Q: I found out a freely wonderful video editor, called Kdenlive. With the help of this video editing software, I can cut unwanted video footages, like commercial advertisement and add beautiful effects on video files. The main reason I love this software is I can make live album for my family and friends as a unique gift. My sister is an addict of iTunes movies, and always purchases and rents tons of videos from iTunes store. Since her birthday is coming, I would like to make a video collection of her favorite iTunes movies and TV shows as a surprise. But to my disappointment, when I import iTunes purchased videos to Kdenlive, there seems something wrong happened. What's wrong with this? Is it possible to edit iTunes videos on Kdenlive by my own without any restriction?
Part 1. What is Kdenlive & Kdenlive Supproted Media Format
Kdenlive is an open-source non-linear video editing application, which is freely available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, as well as FreeBSD. As one of the most versatile non-linear and multi-track video editing solutions, Kdenlive is capable of editing multi-track audios and videos in a timeline meaning it can support an unlimited number or digital tracks. Also, this powerful video editor is an all-in-one media cutter, with which you are able to create, move, cut and trim unwanted video segments, extra audio clips, images and etc. Of course, the main features are a wide range of effects and transitions designed for media files, like normalization, phase, adjustment, masking, blue-screen, rotations and more. Without a doubt, Kdenlive could be one of the best free and open-source video editing software for you to make your exclusive and fascinating videos.
Kdenlive Supported Video Formats:
H.263, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, WMV, XviD, x264, Theora, DV, FLV and others
Kdenlive Compatible Audio Formats:
AAC, AC3, ALAC, EAC, FLAC, MP2, Ogg Vorbis, WAV, WMA, PCM, ADPCM, GSM, MP3, Opus and Speex audio file formats
Part 2. Everything We Need to Know about iTunes Purchases and Rentals
It's well known that iTunes is one of the biggest online digital stores, by which members with iTunes-linked Apple ID can purchase and rent overwhelming variety of digital entertainment, like movies, TV shows, audiobooks, applications, and so on. If you are addicted in entertainment feelings bring by iTunes store, please be well noted that iTunes digital files, like movies and TV shows are encrypted by Apple's FairPlay DRM technology and encoded with special M4V format. And then are there any relationship with enjoying iTunes purchases and rentals. The answer must be certain. With the protection of DRM technology, you are limited to watch and use iTunes DRM M4V videos on Apple ecosystem only. Obviously, this is the key reason why you can't import legally purchased and rented iTunes movies and TV shows on Kdenlive. Otherwise, as for iTunes rentals, if you have started to watch iTunes them, you are supposed to finish watching them within 48 hours because rented videos will automatically disappear from your iTunes library when time's over. For more detailed introduction between iTunes purchases and rentals, there is a useful source page for your reference: Detailed Comparison to iTunes Purchases and Rentals.
Part 3. Best iTunes M4V to Kdenlive Converter – Transfer iTunes DRM Videos to Kdenlive
Up to now, all of you understand that iTunes movies and TV episodes can't import to Kdenlive video editing software directly due to DRM protection and different video formats. With the purpose of making iTunes DRM M4V movies available for Keenlive video editor, a third-party software is required. Here, we can meet DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows, which is dedicated to break the DRM lock from both iTunes purchases and rentals and transfer iTunes M4V to Kdenlive compatible formats, like MPEG and WMV. What's more, this professional iTunes DRM removal software support customization function, so you can change the bit rate, frame rate, video size, and more for converted iTunes videos according to your special requirement. If you are the first time to use such program, there is a simple yet effective guide in the following article to help you to convert iTunes movies to Kdenlive video editing program.
DRmare DRM M4V to Kdenlive Converter
- Convert iTunes 1080p/720p HD movies, TV shows, music videos, iTunes Extras
- Convert DRM iTunes M4V to Kdenlive supported WMV, MPEG and other formats
- Keep lossless quality, including AC3 5.1 audio track, closed caption, subtitle, etc.
- Support a large number of popular mobile devices and media players
Part 4. Quick Tutorial to Make iTunes DRM Movies Playable on Kdenlive Freely
Before you start to follow the guide to sync iTunes library to Kedelive video editor, please make sure you have downloaded and installed this smart software on your computer in advance and your iTunes protected video files are also downloaded on your computer completely.
- Step 1Import iTunes DRM downloaded videos to DRmare software
- When you open the DRmare iTunes M4V converter, you can see a user-friendly interface. In order to import iTunes downloaded movies and TV episodes to this software, please touch the "Add Files" button at the bottom left of the main screen or you can drag and drop video files that you would like to convert to its interface directly. The last way is suitable for importing a few iTunes DRM videos to DRmare software.
- Step 2Set output format for Kdenlive video editing software
- Simply tap the "Format" option and it will pop up a new window, in which there are various video and audio formats for your choice. From the video formats supported by Kdenlive, you can enter to General Video menu to define MPEG or WMV as the output format for Kdenlive video editor. In this step, you can also set the destination folder to get the converted iTunes DRM-free videos.
- Step 3Remove DRM & convert iTunes M4V videos for Kdenlive editor
- Once all settings are ready, you can press the conversion button so that DRmare M4V Converter starts to remove DRM protection and transfer iTunes M4V to defined output format automatically. When the converting process ends, converted iTunes unprotected video files are stored in target folder. And now, you can open the Kdenlive video editing software, and import iTunes DRM-free videos to Kdenlive directly for editing.