It is common for people to receive gift card or gift certificate code by email during our birthdays or holidays like Halloween, Christmas.
But sometimes we may receive gift card that of no use to us or difficult to use. For instance, if you are an Android user and receive some iTunes or Apple Music gift card, you may find it confused or complicated to utilize since they are mainly designed for Apple users and they can only be redeemed from the Apple devices like iPhone, iPad or related Apps.
What would you do in this occasion? Well, it is rude to refuse or return a gift card. Surely it is not a good idea to do that. Fortunately there are multiple ways to use your gift card on your Android devices. You might redeem the digital media contents you want from iTunes and transfer them to your Android devices or swap the iTunes gift card with your friends or people online.
If you enjoy music, the best way is to use the iTunes gift card or Apple Music gift card to help you sign up a new membership or extend your date of renewal of ongoing subscription. Apple Music for Android enables you to stream millions of songs without any limitations.
1. Launch the Apple Music app on your Android mobile device. If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can simply go to the Play Store to download it.
2. You will see the three-dash button on the upper-left corner of the Apple Music screen.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password, you can also click 'Create an Apple ID' if it is the first time you use this.
4. After signing, tap your 'Account' and then you can click 'Redeem' button.
5. Enter the code from the back of the card and press 'Redeem'.
But if you don't like streaming music online, you can also download the iTunes media files and then transfer to your Android devices. Just redeem the iTunes gift card or Apple Music gift card to top up your balance on iTunes. After that, you can use the balance to buy any contents you want such as music, movie, iBooks and transfer them to your Android devices via USB cable.
1. Start iTunes on your computer and login with the Apple ID and password.
2. Click the top menu 'Account', it will pop up a context menu.
3. Pickup the 'Redeem' button.
4. Find the code from the back of your iTunes Gift Card and then type in the box where it asks you for the code.
5. Click 'Redeem' to apply the credits to your Apple ID.
6. Next you can go back to the iTunes store and use the credits to buy the iTunes songs or albums you like.
Since all the songs are DRM free, you can transfer them to any devices for playback. Just download the purchased songs and then copy them to your Android device via a USB cable.
Similarly, you can use the iTunes credits to buy movies, TV shows, Extras under the movie or TV section. But one thing you need to note is that iTunes videos are locked with FairPlay DRM protection. This DRM protection requires you to authorize a device through iTunes before you can watch the videos. But as you may have already knew, there is not an Android version iTunes, it is impossible to go through the certification process.
So before transferring the purchased iTunes movies to your Android devices, you'd better remove the DRM copy protection first. With an extra step to get rid of all the DRM protection by the DRmare M4V Converter for Windows/Mac, your films will become common files for playing anywhere. It adopts the advanced video acceleration and decryption technology, so the converting speed and output quality are superior to other products in the market. Not sure how does it work? Just download the totally free trial version and refer to the instruction to do it: How to Convert iTunes Movies to Android Devices.
Finally if you still not so sure about how to use or simply don't like the iTunes gift card or Apple music gift card, there are other ways to use them. You may swap them or regift it to your family or friends.
Swap the iTunes Gift Card. Ask your friends, colleagues around you to see if they have other gifts you want to swap. You might swap it to other gift card like Google Play gift card or Amazon gift card. It makes more sense to use the Goog Play or Amazon gift card as an Android user.
Regift the iTunes Gift Card. If you you get a physical iTunes Gift Card, you can resend it to others who has an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch as a new gift as long as there is not a name on it.