Q: I'm reorganizing my files and placing some of them on OneDrive as a backup method. Now, I'm looking at my Tidal music collection and wondering if I could throw that in there as well.
Yeah, you can surely back up your music on OneDrive. However, the music you download from Tidal cannot be normally uploaded to OneDrive due to the format restriction of Tidal music. Don't worry. Yet there is no one-step process to do it, we have found a solution for you to add music to OneDrive from Tidal with the help of an easy-to-use tool.
After uploading Tidal music to OneDrive, you will then be able to play music from OneDrive at any time and any place.
Part 1. Get Tidal Music for OneDrive – Tool Recommend
As one of the giants in the streaming music industry, Tidal has beaten its competitors in sound quality by offering four audio settings: Normal, High, HiFi, and Master. Especially, HiFi recordings are CD-quality lossless files, and any media labeled as MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) under Tidal promises high-resolution (96kHz/24bit) audio delivered via FLAC or WAV file.
However, as is mentioned above, you cannot play the downloaded Tidal music files that have digital copyright protection. Thus, you will need to get Tidal music in other formats so that you can upload Tidal music to OneDrive.
What Audio Formats are Supported on OneDrive?
Currently, you can upload Tidal music to OneDrive that are encoded in the following audio formats: MP3, AAC (M4A), and WMA.
According to Microsoft, some AAC files might not be played correctly. Therefore, we suggest you get your Tidal music for OneDrive in MP3 format.
Best tool to Get Tidal Music in MP3 for OneDrive
To help you get Tidal music in MP3, you will need the help of the DRmare Tidal Music Converter. It is an initiative tool with a user-friendly UI that enables you to download and convert Tidal music to common audio formats like MP3, WAV, AAC that are supported by OneDrive. Later, you can organize or manage them on OneDrive, Google Drive, or iCloud, etc.
While preserving 100% original quality of Tidal music, DRmare Tidal Music Converter is also smart enough to detect all the ID3 tags information such as title, artist, genre, and embed them into the downloaded Tidal audio files. Running at 5X speed, it will save you plenty of time to get all Tidal music downloaded and converted.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
One important thing you need to keep in mind is that the converted Tidal music is for personal use only.
Part 2. How to Download and Convert Tidal Music for OneDrive
After introducing the powerful features of the DRmare Tidal Music Converter, you probably wonder how does it work exactly. Coming next, we will show you how to download and convert Tilda music for OneDrive step by step. Firstly, you are required to install DRmare Tidal Music Converter and Tidal app on your computer.
- Step 1Copy Tidal music link to DRmare
- Launch DRmare Tidal Music Converter, and it will open the Tidal app as well. Next, go to the Tidal app and find the music you want to download, then copy its link. Paste the link to the address box in the main interface of DRmare Tidal Music Converter, and hit on the '+' button to load Tidal music into DRmare.
- Step 2Define Tidal output format for OneDrive
- On the top-right corner of the DRmare Tidal Music Converter, you will find 'Preference' > 'Convert' from the menu. Here, you are suggested to select the output format as MP3 or WMA. Besides, you can customize other parameters including audio channel, sample rate, bit rate according to your need.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal music
- Now, please hit on the 'Convert' button to start the downloading and converting process. When this finish, you can locate the downloaded Tidal music on your computer from the converted history list.
Part 3. How to Add Music to OneDrive from Tidal
Now you have the downloaded Tidal music in hand and can go ahead to finally upload Tidal Music to OneDrive. Files can be uploaded in two ways: using your web browser or the OneDrive app.
Upload Tidal Music to OneDrive via Web Browser
Please visit onedrive.live.com, and log in with your account. You can drag the downloaded Tidal music into the Music folder in OneDrive to upload.
Upload Tidal Music to OneDrive via OneDrive Desktop App
Step 1. Download the OneDrive Desktop app and install it on your computer.
Step 2. Log in with your OneDrive account.
Step 3. Find the Music folder in OneDrive.
Step 4. Drag the Tidal music you want to back up into the Music Folder to upload.
That's it! After following the steps above, you would be able to add music to OneDrive from Tidal.