Premiere Pro is a video editing software developed by Adobe. It allows users to edit videos, add effects, create graphics, and more. It provides many powerful functions and tools so many professionals use it. With Premiere Pro, you can create high-quality video on demand. You can also import audio files into it to edit videos. And here in this post, we will show you how to add Apple Music to Premiere Pro.
Part 1. How to Add Music to Premiere Pro from Apple Music - Best Tool
How to put Apple Music into Premiere Pro? Before we show you how to do that, you can first look at the table below.
|Platform||Supported Audio Format|
|Premiere Pro||MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF, etc.|
|Apple Music||Encoded M4P|
|DRmare Audio Converter||MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, FLAC, M4B|
As you can see above, if you buy music from the iTunes Store, its audio format is AAC. It's compatible with Premiere Pro, so you can add and use it directly in Premiere Pro. But if it is ordinary iTunes music or Apple Music, they have been added with copyright protection, and the audio format does not match Premiere Pro.
But don't worry, DRmare Audio Converter can convert Apple Music and iTunes music to audio files supported by Premiere Pro. It also works with Audible audiobooks and other popular audio files. It supports six audio formats including MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A, WAV, and FLAC.
With a clean user interface, it just requires several clicks to finish the conversion. Plus, it can batch convert Apple Music files at a fast 30X speed. By using it, you can save lots of your time. It won't touch any sound quality so you can get lossless Apple Music for Premiere Pro or any other platforms.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Part 2. How to Import Apple Music into Premiere Pro
You can follow the stepe below to convert protected Apple Music/iTunes songs and then add them to Premiere Pro. To begin with, please download and install DRmare Audio Converter on your computer. You can click on the "Download" button above or go to DRmare's official website.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music files to DRmare
- First, please make sure that you have downloaded Apple Music files and they can be played well in iTunes. After then, please open the DRmare Audio Converter program. Click on the 'Add Files' from the bottom-left corner to add Apple Music files from your iTunes library or your local folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop music files to DRmare's main interface.
- Step 2Change Apple Music output parameters for Premiere Pro
- Please hit on the 'Format' icon at the bottom right corner. Then a new window will pop up, in which you can set the output audio format for Apple Music files. In addition, you can adjust other audio parameters of Apple Music tracks as you like. To make Apple Music Premiere Pro work, you can reset the format to MP3, AAC, M4A, or WAV. The most standard formats are MP3 and WAV. Then click on 'OK'.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to unprotected files
- Now you can start to convert Apple Music tracks by clicking the big 'Convert' button. Then DRmare program will work for you at a 30X speed. After a while, the Apple Music files will be converted as popular audio files and saved to your computer. You could press the 'Output' button and it will guide you to the target folder. You can also click on the 'History' list to start playing Apple Music offline with any music player on your PC. Now you have got the compatible Apple audio files for Premiere Pro.
- Step 4Add Apple Music to Adobe Premiere Pro
- Open Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer. Then Hit the 'File' menu > 'Import' option to select your converted Apple Music files and click on 'Open'. (Alternatively, you can drag and drop the music files to your project panel directly.) Once added, you can easily use Apple Music as the background music for your Premiere projects.
Part 3. How to Use Apple Music in Premiere Pro
Once you've added Apple Music to your video on Premiere, it's time to edit it to enhance the overall production value of your video. In just a few simple steps below, you can easily make the necessary changes and have your project sounding just the way you want it to.
Step 1. Choose the 'Window' > 'Project' option and the added Apple Music file will be selected.
Step 2. Double-click the imported Apple Music file to open it in the 'Source' panel.
Step 3. Drag the Apple Music audio clip to the sequence in the 'Timeline' panel.
Step 4. Adjust the volume of the Apple track by selecting the audio clip and using the "Audio Gain" option in the "Effect Controls" panel.
Step 5. Fade the music in and out by adding audio transitions between the clips.
Step 6. Use the "Auto Ducking" feature to automatically lower the volume of the Apple song when someone is speaking in the video.
Part 4. How to Add Music in Premiere Pro from iTunes Purchases
Nowadays, all songs offered by the iTunes Store come without protection. These DRM-free songs, called iTunes Plus, have no usage restrictions and feature high-quality, 256 kbps AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) encoding. By following these steps, you can add music from iTunes to Premiere Pro to seamlessly integrate them into your edits.
Step 1. Launch Adobe Premiere Pro on your computer, create a new project or open an existing one where you want to add the iTunes music.
Step 2. In the Project panel, right-click in the empty space and select "Import" to import the purchased iTunes music file.
Step 3. Once imported, you can now drag and drop the iTunes music file from the Project panel onto the timeline or any other desired location in your project.
Step 4. Adjust the duration and position of the music file on the timeline as needed.
Step 5. Continue editing your project, adding other elements, effects, or transitions as desired.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Now you've learned how to add Apple Music to Premiere Pro with the best methods. You can import purchased iTunes music into Premiere Pro directly, which is a bit pricey. While with DRmare Apple Music Converter, you can easily convert Apple Music/iTunes music to Premiere Pro-compatible audio files. Then you can add them to Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing as you wish.