How to Transfer Spotify Music to Google Play
"After trying out both Spotify and Google Play Music, I found I am more inclined to Google Play Music. But I don't wanna give up all my downloaded Spotify playlists. Is there a way to transfer Spotify playlists to Google Play?" - Question from Quora
Nowadays streaming service has become a new way to enjoy music. All streaming services such as Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Amazon Prime all have a large music library songs as well as some specific features many users would appreciate. Of them, Google Play Music seems the best one because it allows users to store up to 50,000 of your own music. You can combine purchased music elsewhere. And as the search giant, Google use its advanced search algorithm to predict what you like to listen to during different time. What's more, you will get access to the new YouTube music service too if you subscribe to the premium service.
If you have subscribed to Spotify before but want to switch to Google Play Music, you can follow this wonderful tutorial to move Spotify playlist to Google Play Music with easy.
Part 1. Import Spotify Playlist to Google Play for Free
Many online free playlist converter such as Soundiiz, STAMP, Musconv, TunemyMusic can help. Generally they can export the Spotify as text file and then automatically generate the same playlist from the destination Google Play music.
Here I will take the tool Soundiiz to show you how does it work.
Step 1. Login Soundiiz website with Google, Facebook account or sign up a new account from scratch first.
Step 2. Choose the option "platform to platform" transfer option.
Step 3. Select your source service as "Spotify" and login with Spotify account and password.
Step 4. Select the destination as "Google Music", it will ask you to input an access code to login. Please make sure you have an active Google Play Music subscription.
Step 5. It may take a while to sync Spotify to Google Play Music, please just take a coffee and wait for it patiently.
Note: To make sure the tracks, playlists are transferred successfully, you need to make sure them are available on both music platform. Else they won't be transferred.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Songs for Google Play
Do you have any Spotify songs which you want to keep forever?
Unfortunately there is not an option for you to buy the songs. When you subscribe to the subscription, you only has the right to listen to the tracks online. Even if you can download them offline, they are limited to Spotify's ecosystem with DRM protection. If you cancel the membership, the songs will miss forever.
In addition, due to the songs are all contracted through artists and publishers. If the contraction is expired, the songs will be removed as well even if you has active membership.
In this case, you can download Spotify songs offline and then upload Spotify music to Google Play to store forever. Is it hard to do this?
Not really. Just let the DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Windows/Mac to help you. It has a pretty simple interface yet high performance and it can keep the original 320Kbps high quality songs and the converting speed can reach 5X, making it the best converting tool for Spotify in 2019. The trial version is totally free.
Main Features of DRmare Spotify Converter
- Convert Spotify OGG to offline MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC and so on
- Batch convert Spotify songs automatically, save your precious time and energy
- Remove DRM to move the Spotify songs to other platforms like Android, Google Play
- Customize and edit Spotify songs bit rate, sample rate, codec, channel
Now let's go ahead to extract the songs from Spotify server easily by DRmare software.
- Step 1Add Spotify playlist/album/tracks
- DRmare is specially designed for Spotify music. You can import all audio files from Spotify including podcasts, audiobooks, EDM songs, albums, playlists, songs and so on. Just drag & drop the items you want to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 2Pick up the right parameters
- If you are going to backup songs on Google Play, MP3 is best for its high audio quality and best compatibility. So please just keep the default MP3 profile. Besides, the MP3 will work perfectly if you want to play them on your local computer, portable speakers, MP3 players or any other hardware devices you have.
- Step 3Save Spotify songs offline
- After that, just tap the "Convert" button, it will turn to "Cancel" and start to encode your Spotify songs quickly one by one. Please don't do anything else on your computer as it may affect the converting process. In general, you will get all the MP3 songs on the output folder within a short while. Note: The trial version can only convert 1/3 of your songs. If you want full features, please buy a license to activate the software.
Part 3. Steps to Move Spotify to Google Music
Congratulations, you are almost done. Please just follow the steps to transfer Spotify songs to Google Play Music.
Step 1. Download and install the Google Play Music Manager. It works well on both Windows/Mac.
Step 2. Open Music Manager from the Finder of your Mac or from the Start menu of Windows.
Step 3. Sign in with your Google account.
Step 4. Click the top 3-Horizontal-line icon and then choose "Upload Music".
Step 5. You can click "Next" and then browse your computer to choose the converted Spotify MP3 songs to import.
By uploading Spotify to Google Play, they will be kept forever as well as listen to Spotify on Google Home, Chromecast, and any other compatible devices. And you don't need Spotify subscription anymore. This will help you save a lot of money in the long run.