A podcast is an audio file that enables users to enjoy and download. Podcasting is a type of digital broadcasting technology. It records Internet broadcasts or similar network audio programs. You can download online broadcast programs to your iPod, MP3 player or other portable digital audio players, and listen to them without having to sit in front of the computer. More meaningfully, you can also make your own sound program and upload it online to share with the majority of other participants.
With such power the podcast has, it may certainly attract your attention and drive you to use it. Sometimes you maybe want to download some of them for playing in your spare time. Yet some podcast tracks are encoded in special formats.. As a result, they can not be saved for offline playback.
So is there a way on how to record a podcast on a Mac or Window for offline listening? In this post, I will show you the best way to record a live podcast.
Part 1. Best Software to Record a Podcast
Designed with the innovative audio recording technology, DRmare Audio Capture can grab any audio clip from almost all applications on the computer (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, iTunes), and from streaming music websites. It can also capture any sound from the computer and record online audio files simultaneously.
Podcasts provide users a way to relax. As a robust tool, DRmare Audio Capture is functional enough to record the audio from podcasts and save them for your requirements.
You can convert the podcasts to common audio formats including MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAC, and FLAC. In the process, you are able to edit the ID3 tags and parameters by yourself. In the end, you are allowed to get the downloaded podcasts for playing on your computer or any other players.
DRmare Audio Capture
Part 2. How to Record a Live Podcast
If you are a music lover or a person who likes to access the podcast for entertainment, you maybe can't wait to know about how to record a live podcast. Here I will show you the best program to record podcasts right now.
- Step 1Install and Launch the DRmare Audio Capture
- Hit the "Download" button on the website. Hence the DRmare Audio Capture will be installed. Open it, you will see a clear interface. There are some icons of software on it, such as iTunes, Google Chrome, Spotify, etc. Since you want to record a podcast on a PC, please ensure that you have installed the programs where your favorite podcasts lie If the software is not in the interface, please tag the "+" icon to let it in.
- Step 2Customize the Output Podcast Settings
- Find the "Preference" button on the top-right of the software window, you can reset the output holder individually. A command after the conversion finishes could be made. Hit the icon on the left of the interface, you can personalize the output formats from the six ones, and set the parameters including the channel, codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Start to Record A Podcast
- If you have selected the podcasts you plan to record on iTunes, Spotify, Tidal or other apps, just play the podcasts. Then the DRmare Audio Capture will automatically rip the audio at the same time. When the podcasts stop to play, the DRmare tool will make the conversion an end.
- Step 4Edit the Converted Audio Files
- In case that all the conversion goes to an end, please touch on the icon "Stop". Furthermore, you have the right to trim the converted audio files as you like. You can also manually edit the ID3 tags of the audio like genre, year, album, composer, artist, title, cover, etc.
- Step 5Save the Podcast Audio Tracks
- Now you can store all the converted podcast audio files by clicking the "Save" button. After that, you are enabled to stream the podcast audio tracks offline on your portable devices anytime.
Part 3. In Conclusion
As you can see from the above, it is available for you to record a podcast on your computer with the DRmare Audio Capture. Generally speaking, DRmare Audio Capture helps to capture audio from podcasts and record them while they are playing. It is easy for you to convert them to common audio formats like MP3 so that you can play them on your favorite device offline anytime.