How to Save iTunes Movies to WD My Cloud [Solved]
Q: Since I, my wife and daughter all own iDevices, our family iMac is drastically running out of the storage space. In order to free iMac storage, I have purchased a WD My Cloud with the idea of moving all digital media files purchased and rented from iTunes store and iPhoto libraries to this hard drive. However, when I backup iTunes movies and TV shows to this external hard drive, it seems that I’m doing something wrong. Will the external hard drives supported iTunes videos include My Cloud? Anyone knows a workaround to save iTunes videos to WD My Cloud easily?
Part 1. What You Should Do before Syncing iTunes Movies to WD My Cloud
Generally speaking, choosing an external hard drive to backup iTunes videos is the first choice, which can avoid swallowing hard disk space of your computer by the growth of iTunes library gradually. But the most important point you should pay attention is that most of external hard drive, including WD My Cloud can’t recognize iTunes movies and TV shows directly due to FairPlay DRM copyright technology that aims to stopping piracy and authorized sharing to protect the benefit of authors and publishers. Plus, Apple use M4V contain format to encode video files purchased from iTunes. Although M4V files is similar to MP4 videos, DRM protected iTunes movies and TV shows can be only synced and uploaded to the select devices and media players with iTunes-linked authorized account. Obviously, WD My Cloud is not capable of supporting DRM-locked M4V iTunes files directly. Fortunately, there is an effective approach to help you save iTunes DRM M4V movies to My Cloud. The prerequisite for it is that you should equip with a computer as well as a third-party iTunes DRM M4V converter.
Part 2.Best iTunes DRM Removal Software to Upload iTunes Videos to My Cloud
From what we mentioned above, it's an easy task to get a computer. But you might get trouble in choosing the best one from several professional iTunes DRM removal tools. Here, I high recommend DRmare M4V Converter for Mac/Windows, an all-in-one and excellent video converter, which can not only remove DRM protection from both iTunes purchases and rentals, but also convert DRM-ed M4V files to MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, MPEG, WMV, etc without touching original files. That’s to say, all audio tracks and subtitles, even including AC3 Dobly 5.1 surround tracks and closed captions can be preserved in converted iTunes movies and TV shows. If you are not sure whether DRmare M4V Converter can meet your particular demand, the recommended solution is to download and install the free trial version to test its performance before purchasing.
DRmare iTunes to My Cloud Video Converter
- Bypass DRM from iTunes protected M4V. After that, there won't be any limitation
- Convert M4V videos to MP4 format and other formats at a 30X faster speed
- Retain 100% original audio quality such as the tracks, subtitles, AC3 5.1 audio tracks
- Support to convert iTunes videos to various mobile devices and media players
Part 3.Quick Guide on Removing DRM from iTunes Videos for My Cloud
With the clean and easy-to-use interface, you can covert iTunes DRM files to DRM-free videos compatible with WD My Cloud with least efforts. In general, you can get this goal with 3 simple steps.
- Step 1Import iTunes protected videos to DRmare software
- When you open the DRmare M4V Converter, you will see the prompt info in the main interface. You can directly drag and drop downloaded iTunes movies and TV shows to the prompt field. Or you can click the "Add Files" option to choose favorite iTunes videos from iTunes library.
- Step 2Set output format for WD My Cloud
- Since WD My Cloud can support several video types, like MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPEG, AVI, and more, you can touch the "Format" tab to open a new window, in which you can see different audio and video formats. Just choose the wanted one as the output format for My Cloud. In this step, you can also personalize the output parameters, like bit rate, video size, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert iTunes M4V videos
- Please click the "Convert" button to launch the conversion process, and DRmare M4V Converter will start to remove DRM protection from uploaded iTunes purchases and rentals and convert iTunes DRM M4V to the other format you set before automatically. The conversion process depends on how many iTunes files you imported. Generally speaking, it can work at 30X faster speed while converting iTunes videos.
- Step 4Backup DRM-free iTunes movies to WD My Cloud
- Once the converting process finishes, you can find out unprotected iTunes movies and TV shows on destination folder. And now, you can backup them from computer to WD My Cloud with the same WiFi connection as the common video files. Once you have save iTunes purchases and rentals on My Cloud, you can access to media files on WD My Cloud via the My Cloud Home app freely.
Part 4. Main Features of the Latest My Cloud - My Cloud Home
My Cloud Home is the place to collect your media files, like photos, music and videos, where you can have full control over all digital files and access to them anywhere anytime.
1. You can quickly and easily set up My Cloud Home
2. Automatically backup photos and videos in phone
3. Export photos and videos fast via USB port
4. Transfer media files from older My Cloud to it with ease
5. Access to saved media files on My Cloud Home via mobile devices