How to Stream Spotify Songs on VLC Media Player
"I am a fan of Spotify music, but honestly I don't really like the Spotify app. Every time it takes a long time to load up and the playback features are limited. Besides, I feel like my privacy is violated when Spotify post my listening songs on Facebook. Is there a way to stream Spotify music on VLC instead? Thanks for any help. " - From Jeremy Torres.
VLC is one of the all-mighty free media players in the market. Compared to Spotify app, it makes playing music more simple yet gives users more tools they wants. This player works well on all kinds of mobile devices, Windows/Mac computers, Linux servers and much more. Generally you can enjoy different kinds of media files including videos, podcasts, audiobooks, music. Do you want to add your Spotify songs to VLC player too? Please just follow this tips.
View also: How to Import Spotify to Windows Media Player
Part 1. Best Spotify Downloader You Need
Spotify has changed the way people enjoy music today. Previously users are used to buy CD albums and rip them to songs to store on their local library. But now people opted to listen to music online with unlimited selections. If you are willing to pay $10/month subscription, you can also remove ADs, enjoy higher quality songs and cache songs offline. However, it also has a drawback that all songs are DRM protected to limit the tracks within Spotify's ecosystem. This means it is impossible to transfer the protected Spotify songs to other third party players including the most powerful VLC Media Player, iTunes, QuickTime and much more. So is there a way to turn the protected files to common audio files?
Take it easy, my friend. DRmare Spotify Music Downloader for Mac/Windows is one of the best solutions. Because it is the DRM encryption which affects you from getting most out of your songs, the most intuitive way is to ditch it. DRmare software supports all kinds of Spotify tracks, playlists, albums, artists and can remove DRM and convert them to multiple kinds of formats for VLC player with ease.
View also: How to Bypass DRM from Spotify Songs
DRmare Spotify Music Recorder
- Extremely easy to use, even if you are new to computers, you can use it at first glance
- Batch convert Spotify songs at a 5X faster speed, much better than any rivals
- Export DRM protected OGG songs to FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B for VLC player
- Automatically keep the ID3 tag info, meta data and archive music by artist/album
Part 2. Steps to Download Spotify Music to Play on VLC
VLC supports all kinds of video and audio files such as WAV, AAC, MP3, OGG, AIFF, Raw audio, CD. If you'd like stream Spotify via VLC, just follow the steps to download the encrypted tracks to your Windows/Mac computer.
- Step 1Launch DRmare and add Spotify songs
- You can double click DRmare software to launch it, Spotify app will be opened together. Then you can copy the link of the songs and then press "+" button on the DRmare software or you can drag and drop the songs, playlists, artists to the DRmare software main interface.
- Step 2Pick up the output format
- As VLC supports almost any format, so it doesn't matter with what kind of format you selected. If you'd like to play Spotify on other players besides VLC, it is highly recommend to choose "MP3". If you'd like to convert Spotify songs losslessly, it is better to choose "FLAC". In a word, it totally depends on your requirement.
- Step 3Crack DRM from Spotify
- In the end, you can press ”Convert" button to get rid of DRM protection and start to download your OGG Vorbis songs to new common formats on your computer. Note: Please don't use any proxy settings on your network else it may prevent the software from downloading Spotify songs smoothly.
Part 3. Stream Spotify via VLC
Congratulations! Now you are ready to use VLC to stream Spotify. This is actually easy, but it is still worth to mention here as some users maybe new to VLC. The instruction is similar for all versions of VLC media players.
Step 1. Launch the player, you will see the main screen of it.
Step 2. You can click the top menu "File" > "Open File" or "Open Folder" to import the converted songs to VLC to play offline automatically.
Step 3. You can control the Spotify songs to shuffle, fast forward, backward, increase/reduce volume, show audio waves, set mono/stereo mode and much more.
By removing DRM from Spotify songs, you won't be worried about any problems on enjoying the files. Do you still have any questions? Just tell us in the comment section below, I will help you out personally.
So as to find out how does it work in a much easier way, you can also take a look at this video tutorial.