How to Import iTunes M4V Videos to After Effects
Q: I would like to use Adobe After Effects to finish my subject arranged by my teacher. But Adobe Effects seems not allow me to start my work when importing videos rented from iTunes store to it. It happens because of the compatible formats? Since my rented iTunes movies will be expired in 30 hours, is there a quick solution for me to import iTunes M4V to Adobe After Effects?
Part 1. Everything We Know about Adobe After Effects
When we are talking about Adobe video editor, most of us will think of Adobe Premiere Pro. Actually, Adobe After Effects is a popular digital video editing software. After Effects is not only ultimate editing application for creating digital visual effects, motion graphics, as well as animation, but also an extraordinary composting tool.
No doubt that After Effects is an important tool for designers and photographers, especially for videographers. When you turn on your television or go to a theater to watch a video, you will be attracted by the visuals that created by After Effects. Although sometime the illusions are subtle to realize it, we are not able to deny that it actually exits.
Support Video and Animation Format:
Animated GIF, DV, IMG, EI, FLM, SWF, MPEG, OMF, MOV, PSD, AVI, WAV, WMV, WMA, ASF
Support Audio Format:
AAC, M4A, AIF, AIFF, MP3, WAV
Part 2. Can we Edit iTunes M4V Movies on Adobe After Effects
From the compatible formats mentioned above, you might know that After Effects is not compatible with M4V video files. But the bad news is that iTunes purchased and rented movies and TV shows are encoded with M4V container format. Apart from the compatible issue, the other thing you should know is that Apple use FairPlay DRM technology to protect the copyright of iTunes digital content, such as movies, music videos, audiobooks, TV shows, and more. Therefore, you will get stuck when you import iTunes DRM M4V videos to Adobe After Effects unless you release iTunes movies from DRM protection and convert them to After Effects compatible formats, like MPEG and MOV. Here, we'll give the useful suggestion for you to add this new function to Adobe After Effects: How to convert iTunes M4V to After Effects.
Part 3. Best Solution to Make iTunes M4V Available on After Effects
There are so many M4V converters on the market, which can transfer M4V videos to other common Adobe After Effects supported formats. But it is not the case for iTunes M4V video files, since they are protected by DRM technology.
Here, we'll meet DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows, which is aspired to get rid of DRM technology from both iTunes purchases and rentals. With this innovative iTunes M4V to After Effects Converter, you can finish to convert iTunes DRM M4V to After Effects video formats with a few clicks. Since you can edit videos on Adobe After Effects, the computer your equip must be compatible with DRmare software. Now you can follow the simple tutorial to make iTunes M4V videos recognized and editable on Adobe After Effects.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
- Strip DRM from iTunes 1080p/720p HD M4V movies with 20X faster speed
- Convert DRM iTunes to Adobe After Effects compatible formats, like MP4
- Keep lossless quality, including AC3 5.1 audio track, closed caption, subtitle, etc.
- Work perfectly on both Windows and Mac operating systems with the latest iTunes
- Step 1Import iTunes protected movies and TV shows to DRmare
- Double click to launch DRmare M4V Converter from your desktop. You can drag and drop iTunes movies to the main interface of this smart software directly. But please make sure these iTunes movies are encrypted by DRM technology, since iTunes to Adobe converter can work well on iTunes protected videos. Also, you can click the "Add Files" option to choose iTunes downloaded movies from iTunes library freely. By the way, this smart iTunes M4V converter supports batch conversion, which means that you are able to import all favorite iTunes movies to DRmare once.
- Step 2Select output format for Adobe After Effects
- Adobe After Effects supports almost all common videos. You can depend on your special requirements to choose the output format by touching the "Format" option at the bottom left of the main screen. This software will pop up a new window, where you can see lots of video and audio formats for your choice. In order to personalize iTunes converted M4V videos, you can tab the gear icon to customize the bit rite, frame bite, video size, etc. Also, you can skip this step to be by default. DRmare M4V Converter can keep all audio tracks and subtitles in the iTunes DRM-free movies.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes M4V videos for After Effects
- Once you are ready for everything, touch the "Convert" button to launch the conversion process. DRmare iTunes to Adobe converter can break FairPlay DRM lock and transfer iTunes M4V to right Adobe support format that you set before simultaneously. You need to wait a few minutes before the conversion process is done. At this time, you can do something others.
Part 4. How to Import iTunes Unprotected M4V to After Effects
Now, you have solved the compatible problem of different formats and removed DRM protection from iTunes purchases and rentals. You can import iTunes DRM-free M4V files to Adobe After Effects by your own. There are two simple methods for your reference.
1. Import videos using the Import dialog box. Choose File -> Import -> File/Multiple files. You can also import more files by double clicking the empty area of the Project panel. Once you have selected the right file, you can start to touch the "Open" option.
2. Drag files directly. The other way for you to add videos to After Effects is to drag them directly from destination folder to the Project panel.