Q: Few days ago, I learned about a new video editor called Avidemux from one of my friends. It is a free software so that I wanted to use it to edit my iTunes videos. But I found that it doesn't allow me to import iTunes videos. I didn't know why. Do anyone know the reason? Could you tell me how to import and edit iTunes videos in Avidemux?
Part 1. Something We Need to Know about Avidemux
Avidemux is a free and open-source video editing program, which is designed for video editing and video processing. As for the compatible system, it is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It can adopt various codecs to guarantee wonderful video editing and encoding tasks. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Supported Input Formats: AVI, MP4, Matroska, MPEG-2, H.264 and H.265
In order to let you learn more about this video editor, you could have a look of some tips of it:
1. Can join videos into one.
2. Rotating video for a special angle of view.
3. More than one thing could be done within Avidemux, such as resizing, color adding, noise removing, etc.
After learning about the Avidemux, it seems that it is a wonderful video editor for people who want their videos to become wonderful with little time. Unfortunately, there is one thing that will let iTunes users upset if they use Avidemux to edit iTunes videos. It is that Avidemux does not support iTunes M4V videos. Thus, is there any way to import and edit iTunes videos in Avidemux?
Please take it easy. Here we will show you the solution and guide you how to do with this issue.
Part 2. Best Way to Convert iTunes M4V Videos
Here we would like to recommend DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter for Mac to you. It is an intelligent iTunes video converter, which can convert iTunes videos in common formats, like MP4, MPEG and other formats. In addition, it outputs lossless videos in a faster speed and you can customize your videos before converting, such as trimming, adding effects and more.
Now you can follow the bellowing tutorial to make iTunes M4V videos available on Avidemux. You can click the "Download" button to download and install the program on your computer and start.
DRmare iTunes Video Converter for Avidemux
- Convert iTunes M4V videos to the compatible format for Avidemux
- Support editing the videos, such as cutting, adding watermark, etc.
- Keep lossless quality, like AC3 5.1 Dolby audio track, multilingual subtitles, etc.
- Can be streamed to other devices for offline playback after converting
- Step 1Add iTunes movies to DRmare program
- As you had downloaded the DRmare iTunes Video Converter on your computer, now please double click the program icon on your desktop to launch it. For importing iTunes videos to the program, there are two ways for you to choose. One is the words you see on the main interface of the program when you open it. Here you could directly drag and drop your iTunes videos to the program. The other way is that you can click "Add File" button on the bottom left of the program to locate your iTunes video files on your iTunes library and then choose the wanted converting videos.
- Step 2Set output format for Avidemux
- According to the supported formats we mentioned of Avidemux, you could select MP4 format as the output format for your iTunes videos. You could click "Format" button at the bottom right of the program. Then it will pop up a window, in which you will see the video and audio formats. If you have other special requirements, you could also personalize the iTunes videos as you want, such as the bit rate, frame rate and more parameters.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4V videos for Avidemux
- Once the setting is ready, please touch the "Convert" button to start converting. Then the DRmare program will enter the converting process automatically. You just need to wait a few minutes for the converting process. When the process finishes, you will get the converted iTunes movies and you could locate them on your computer by clicking the "Converted" button. At last, you could go to Avidemux program and add the converted iTunes videos to Avidemux to start editing.
Part 3. The Verdict
Now, with the help of DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter, you had converted iTunes videos and got the compatible format for Avidemux, then you can easily import iTunes videos to Avidemux and begin to edit iTunes videos in Avidemux. Using DRmare Converter to convert iTunes videos is the best way for those who like to use Avidemux to edit their iTunes movies. After following the tutorial at this post, you will find that this program is user-friendly and easy to operate. And it is with powerful features that let you convert iTunes videos and then stream them to other devices for offline playback.
If you have something want to share with us, please feel free to write down at the comment section to let us know.