How to Add a Watermark to iTunes Videos Effortlessly
A watermark is an identifying image or text which can be added to your digital media files like videos, iBooks etc. for branding or decorating.
If you are worried about piracy or simply want to attract more viewers, adding a creative logo to your video is a good idea. In this way, it will safeguard your content from screen capturing, illegal downloads or camera recording. Also, when viewers watch your videos, they will know who created the video. This helps to build more fans to your own video channel such as YouTube, Facebook.
But how to import an watermark into a video? Generally speaking, it is not difficult to do that. For common videos, a free watermark maker such as iMovie, Windows Movie Maker can help directly. For the purchased digital movies such as iTunes episodes, you can use a comprehensive iTunes video editor. Please just read on.
Part 1. How to Add a Logo to Videos in iMovie For Free
There are many free tools available online for putting a watermark on videos. If you are an Apple Fan, iMovie is best for you. It works well on Mac computers such as as iMac, Mabook Air/Pro and iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This tool supports some common videos including DV, AVCHD, HDV, iFrame, Apple Animation Codec, H.264, MP4, MOV.
Step 1. First of all, you can prepare an image you want to place on your videos first. You can do that on Adobe Photoshop or download one watermark you want online.
Step 2. Open iMovie to import your movies and watermarks to your video project.
Step 3. Drag your video to the timeline and the logo above the video.
Step 4. Adjust the positioning, transparency, size of your watermark and check to make sure everything is fitting.
Step 5. Hit the "Save" button to save all the settings and then you can export it to a new film with your own logo.
If you don't have Apple devices, you don't need to worry either, just try to use the free Windows Movie Maker. You will be able to add a text watermark or image watermark easily.
Part 2. Best Solution to Add Watermarks to Any Videos
However, the other formats such as MKV, AVI, WMV, WebM, XviD, DivX, DVD, DAV, VOB, MTS, M2TS, MXF or DRM files like iTunes movies , TV shows, Extras may not be supported in iMovie. Is there another way to add watermark to any movies?
DRM iTunes Video Editor for Mac/Windows is an all-in-one video converting and editing tool. It supports almost any formats of DRM free movies and all iTunes DRM protected episodes. With it, you don't need to worry if your video is compatible or not. Also, it won't take you long to add an image watermark to videos. The output speed and quality are superior compared to the average watermark creator apps in the market.
DRmare iTunes Video Editing Tool
- Crack DRM encryption from iTunes Extras, rentals, purchases with ease
- Support any formats of videos such as WMV, MP4, MOV, DVD, MTS, AVI, H.264
- Support to put watermarks to videos on both Windows and Mac computers
- One-stop solution to convert/cut/edit/transform iTunes movies to new masterpieces
DRmare software simplified the processes to convert iTunes M4V movies. It automatically decrypt iTunes DRM files in the background. So during editing, you won't even perceive that your files are protected. Now please follow the guide to add a watermark to iTunes movie on Mac.
- Step 1Add iTunes M4V files
- To get started, you can click the two "Add Files" button from the bottom left to browse the iTunes M4V media files from your computer folder or the iTunes library. Please make sure the movie files are authorized to play on iTunes.
- Step 2Load a watermark
- Besides the movie you imported, there is an "editing" icon, please simply click it to open the editing window. The editing options include trimming, adjusting videos, adding effects, watermark, subtitles, audio and so on. In order to add a logo, you can click "Watermark", then select a PNG or JPG picture to import and you can add a text watermark as well.
- Step 3Customize output parameters (optional)
- In addition, you can customize the output format, subtitle, audio track and output folder. Just do the settings according to your own requirements. If you don't have any special need, you may just keep the default settings.
- Step 4Export iTunes movies
- Finally, you can click "Convert" to remove DRM protection from iTunes M4V movies and export them to new videos with watermarks you just added. The output speed can reach up to 20X faster speed, so you won't wait long to get the files you want.
Part 3. Final Thoughts
That is it. So we have learned the top two ways to add watermarks to videos. Which one do you prefer? In my option, if you only want to add a logo to standard videos, the free video editors such as iMovie, Windows Movie Maker should be good enough to help you. However, if you want to insert watermarks to iTunes movies, you will need to comprehensive DRmare iTunes Video Converter which supports to convert both DRM-free and DRM protected files. With the built-in DRM removal technology, you can get rid of DRM and edit the videos directly.
Do you find any other better tools which we didn't list here? If so, please tell us by leaving your comments below.