How to Add Spotify Music to Video
" I wanna know if it is possible to add Spotify music to video as the background music? Last month I had a wonderful trip outside with my family. We took a lot of photos and video clips. I'd like to create a slideshow movie on iMovie from my iPhone and share it on Instagram. Thank you very much for any help.“
Undoubtedly, to add Spotify music to Instagram video makes your video more special and wonderful. Among all the music services in the market, Spotify is one of your best sources to get your favorite song. It is not only free but also offers plenty of track selections, music discovery features.
Do you want to find out how to add Spotify music to video app? If so, please just look at this post.
Part 1. Can I Add Music to Video from Spotify
Usually all streaming music today can't be played outside the specific applications. Spotify is not an exception. Even if the premium subscribers, they can only cache OGG Vorbis on local devices. However, the OGG Vorbis format is protected, and that is why it is impossible to move them elsewhere.
You are not alone in this case. I have found many users got a similar issue from the Spotify community. If you want an unprotected track, you can buy it from another source such as iTunes. Or try the free music selection from Last.fm etc. to see if you can find it. But it will cost you a lot of money and time if you need many songs.
To help you remove the protection from Spotify tracks, DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the best way. With the well-designed features, you can convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, and many other common formats. And you don't need to sacrifice any converting speed or audio quality. All the info including the ID3 tags, metadata will be kept in batch.
With the help of this smart tool, you can download all kinds of Spotify songs, including classical, jazz, hip-hop, etc. for offline playback.
DRmare Spotify Song Decryptor
- Convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC, WAV, etc.
- Batch convert hundreds of Spotify songs at a 5X faster speed
- Transfer Spotify songs to any players and devices without hassles
- Keep the ID3 tag info, metadata, album cover, etc. and archive the converted files
Part 2. Download and Add Music from Spotify to Video
DRmare software supports downloading the Spotify songs to local without OGG protection. In this way, you can transfer them to any editing apps that use Spotify. Or, you can use your video maker with Spotify music on mobile devices.
The trial version works well with Windows and Mac systems with the latest version Spotify app installed. If you are interested in it, why not download and try it out by yourself? It is totally free, you won't lose anything.
- Step 1Drag and drop Spotify songs/playlists
- DRmare software depends on the Spotify app to work. When you run DRmare, you should see the Spotify launches automatically and you just need to drag and drop the tracks you want to the DRmare converter main interface. Or if you have already got the link of the songs, you can also click "+" button to add through the URL directly.
- Step 2Adjust output file format
- Depending on the video apps where you want to use the Spotify music, the formats may vary. Take iMovie for example, it supports MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF and AAC. In case you don't know what formats are supported on your video editor, you can choose MP3 which is an universal format.
- Step 3Save Spotify tracks to local device
- After that, you can click "Convert" to start the converting process. Generally it won't be long to get your songs for its 5X batch converting speed. But to make it run more smoothly, please disable all your antivirus and firewall. And please don't use any proxy settings on your network either.
Part 3. How to Add Music to Video App from Spotify
Now after converting Spotify to MP3, you can use the free Spotify tracks for any purposes. There are many free video apps with Spotify music such as Windows Movie Maker, GoPro Studio, iMovie, Lightworks, InShot, PowerDirector.
The instruction to add Spotify music to video is similar. Whether you are using Windows, Mac, Android phones, iPhone and other iOS devices. As an Apple fan, here I'd like to take iMovie version for an example to show you how to add Spotify music to iMovie.
Step 1. Launch iMovie from your computer or iPhone to open your project. If you haven't created a project, you can also click "Create New" menu to create a new one.
Step 2. You can add clips or photos from events or your Photos library. And then you can adjust the order of the files on the timeline and split/cut the video files.
Step 3. Import the converted Spotify audio files to iTunes. After that, you can click "Audio" menu from iMovie > select "iTunes" from the sidebar > Browse to find the Spotify music you want and then adjust it on the timeline.
To find out how does it work in an easier way, you can also visit this quick video tutorial:
That is it. So easy, right? To create a masterpiece, you need to edit the videos and audios carefully. If you encounter any other technical issue, you can feel free to let's know on the comment section below, we will do our best to help you anytime.