"How to watch movies from iTunes on Amazon Firestick? I had lots of iTunes purchased and rented movies, but don't know how to play iTunes on Firestick. Is there anyone that can help me out?"
When it comes to Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV, they should be regarded as two of the most popular devices for people to enjoy media content. However, Amazon Firestick and Fire TV don't support to play iTunes movies currently.
So, is there any workaround to get iTunes on Firestick and Fire TV? Sure. Here in this post, we will share some tips for you to get iTunes for Firestick/Fire TV and then watch iTunes movies on Firestick/Fire TV with ease. Let's check it out now.
Part 1. Can You Watch iTunes on Firestick/Fire TV
Why you can't play iTunes movies on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV? It is because iTunes movies are protected which can't be played on any other devices or platforms. Users can only watch the movies on iTunes authorized devices like iOS devices, etc.
But you could get solution from some third-party tools to get Apple movies on Fire Stick and Fire TV. In the next part, you could find two apps to play Apple movies on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV. You could check it out then.
Part 2. Play iTunes on Firestick/Fire TV Directly
1. Get iTunes on Fire TV via AirPlay Receiver
In order to play videos from iTunes on Amazon Fire, here is a directly way. That is to use the AirPlay apps to do that. Nowadays, many third-party developers have created many AirPlay apps. They can turn devices into an AirPlay receiver.
The Reflector is such an app, which can be installed on Amazon Fire TV. With it, you can easily stream iTunes videos from your iOS devices, like the iPhone, iPad, iPod by using the AirPlay feature. But this is not perfect, there is a minor inconvenience to keep the Reflector running on the Amazon Fire TV all the time. And you can't back up the videos to watch any time.
2. Get iTunes for Firestick via Movies Anywhere App
The Movies Anywhere app can work with the 2nd Generation of Fire TV Stick. It allows users to store their favorite movies from iTunes, Vudu, Amazon, etc. in one place for playing anytime and anywhere. That is to say, you can watch iTunes movies on Firestick via the Movies Anywhere app.
How to watch iTunes on Firestick within this app? It is easy. You just need to install the app on your device, then connect to your iTunes account to play the movies.
However, to play iTunes movies on Amazon Fire Stick via Movies Anywhere, there are some restrictions. You could check as below.
- Movies Anywhere is only available in the United States.
- The movies were originally redeemed or purchased from iTunes Store.
- The movie is from the catalog of s participating studio like Disney, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp., Warner Bros, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Entertainment Inc. and Universal.
Part 3. Watch iTunes on Amazon Fire with DRmare iTunes Converter
The two apps we showed above have limits, which are not convenient. But please don't worry. In this part, we will show an ideal solution for you. That is to remove FairPlay DRM protection from iTunes videos via DRmare iTunes to Amazon Fire Converter. It is such a professional and powerful iTunes DRM unlocking tool.
It supports all kinds of iTunes purchased/rented DRM videos. You can convert all iTunes videos, including movies, TV shows, music videos with lossless quality at a faster speed.
After converting, you can get iTunes on Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon Fire TV. All the converted iTunes video episodes will be playable on any HD TVs with Amazon Fire TV boxes and any other devices. Besides, you can also use the converted iTunes movies for playing on other non-Apple devices without any limitation.
DRmare iTunes to Amazon Fire Converter
Convert iTunes Movies for Amazon Fire
Then you can simply follow these 3 steps to convert your movies from iTunes for Firestick and Fire TV.
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM M4V movies
- You can launch the software from your computer after installing. Then you can simply drag and drop the iTunes videos that you desired to the DRmare iTunes to Amazon Fire Converter. Please make sure the videos are authorized to play well on your computer so that to prevent any trouble during the converting process.
- Step 2Customize output video settings
- Amazon Fire supports several formats with the codec like H.263, H.264(mp4), MPEG4-SP, VC1. I'd suggest you to choose MP4(Lossless) which is supported perfectly by Amazon Firestick and Fire TV. Besides choosing the output format, you can do other settings to customize the subtitle, audio track.
- Step 3Start to convert iTunes for Amazon Fire
- After doing the settings, you can click the "Convert" button at the lower right. It will start to apply the changes and remove the DRM protection from iTunes movies. Please wait a few minutes for it to complete quickly. You can go to the converted folder to locate the videos you have converted when it is done.
Part 4. How to Watch iTunes Movies on Firestick/Fire TV
Now, it's time to play iTunes on Amazon Fire. Unlike Roku and Chromecast, Amazon Fire doesn't support to play local videos from USB though it supports USB external storage.
But don't worry, you can stream iTunes videos to Amazon Fire via uploading iTunes videos to Amazon Cloud Drive or Kindle Fire Tablet, Plex / Kodi Media Server, etc. The followings are the detailed tutorial on how to use iTunes on Amazon Fire.
Method 1. Play Movies from iTunes on Firestick via WiFi
Before playing iTunes movies on Amazon Fire Stick on your TV, please do the preparations as below first.
- Make sure your Amazon Firestick is plugged into your TV's HDMI port.
- Connect your Firestick and your computer with the same WiFi.
- Ensure that you had got the Firestick Remote with you.
- You had logged into your Amazon account on the device.
After checking, then you can go ahead to see how to put iTunes on Fire Stick.
Step 1. Press and hold on the 'Home' button on your Firestick Remote for seconds.
Step 2. Choose the 'Mirroring' option on the menu.
Step 3. Find and select the 'Notification' icon at the bottom right corner of the screen on your computer, then hit on the 'Connect' to go on.
Step 4. Touch on your 'Firestick device' icon to link your computer to the Firestick device when you see it on the screen.
Once the casting process is finished, then you can play iTunes movies on Firestick on your TV.
Method 2. Upload iTunes Movies to Amazon Cloud Drive.
You can simply go to the Amazon Cloud Drive official website > Choose 'Photos & Videos' > Click 'Add Photos & Video' and select your videos to upload. Then you will find the videos on the Amazon Fire TV instantly and you can click the video to play immediately.
Method 3. Cast Videos from Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet.
You can first transfer the common movies to your Kindle Fire first via USB. After that, you can change the settings on your Amazon Fire TV. Select 'Settings' > Click 'Display and Sounds' > Choose 'Enable Display Mirroring'. Finally, you can turn on the Miracast on your Kindle Fire to search and connect to cast videos to your Fire TV.
Method 4. Stream iTunes Movies to Amazon Fire via Plex.
Just install the Plex Media Server application to your computer and the Plex client app on your Amazon Fire TV or TV Stick. Then you can upload the DRM free iTunes videos and play them from any devices with the Plex client app installed.
Video Guide: Play iTunes Movies on Amazon Fire
Part 5. What's Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming media player which supports to stream media contents from YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Instant, etc. to any TV through WiFi. With it, you can make your TV into a smart TV when you plug it into the TV's HDMI port.
Besides, the Firestick is with a remote control feature, which allows you to control your TV easily and directly. You can control via buttons, voice or Alexa Virtual Assistant.
Amazon Fire TV is a small digital media player box, which can stream lots of online contents like songs, games, movies, etc. to your HDTV. With its fast quad-core processor, large memory storage, Dolby Digital Plus surround sound and dedicated GPU, Amazon Fire TV has become more and more popular by most people.
At last, no matter you have the Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV, you can watch iTunes movies on your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV with the three methods above.