"I had some songs from Spotify and wanted to listen to them on my Sony Walkman while doing sports. But when I did that I failed. Then I went to seek support from Sony and Spotify support team, however, they said it is impossible to get Song Walkman Spotify work currently. I am so sad about that. " - Asked by Thomas
When it comes to Sony Walkman, it could be regarded as the best portable music player for audiophiles. If you enjoy streaming music from Spotify on Walkman, perhaps you had encountered similar problem like Thomas. But please don't worry. Here I'd glad to explore the reasons and the best solution for you to play Spotify on Sony Walkman. Just follow the post below and get started.
Part 1. What's Sony Walkman and Spotify
Sony Walkman is a portable media player that allows people to enjoy the music they like on the go. The Sony Walkman is easy to carry and has an impressive life. Besides, it has an intuitive touching screen for music playback control. And with a large Storage Capacity, Sony Walkman can save thousands of audio tracks for listening. With such powerful features, Sony Walkman is really a nice choice for people to listen to music on the go.
Spotify is one of the most popular commercial music streaming services in the market. It offers millions of tracks for users to listen for free. And Spotify premium users can download and stream the music offline. Here you could imagine that listening to Spotify on Sony Walkman offline would be a wonderful thing. But when you go to do that, you will find that you can't get them work. Why? At the next part, we willl show you the reasons.
Part 2. Why Sony Walkman Spotify Can't Work
For the reasons why can't use Sony Walkman with Spotify, here we will list some reasons for you.
First, there is no Sony Walkman Spotify integration. And Sony Walkman is not an internet-connected device to run an app like Spotify app.
Second, most Sony Walkman devices only work with the audio formats like MP3, WMA and common AAC audio files. However, Spotify audio files are the Ogg Vorbis format with DRM protection.
Third, due to the DRM protection, even though you can download Spotify offline, you still can't use them on Sony Walkman.
So, is there any solution on how to get Sony Walkman Spotify work? Sure. Just check out the best solution below.
Part 3. Solution to Move Spotify to Sony Walkman
Since we had known the reasons of why can't play Spotify on Sony Walkman, now let's see the solution on how to do that.
In order to use Sony Walkman with Spotify, we need to rip DRM from Spotify first and convert them to Sony Walkman supported formats or other plain formats you like. Then you can keep them as local files on your computer for moving to Sony Walkman.
DRmare Sony Walkman Spotify Converter for Mac/Windows is a comprehensive software which provides one stop solution to download Spotify to your local computer. You can get the Spotify music converted in a faster speed and with original quality kept. Besides, you can customize the bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc. of Spotify to get better listening experience on Sony Walkman. Technically you just need to throw your music at it, DRmare will do the remaining job for you.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Clean, simple and friendly interface, save any troubles for new beginners
- Batch download Spotify playlists, tracks, albums with up to 5X speed
- Losslessly convert Spotify OGG files to MP3, AAC, M4A while keeping ID3 info
- The converted files can be played on any portable players including Sony Walkman
Part 4. How to Save Spotify Music Offline for Walkman
DRmare supports to pull songs offline from Spotify directly, you don't have to subscribe to the premium subscription. A free account will work perfectly. Please just refer to the following steps:
- Step 1Import Spotify link to DRmare
- After launching DRmare software, you just need to drag & drop to import your favorite songs. Of course, you can also copy and paste the link too.
- Step 2Personalize the songs (optional)
- DRmare offer many options to make the output songs meet your requirements better. You can change the output format, channel, sample rate, bit rate and so on. It is ok if you just want to keep the default MP3 settings.
- Step 3Convert Spotify for Sony Walkman
- Click the big "Convert" button, DRmare will encode the Spotify songs to new audio format for Sony Walkman and save them to the output folder on the computer.
Part 5. Steps to Play Spotify on Sony Walkman
Congratulations, you made it. Now you are just a step away to listen to Spotify music on your Sony Walkman. Below we will show three methods for you to get Spotify on Sony Walkman. Please follow the tips to move the audio files.
Method 1. Via Windows Explorer
1. Connect Sony Walkman to your computer via an USB cable.
2. You should see Sony Walkman's device icon on your Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.
3. Double click the device icon in the 'Devices with Removable Storage' pane. Then open the 'Storage Media' folder, there are a list of folders like music, video, pictures.
4. Choose and copy the converted Spotify music you want from your computer to the Sony Walkman.
5. You can open a media player and browse the audio files you want to play.
Method 2. By Windows Media Player
1. Connect your Sony Walkman to your computer.
2. Open the Windows Media Player program on your computer, and then you will see your Sony Walkman device showed at the right side.
3. Choose 'Music' option under the Library navigation pane and select the converted Spotify music you want to play on Walkman.
4. Hit the 'Sync' button on the toolbar and then drag the wanted Spotify files into the Sync List pane.
5. Touch on the 'Start Sync' button to put Spotify on Sony Walkman.
Method 3. With Media Go
1. Link your Sony Walkman to your computer via the USB cord.
2. Launch Media Go.
3. Hit the 'Music' button in the Library pane and choose the Spotify audios you like.
4. Touch the 'Destination' drop-down menu and choose the Sony Walkman option.
5. Click on the 'Add To' button to upload Spotify to Sony Walkman.