"How to add music to Premiere Pro from Spotify?" Most people may like to add soundtracks to their videos. We know that a video with background music will make the video look more vivid and wonderful. When it comes to editing video, Adobe Premiere Pro should be the best choice for most people. And for music, Spotify is one of the popular music streaming services. But how to add Spotify music to Premiere Pro? In this post, we will guide you on how to make it step by step. You can get started with the steps below now.
Part 1. Can You Add Music from Spotify to Premiere Pro?
Premiere Pro is a famous video editing program. It is designed for TV, film and the web. It has lots of features and an unrivaled system of working tools. With it, users can add sound, effects, text and more for their video project. Besides, it supports MP3, AAC, WAV, and more audio formats.
|Premiere Pro Supported Audio Formats
|AAC, WAV, OMF, M4A, MP3
|Premiere Pro Supported Video Formats
|AVI, HEIF, VOB, MP4, GIF, M4V, MOV
|Spotify Audio Formats
Yet, music from Spotify is in OGG Vorbis format. And the files are protected, which can't be used on other platforms. So, you can't use Spotify music on Premiere Pro. But if you still want to do that, you need to change its audio format. If so, you will need a third-party tool like a Spotify music converter to help you.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify to Premiere Pro - Best Tool
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is a powerful tool for you to get Spotify music for Premiere Pro. It can help get rid of DRM protection from Spotify. And it also can convert Spotify to MP3 and other audio formats with lossless quality. So, you don't need to worry about the output audio quality.
What's more, the ID3 tags and metadata will be kept well during converting. And then you can easily sort the songs on your computer. With this tool, you can also set other audio parameters for Spotify songs. You can reset the sample rate, audio channel and more. Also, you can define the place to save the converted Spotify music files on your computer. Moreover, you can download Spotify songs without Premium. That is to say, all Spotify users can use this tool to download Spotify music. After that, Spotify songs will be stored on your computer as common audio files. Then you can head to move and add them to Premiere Pro as BGM.
DRmare provides the free trial version for you. If you are interested in it, hurry to download it. And then follow the instructions in the next part to try it out.
DRmare Music Converter for Spotify
Part 3. How to Download and Convert Spotify Music for Premiere Pro
In this part, you will learn how to convert and download Spotify music for Adobe Premiere Pro. To do that, you will need to download and install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. There are Windows and Mac versions for you. You can choose the right one according to your computer.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists to DRmare
- Once you download and install DRmare Spotify Converter, please launch it. And your Spotify app will launch at the same time. Next, you could drag and drop the Spotify music tracks you want to convert into the DRmare converter. Or you can copy the link from Spotify. And then paste it into the search box on DRmare and click "+" to upload the music.
- Step 2Choose output format for Spotify to Premiere Pro
- As the output formats, we offer MP3, AAC, FLAC and other common formats. And here we suggest you choose and change OGG Vorbis from Spotify to MP3 format. We all know that MP3 is a universal format and has good compatibility. Also, you can customize the bit rate and select the destination folder for the output Spotify music. To do that, you need to open the setting window via the 'Preferences' from the menu bar.
- Step 3Download and save Spotify music for Premiere Pro
- After that, you could click the "Convert" button to start the process. Then the program will convert and download Spotify music to computer. Once the converting process finishes, you could click the "Converted" icon to check them.
Part 4. How to Import Music from Spotify to Premiere Pro
Now you had got the DRM-free Spotify music. Then follow the steps below to learn how to use Spotify music in Premiere Pro.
Step 1. Open the Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer.
Step 2. Import and open your video project to add Spotify music in it.
Step 3. Choose the 'Audio' option at the top of the Premiere Pro screen. Then the Audio workspace will launch. Or hit 'Windows' > 'Workspace' > 'Audio'. And then work as 'Windows' > 'Media Browser' to set up the Media Browser panel.
Step 4. Under the Media Browser section, you can find the converted Spotify music files on your computer. For Windows, right-click, or for macOS, Control-click at the target folder. And then choose 'Import' to add and put Spotify music into Premiere Pro's Project panel.
Step 5. Select 'Window' > 'Project' to launch the Project panel. Then double-click on the added audio files to preview them.
Step 6. Drag the audio track to the sequence in the Timeline panel. Then you can start to trim and edit the soundtrack.
Part 5. The Verdict
From this post, you'd learned how to add music from Spotify to Premiere Pro. With DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you could remove the strict protection from Spotify music and save audio as local files. Also, you can keep Spotify audio files with the original quality and different audio formats. And then you can enjoy and use them anywhere freely without any limits.