"Can you play Spotify through VLC media player? I am a fan of Spotify music, but the Spotify app disappointed me. Every time it takes a long time to load up and the playback features are limited. So, I think if there is a way to play Spotify on VLC? Thanks for any help. " - From Jeremy Torres
VLC is a media player and is also one of the best Spotify alternatives. But it doesn't support streaming music services. So it's not able to stream Spotify to VLC in a direct way. Yet, there is still an effective solution to make VLC Spotify work together. Eager to do that? Now please follow the detailed steps in this article and start.
- Part 1. Why You Can't Play Spotify through VLC
- Part 2. Best Tool to Get Spotify VLC Work
- Part 3. Convert Spotify Music for VLC
- Part 4. Stream Spotify to VLC Media Player
- Part 5. FAQs about VLC Spotify
- Part 6. The Verdict
Part 1. Why You Can't Play Spotify through VLC
"Can VLC stream from Spotify?" VLC media player is one of the all-mighty free media players in the market. Compared to the Spotify app, it makes music playback more simple yet gives users more tools they want. This player works well on all kinds of mobile devices, computers, Linux servers, and much more. In general, you can enjoy different kinds of media files including videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and music in the VLC player. For audio playback in VLC, it supports MP3, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, ALAC, and so on.
Spotify is the most popular streaming platform. It has changed the way people enjoy music today. It offers various audio, including podcasts, audiobooks, playlists, music, and more. By paying a $10/month subscription, you can enjoy high-quality songs, and songs offline. But all Spotify songs are saved in Ogg Vorbis format under copyright protection. This unique technology limits the tracks within Spotify's ecosystem.
Now, the reason why you can't get Spotify on VLC is obvious. One is format compatibility, the other is digital right protection. So, When VLC wants to access to the control of Spotify, it will be rejected.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify VLC Player Work Together - Best Tool
To get Spotify music on VLC, what you need to do is to convert protected Spotify songs to VLC-compatible files. So is there a tool to do that like magic?
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the most qualified software. DRmare software supports downloading all kinds of Spotify tracks, playlists, albums, and artists. And it can remove the restriction from Spotify music. Of course, it's able to convert Spotify tracks to multiple kinds of formats for VLC player with ease. It support to change Spotify music to FLAC, MP3, AAC and more with the original quality. With this tool, you can not only use Spotify on VLC but also other third-party players, including iTunes, QuickTime, and so on.
DRmare Spotify to VLC Converter
- Easy to use, even if you are new to computers, you can use it at first glance
- Batch convert Spotify songs at a 5X faster speed, much better than any rivals
- Export protected OGG songs to FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4A, or M4B for VLC player
- Keep the ID3 tag info, metadata, and archive music by artist/album
Part 3. How to Convert Spotify Music for VLC Media Player
VLC supports all kinds of video and audio files such as WAV, AAC, MP3, OGG, AIFF, Raw audio, and CD. If you'd like to stream Spotify to VLC, please choose one of them in DRmare Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify songs. Now, let's do that on your computer.
- Step 1Launch DRmare and add Spotify songs
- You can double click DRmare software to launch it, Spotify app will be opened together. Then you can copy the link of the songs and then press the "+" button on the DRmare software. Or you can drag and drop the songs, playlists, artists to the DRmare software main interface.
- Step 2Pick up the output format for Spotify VLC
- VLC Media Player supports almost any format, so it doesn't matter what kind of format you selected. If you'd like to play Spotify on other players besides VLC, you should choose "MP3". If you'd like to convert Spotify songs with lossless quality, it is better to choose "FLAC". In a word, it depends on your requirement.
- Step 3Convert Spotify for VLC Media Player
- In the end, you can press the "Convert" button to get rid of protection. At the same time, it will download Spotify songs to MP3 common formats on your computer at 5X speed. Note: Please don't use any proxy settings on your network else it may prevent the software from downloading Spotify songs.
Part 4. How to Play Spotify on VLC Media Player
Congratulations! Now you are ready to stream Spotify to VLC without any issues. Let's see how to send audio output from Spotify to VLC player.
Play Spotify through VLC on Windows/Mac Computer
Step 1. Launch the VLC player on your computer, you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Then you can start to add the converted Spotify music to VLC player. For Mac, click the top menu "File" > "Open File" or "Open Folder". For Windows, hit on 'Media' > 'Open Folder'. And then they can be imported to VLC to play offline automatically.
Step 3. VLC can control Spotify playback. It's able to control songs, like shuffle, fast forward, backward, increase/reduce volume, show audio waves, set mono/stereo mode, and so on.
Play Spotify on VLC on iOS/Android Devices
Step 1. On your mobile device, start the VLC Media Player app.
Step 2. Click on 'Network' at the bottom part.
Step 3. Hit on 'Cloud Services' and then choose 'Google Drive'.
Step 4. Add the local Spotify songs to your VLC Media Player. Then you can start to play Spotify playlist on VLC.
Part 5. FAQs about Spotify VLC
Q1: Is VLC Free to Use?
A: Yes. VLC is a free multimedia player for use on different platforms. You can freely use it to play any media files.
Q2: Can I Use VLC to Play Blu-Ray?
A: VLC Media Player supports to play Blu-ray videos on your Windows computer. But it requires a VLC player with a 2.0 or later version. If you use an old version, then please update your VLC first.
Q3: Can VLC Stream from Spotify?
A: No. Due to the protection of Spotify songs, you can directly play Spotify through VLC. If you want to do that, you can use the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to get the local Spotify music files. And then you can add Spotify music to VLC for playing with ease.
Q4: Is There Any VLC Spotify Plugin to Play Spotify Music on VLC?
A: Yes. You can go to GitHub to get a Spotify VLC add-on and use it to stream Spotify on VLC Media Player with ease.
Part 6. The Verdict
In this post, we learned how to get VLC Media Player Spotify to work by the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It is a great tool for Spotify music to get local Spotify songs. With it, you can save Spotify files to common audio formats with the original quality. Then you can move Spotify music to VLC or other platforms for streaming.
Leave a Comment