"Can you change the playback speed on Spotify?" When you listen to a song or podcast on Spotify, and you find the Spotify playback speed slow. At this time, you may wonder is there a way to change playback speed on Spotify. Luckily, Spotify offers s speed changer in its apps and you can use it for free to increase or slow the playback speed. Yet, this function is only available for Spotify podcast. If you want to adjust Spotify playback speed for songs, you need to seek another way.
If you don't know how to change playback speed on Spotify podcast, you can follow the steps in the following post. Also, here we will show you how to adjust playback speed for Spotify songs. Please read this post and learn more about how to do that.
Part 1. How to Change Spotify Podcast Playback Speed on Spotify App
As Spotify provides a speed changer in its app, it is convenient to slow or increase playback speed Spotify. But it only works for Spotify podcast. Here we will walk you through how to change Spotify playback speed for Spotify podcast on Spotify app on computers and mobile phones.
On Windows/Mac Computers:
Step 1. Open the Spotify program on your computer.
Step 2. Find and play a podcast you like. Then look for the speed changer option in the now playing page.
Step 3. Now, you can adjust playback on Spotify by changing the speed from 0.5x to 3x as you want.
On Android/iPhone Devices:
Step 1. Power on your mobile phone. Then launch the Spotify music app.
Step 2. Search for the podcast you like to listen to and then play it.
Step 3. Head to the Now Playing page and then hit on the speed changer icon.
Step 4. At last, you can choose to change Spotify playback speed Android/iPhone for Spotify podcast.
Part 2. How to Change Playback Speed in Spotify Web Player
The tutorial above is to increase playback speed Spotify podcast. If you want to change playback speed on Spotify songs, then you need to find another way. Here to help you out, we will introduce a tool for you. It is Spotify Playback Speed Access and it is a Chrome extension. With this tool, you can easily adjust playback speed in Spotify. Now, let's see how to increase playback speed on Spotify Web Player.
Step 1. Open the Chrome web browser on your computer.
Step 2. Enter the official page of Spotify Playback Speed Access. And then click on the 'Add to Chrome' button.
Step 3. Launch the Spotify Web Player page on the browser and then log in to your Spotify account.
Step 4. Find the speed changer icon next to the volume. Then you can touch the triangle icon to change Spotify playback speed for your songs.
Part 3. How to Change Spotify Playback Speed Anywhere
"Can I adjust Spotify playback speed outside Spotify platform?" Some users want to change playback speed Spotify on other platforms or devices. But you should note that Spotify songs can't be used directly on some platforms. So, here you need a tool to help break the limits from Spotify.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is a good helper for you to save Spotify music to common audio files. It can convert and download music from Spotify via the tracks' links. And it can output Spotify music as MP3, FLAC and more audio formats.
Besides, this tool can work at a rapid conversion speed. And it will keep the full metadata and original sound quality of the Spotify audio tracks. Also, you can reset the output audio parameters like channel and so on you like.
After getting the local Spotify music with this tool, you can then move them the platform that has a speed changer. And then you can start to play Spotify songs and adjust Spotify playback speed with ease.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
Now, let's check out how to convert and download Spotify music as local files by DRmare Spotify Music Converter. And then you will learn how to change the playback speed on Spotify songs anywhere.
- Step 1Drag songs from Spotify to DRmare Music Converter
- Open the DRmare Spotify Music Converter once installed. And then head to the pop-up Spotify app. Here you can find the soundtracks you like to convert from Spotify. Then drag the target track to the main screen of DRmare Music Converter. Or copy the link to the track and paste it to the search bar on DRmare. And then touch the plus icon.
- Step 2Alter Spotify audio format
- Find the menu icon on DRmare Spotify Music Converter and click on it. Then choose the 'Preferences' option and it will open a new window. In this window, you can start to alter the audio format, and other output parameters. After the settings, click on the 'OK' button to apply.
- Step 3Download Spotify audio tracks
- Touch the 'Convert' button to convert Spotify music. After that, the Spotify songs are downloaded as local files. You can head to the 'history' icon to find them on your computer. At last, you can go on to change Spotify playback speed on your desired platform.
- Step 4Adjust playback speed Spotify
- There are many platforms that you can use to adjust playback speed for Spotify songs. Here we will show you how to get Spotify increase playback speed with VLC media player.
- Transfer the local Spotify music to VLC media player. Then play the songs and go to the 'Playback' option. And then choose 'Speed' to select the playback speed for Spotify music.
- If you want to change Spotify playback speed iPhone/Android, you can move the local Spotify songs to your mobile phones. And then you can use some third-party tool with speed changer to adjust the playback speed for Spotify music.
Part 4. The Verdict
Above are the tips for you to change playback speed on Spotify podcast and songs. You can follow the steps in this post to start to adjust Spotify playback speed on Spotify app and Spotify Web Player. Also, if you want to decrease or increase playback speed Spotify on other devices, then you can use the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to help you. With it, you will get local Spotify songs and move them to the device you want. And then you can easily change playback speed for your Spotify songs.