"How to convert iTunes DRM protected M4V videos to MP4?" Before learning how, we need to know why we need to do that. You may want to back up your purchased iTunes movies. Or you want to play iTunes M4V videos on the devices you want. No matter what, you need to find solutions to rip iTunes movies to MP4.
To convert iTunes M4V to MP4 is not an easy job. That's because iTunes video files are protected. But you can use the professional iTunes M4V to MP4 DRM removal to fix the issue.
In this post, we will introduce how to convert iTunes movies to MP4. You can get two powerful iTunes movie converter to make it. Now, follow the guide below and see how to do that.
Part 1. Why You Need to Convert iTunes M4V to MP4
"How can you convert iTunes movie to MP4?" You may want to convert iTunes movies to MP4 online free. Yet, it is not easy to convert iTunes video to MP4 via a free M4V to MP4 converter online. As one kind of Apple digital media file, iTunes videos all come with FairPlay digital right protection. This copyright protection prevents iTunes M4V videos from being used on non-Apple devices.
So, a common M4V to MP4 converter won't work for iTunes M4V videos. For an iTunes-protected M4V video, you need to take a new way to record and save the video to a new MP4 format. Or get a professional iTunes DRM M4V to MP4 converter to remove protection first before you can convert DRM M4V to MP4.
Part 2. How to Convert iTunes Movies to MP4 - DRmare M4V Converter
To convert iTunes M4V to MP4, we highly recommended DRmare M4V Converter. It is a one-stop solution to help users remove limitations from iTunes videos. And it can convert DRM-protected M4V to MP4 at a 30X faster speed.
Besides, it can convert DRM M4V to MP4 without causing any damage to the quality. Also, all the ID3 tags, subtitles and audio tracks will be retained as the original. And you can edit and trim the video file within the DRmare program before converting.
With the support of batch conversion, you can convert a list of iTunes videos in a short time. Then you can save your time to do the conversion job.
DRmare iTunes M4V to MP4 Converter
How to Convert iTunes Movie to MP4 by DRmare iTunes to MP4 Converter
DRmare M4V Video Converter offers free versions for both PC and Mac. So, you can download the right version you want to try out for yourself. Here we will use the Windows version to show you how to convert iTunes movies to MP4 free in three steps.
- Step 1Import your encrypted iTunes videos to DRmare
- Open the DRmare iTunes Video Converter. Then you can click 'Add Files' button from the bottom left to open a window. You will see all the protected videos which are in your iTunes library. And you can select the files you want to convert and press 'ok'. Another way to load the videos is to drag & drop the files from iTunes library to DRmare.
- Step 2Specify the output format of iTunes movies to MP4
- On the bottom right corner of the software, there is a format option. Please click on it and then you will get the Format Setting window. Then you can choose MP4 to alter the format of iTunes movie to MP4. Also, you can trim the video clip to the part you want to convert. You can do that by the 'edit' icon on each video click. You can also add effect, subtitle and so on for your video file.
- Step 3Start to convert iTunes movies to MP4
- After all settings are done, you can click the conversion button. Then DRmare will convert the videos and remove limitation in a fast speed. What's more, the software supports batch conversions. It only takes minutes to convert couples of iTunes video files.
- Video Demo How to Convert iTunes Movies to MP4
- Watch the following video and learn how to use DRmare M4V Converter to convert iTunes M4V to MP4 with ease.
Part 3. How to Convert iTunes M4V to MP4 via ViWizard M4V Converter
In this part, we will show another tool to help you convert iTunes movies to MP4. It is ViWizard M4V Converter. This tool can convert all videos to common video files. And it can work at a 30X faster speed with original quality kept. Now, let's see how to use it to convert iTunes M4V to MP4.
Step 1. Download and install the ViWizard M4V Converter onto your computer.
Step 2. Launch the ViWizard program from your computer. Then click on the 'add files' button to load iTunes M4V movies into it.
Step 3. Click on the 'Format' section from the bottom left on ViWizard. It will show you the Format Setting window. Then you can start to set to convert iTunes movies to MP4. Or you can choose other video formats for your iTunes videos as you want.
Step 4. You can also go to the 'edit' icon next to the video title to customize the video. You can trim, add watermarks and more for the video clip before converting.
Step 5. Press on the 'Convert' button to begin to convert iTunes M4V to MP4. After that, go to the 'Converted' menu to find the converted iTunes videos on your computer.
Part 4. FAQs about iTunes M4V to MP4
1. What's Difference between MP4 vs M4V?
MP4 represents the MPEG4 video. It is one of the most popular video formats nowadays. With the best compatibility, almost every mobile device can play MP4 without any problem. That is why MP4 videos are wildly used everywhere.
Yet, things are completely different for another similar format - M4V. It is an iTunes container file that has the same MPEG4 codec. The common M4V files can be playable on M4V compatible video players and devices. Yet, iTunes M4V files can only be played on Apple devices or players.
This is why there are times we want to convert iTunes DRM-protected M4V videos to MP4 files. Because of it, we can play iTunes videos on non-Apple devices, share iTunes movies with friends, and so on.
By converting the videos from M4V to MP4, we can get better use of the videos in our daily life.
2. Can I Convert iTunes M4V to MP4 via Requiem?
Requiem should be the best free tool to remove DRM from videos and songs on iTunes. Yet, Requiem hasn't been updated since 2012. And it can support iTunes 10.7 or earlier only. Besides, it can't work with macOS X 10.8 and above. So, you are not able to convert iTunes movies to MP4.
3. Can Handbrake Convert iTunes Movie to MP4?
Handbrake is a free and cross-platform video converter. It can convert DRM-free iTunes video to MP4. It can't convert DRM iTunes M4V to MP4.
4. Can VLC Media Player Convert iTunes M4V to MP4?
VLC Media Player is a popular video player on Mac. It also can convert videos. It can convert M4V to MP4 and other formats. But for iTunes-protected M4V videos, it can't work with them.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Now in this post, you know how to convert iTunes movies to MP4. DRmare M4V Converter is special to convert both unprotected iTunes M4V videos and protected iTunes M4V to MP4.
With the most advanced technology, it can unlock encryption at a 30X unprecedented fast speed. It also supports batch conversion. So, you can convert iTunes movie to MP4 within several clicks at the same time. This is particularly useful if you have lots of iTunes movies. When the conversion is done, you can get the converted iTunes MP4 files to play anywhere.