Part 1. Main Features of Shotcut
As a free video editing software, Shotcut has surprisingly powerful features of which most only exist on prosumer level editing suite. By clicking on the menus or buttons listed on the main screen of Shotcut, you will see numerous views and UI elements. Following is a list of the top features.
1. Supports many audio and video formats and codecs like FFmpeg as well as photos and image sequences.
2. Create, edit, play, load, encode, save and stream MLT XML projects with Auto-save feature.
3. Audio, video and screen capture, batch creates and combines resources easily into one project.
4. Supports a lot of video filters such as the Alpha Channel, Blur, Chroma Key, Color Grading, Diffusion, Crop, Invert Colors, Glow, Mirror, Key Spill, Old Film and so on.
5. Supports multiple audio filters like Bass & Treble, Balance, Band Pass, Copy Channel, Compressor, Gain, High Pass, Delay, Low Pass, Pan, Reverb, Swap Channels.
6. Append, insert, overwrite, lift and delete editing on the timeline.
7. Built-in the transitions fade in and fade out, cross-fade, video wipe for audios and videos.
8. Export video to HEVC, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, OGV, RM, MXF, MD5, PSP and much more.