Q: I'm a video editing amateur enthusiast, and my favorite entertainment activity is to edit videos from different movies and TV shows so that I can make an exclusive video collection for special topics. But when I imported videos purchased and rented from iTunes store, I realized that I made a stupid choice, since there is no way to upload iTunes digital videos to Sony Vegas directly due to Apple's DRM technology.
So my question is that is there anyone who has a full knowledge in the field of removing iTunes DRM protection and could you please recommend a simple yet effective iTunes DRM removal tool to me so that I can make it possible to edit iTunes DRM videos on Sony Vegas?
Part 1. What is Sony Vegas Software
Being the same as Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas is also a powerful video editing software program. Actually, Sony Vegas Pro is originally designed as an audio editing solution. Along with persistent innovation and creation, it has eventually developed into a non-linear editing (NLE) for audio and video files standing for amateur enthusiast-level video editing. Running the Windows operating system, this stunning Vegas Pro is capable of providing a real-time timeline for you to editing multi-track audios and videos on unlimited tracks.
Apart from this advanced and unique editing advantage, the latest Sony Vegas comes with multiple other amazing features, such as resolution-independent video sequencing, complex effects and compositing tools, support importing HD and 4K resolution and more. With the completely customizable and easy-to-use interface, Sony Vegas allows you to work faster and more effective.
Part 2. Best Software to Convert iTunes Movies to Vegas Pro for Editing
Sony Vegas Pro is available for Windows operating system, including Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit). Without a doubt, you are equipped with a Window computer and have installed Sony Vegas on your PC.
In order to avoid extra hassle, here, we only talk about iTunes DRM cracker for Windows. In fact, there are so many extraordinary DRM M4V converters for free and paid, such as DRmare M4V Converter, TunesKit DRM Media Converter and Requiem. Taken DRmare M4V Converter for Windows as example, let's give the detailed introduction on getting rid of DRM restriction from iTunes movies and TV shows. After that I'll tell you how to import iTunes DRM-free videos to Vegas Pro for editing.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
- Strip DRM from iTunes 1080p/720p HD M4V movies with 20X faster speed
- Convert DRM iTunes to Sony Vegas compatible formats, like MP4
- Keep lossless quality, including AC3 5.1 audio track, closed caption, subtitle, etc.
- Work perfectly on both Windows and Mac operating systems with the latest iTunes
Part 3. How to Remove DRM Protection from iTunes Purchases and Rentals
By adopting more advanced DRM decryption, DRmare M4V Converter for Window can truly decrypt FairPlay DRM technology, which is totally different from other iTunes DRM softwares removing DRM by decoded and re-encoded technology.
Put it another way, the conversion process of breaking DRM protection is lossless and won't touch the original audio and video tracks but strip off the DRM limitation from imported iTunes movie files. What's more, this smart DRmare software is also a video converter, which can convert iTunes M4V to almost all common formats so that you are able to make iTunes DRM videos compatible with almost all video editing software programs and other devices.
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM protected videos to DRmare
- After you have launched DRmare M4V Converter for Windows, you can import download iTunes movies and TV episodes to DRmare software by clicking the "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the main interface or via dragging&dropping action directly.
- Step 2Set output formats for Sony Vegas Pro
- There is no doubt that Sony Vegas is a professional video editing program so it can support various imported video formats. Here, you just need to keep the output format as the default format, MP4 that is fully compatible with Vegas Pro. Also, in this step, you can click the gear icon to customize the converted iTunes video files by changing the bit rate, frame rate, video size, and others.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes for Sony Vegas
- Once all settings are ready, please press the conversion button at the bottom right of the main interface. When tapping the "Convert" option, DRmare M4V Converter will start to convert iTunes DRM M4V videos to DRM-free files automatically. And then you need to be patient to wait for the end of converting conversion. The time depends on how many iTunes video files you imported.
Part 4. Quick Ways for Importing iTunes DRM Videos to Sony Vegas
Congratulations! The unprotected iTunes movies and TV shows are exported to target folder now and they are fully compatible with Sony Vegas Pro. You are able to import and edit iTunes videos freely like other common videos by yourself with Vegas Pro. There are two methods for you to add iTunes video files to Sony Vegas. If you are not familiar with Sony professional editing software, you can read on the following simple steps.
There are two simple ways for you to import iTunes DRM-free movies and TV shows to Sony Vegas. One is to click the File-> Import… -> Media… options successively. The other approach is to touch the Import icon directly, which is next to the lighting icon. To be honest, for the starter, controlling Sony Vegas Pro to edit iTunes videos is not an easy task, before using this professional video editing software, you can search for more detailed tutorial online to learn how to use this Sony Vegas video editor effectively.