iTunes is one of the most popular video sources today. It offer films, TV shows from different genres like kids&family, comedy, action&adventure, classics, documentary, drama, sci-fi&fantasy, thriller and much more. If you enjoy watching iTunes movies, you may find that there are multiple interesting chapters or scenes which will make you smile or scare or cry etc. Have you ever thought of saving such kinds of iTunes scenes so that to share with your friends via chatting tools, blogs or Facebook? And what is the best way to do that?
Personally, I think it is inconvenient to copy and share the link or the entire video file directly. If you also like to do this, we'd glad to share another way to cut iTunes M4V movies into small pieces with ease.
Part 1. Superb Video Cutter for iTunes M4V
When it comes to splitting M4V files, some users may recommend the tools such as Final Cut Pro on Mac, Windows Movie Maker on Windows or any other free M4V cutters online. But you may have already known the problem that the iTunes movies can't be imported or edited due to the FairPlay digital rights managements protection. Actually, there is few software supports to convert DRM movies let alone editing them.
But don't worry, after trying multiple DRM removal programs in the market, I finally find one which works perfectly for me. DRM iTunes M4V Trimmer for Mac/Windows adopts the the same lossless DRM decryption like the previous free Requiem, so you won't have problems loading any DRM protected M4V videos the output quality won't be affected. Besides, it is the first software which is integrated with abundant editing and converting features in its category.
DRmare iTunes M4V Movie Splitter
Part 2. Steps to Cut DRM M4V into Small Segments
The common ways to edit iTunes movies is by removing DRM first. Generally you need to go through more than 1 tool to get the job done. DRmare M4V Converter simply this process to let you do that straightforwardly just like other standard M4V files without DRM protection.
- Step 1Import Apple M4V files
- DRmare application work together with iTunes, please make sure you have already downloaded and authorized the iTunes movies to play well first and then you can drag and drop to import the M4V you want to the DRmare software main screen. If you have dozens of files, it is highly recommended you to click the "Add Files" button from the bottom left and then browse your media files directly.
- Step 2Trim iTunes movie
- Beside the movie you imported, there is an "editing" icon, please simply click it to open the editing window. You can use the markers to select the beginning and end then click "OK". Besides, to make your film more attractive, you can also adjust the parameters, add effects/watermarks/subtitles/audio tracks and so on.
- Step 3Customize other parameters(optional)
- You can also select other parameters for your videos such as choosing the output format and folder. Unless you have special requirements for a special device or software, lossless MP4 format will simply work well on most scenarios. As for the output folder, you can select any local folder you want.
- Step 4Export iTunes M4V
- Finally, you can click "Convert" to remove DRM protection from iTunes movies and cut them into parts you have selected. The processes are combined together with up to 20X faster speed.
- Video Tutorial
- Wanna learn the tips in an easier way? Watch this video demo:
Part 3. FAQs
So you have learn the tutorial to help you split large iTunes M4V files to small pieces. This is by far the easiest way I have found. DRmare M4V Cutter has many tools to edit your files. However, sometimes you may still want to use other third-party editors to decorate your videos. Following are the frequently asked questions maybe helpful.
Q1: Can I import iTunes M4V to iMovie on Mac?
A1: Yes, you can. But you have to use a DRM converter to help you get rid of the DRM protection first.
Q2: How to remove DRM from iTunes movies?
A2: You can use the third party video recorders or converters from TunesKit, Aimersoft, NoteBurner etc. But if you want to do that without recording, you'd better use the lossless DRmare M4V Converter.
Q3: Is it possible to spit an iTunes video on my iPhone?
A3: No, you can't. iTunes videos are hidden on iPhone, to edit them, you'd better transfer the purchases back to your computer.
Do you have any other questions? Just let's know on the comment sections below.