How to download music to Windows Media Player from Spotify? Many people would ask such a question and wonder to know the answer. In fact, it is not a hard task as long as you have the right tool. So, which tool can help to get Spotify to Windows Media Player?
In this article, you will get the best way on how to transfer music from Spotify to Windows Media Player. After then, you will get Spotify Windows Media Player to work with ease. Now, let's start.
Part 1. Can You Download Music from Spotify to Windows Media Player
With the Spotify Premium account, you can download music from Spotify. And then you can put Spotify music on Windows Media Player for use. Yet, Spotify free users can't do that.
Windows Media Player is a well-known media player and library manager. And it is bundled with Microsoft computers. It can play all kinds of digital media files. Also, it offers the organizational tools to manage your music, videos by type, or purpose. Besides, it integrates the simplest media sharing feature. With it, users can stream your media files to other DLNA compatible devices on your network.
But, the Spotify songs you downloaded is the cache files, not the local files. So, you can't use them on Windows Media Player. Besides, Windows Media Player can only support WAV, FLAC, MP3, M4A and AAC audio formats. While Spotify music is in Ogg Vorbis. Thus, you still can't add Spotify music to Windows Media Player for use.
Part 2. How to Download Music to Windows Media Player from Spotify - Tool Required
So, how to download music from Spotify to Windows Media Player? Here in this part, you will get a powerful tool to help you.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is a well-crafted tool for Spotify music lovers. The highlight feature of it is to do Spotify format conversion and music download. It empowers users the ability to download music from Spotify to computer. This music converter for Spotify can convert Spotify music to common audio formats. We know that Windows Media Player is compatible with FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and MP3. This tool can convert Spotify files to all WMP-supported formats.
Besides, it can maintain the best listening experience with Spotify music as it keeps the original quality of Spotify songs. Also, if you want to change the sample rate and else, you can do that in this tool. With this Spotify to WMP converter, it's easy to get Windows Media Player Spotify to work.
Best Spotify Playlist Converter for Windows
- So easy to use no matter if you are a green user or experienced technician
- Export Spotify tracks at a 5X faster speed within a few clicks
- Convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, M4A, and WAV for WMP or other players
- Keep lossless quality, ID3 tag info, metadata, and archive music by artist/album
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs to Windows Media Player
Download music from Spotify to Windows Media Player is easy to operate. Now, we will take the converter for Windows as an example to show you how to download music from Spotify to Windows Media Player.
Note: You can download DRmare Spotify Music Converter to evaluate it out by yourself for free. The trial version work the same as the paid version. The only difference is the output file length is limited to 1 minute for each song. To get the full song, you need to purchase the DRmare program.
- Step 1 Load Spotify playlists for WMP to DRmare
- Open the installed DRmare Spotify Music Converter and go to the pop-up Spotify app. Then head to get the link of the Spotify tracks and copy it. And then press the "+" button on the DRmare software after you put the link to the search bar. Else, you can drag and drop the songs from Spotify to the DRmare software main interface.
- Step 2Choose the right output format for Spotify to Windows Media Player
- Windows Media Player supports lots of audio formats. WAV, also called Windows wave form file is the real lossless format. It works well with Windows Media Player on PC and has no compression. We'd recommend you select it if you have big enough space on your local hard drive. Else, you can also choose MP3 as the target one. It is the most universal format with high quality compared to other files with the same size.
- By the way, you can reset the audio channel, sample rare, bit rate, and more as you want. Then you will get a better listening experience with Spotify music on Windows Media Player.
- Step 3Download music to Windows Media Player from Spotify
- After that, you can check to make sure every setting is customized as you want. And press the "Convert" button to convert Spotify playlist to Windows Media Player on your computer. After conversion, you will know how to put Spotify music on Windows Media Player.
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to Windows Media Player
With DRmare Spotify Converter, you got the local Spotify music files on your computer. Now, let's see how to add Spotify songs to Windows Media Player for use. Please follow the detailed steps.
Step 1. Launch the Windows Media Player and you will see its main screen.
Step 2. Click "Organize" from the menu and select "Manage Libraries" > "Music".
Step 3. Select "Add", it will pop up a window for you to browse the converted Spotify music files. It may take a few seconds.
Step 4. Choose the folder with local Spotify music. Then Spotify songs will be added into Windows Media Player. Now, you can play Spotify music on WMP offline.
The video below offers a clear guide on how to import Spotify songs to Windows Media Player. You can follow it for help.
Part 5. Benefits of Spotify Windows Media Player
With a Spotify Premium account, it is convenient to enjoy music. But you can't keep Spotify songs on your local storage device. When you cancel its subscription, you may lose your favorite playlists. Also, all the Spotify playlists are limited to play within the Spotify app. You can't move them elsewhere, including Windows Media Player.
But if you download Spotify to Windows Media Player by DRmare Music Converter, things could be different. You can get lots of benefits. Please check them out as below.
- You can keep Spotify music on WMP forever.
- You can stream Spotify music to Xbox, Sony PlayStation 4, Plex, and more through WMP.
- You can manage your Spotify music in the way you like.
- You can use Windows Media Player to burn a CD from Spotify.
- You can listen to Spotify songs offline on devices that support WMP even without Spotify Premium.
Extra Tips: How to Import Windows Media Player Playlist to Spotify
If you want to add playlist from Windows Media Player to Spotify for listening, then you can check this part. Here we will show you how to import Windows Media Player playlist to Spotify step by step.
Step 1. Go to the Spotify app on your computer.
Step 2. Find the Settings section and scroll down to 'Local Files'.
Step 3. Then you can go to choose the source you want to add music to Spotify.
Step 4. Choose 'ADD A SOURCE' to select the folder that saved the Windows Media Player playlist.
After that, you will get playlist on Windows Media Player to Spotify for use.
How to add music to Windows Media Player from Spotify? Now, in this post, you got the best way to make Spotify Windows Media Player to work. With the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader, you can download Spotify songs to Windows Media Player supported audio files with ease. And you can save the music with original audio qualify on your computer. Then you can transfer music from Spotify to Windows Media Player for listening offline.