Can you use Spotify on airplane mode?
Once your phone is in airplane mode, you won't be able to surf the Internet. During a long trip, you can get bored. It would be great if you could listen to Spotify music on a plane. Thankfully, Spotify has an offline mode that allows you to stream songs without WiFi. But it's only for Spotify Premium subscribers. Want to use Spotify in airplane mode without Premium? Then check out this post, you can learn how to listen to Spotify on airplane mode without Premium or with Premium.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify on Airplane Mode with Premium
Does Spotify Premium work on airplane mode? Of course! Spotify offers customers two layers to enjoy digital audio entertainment. They are Spotify Free and Spotify Premium. Spotify Premium subscribers have the ability to enjoy the offline mode without being connected to an internet connection. All they need to do is download Spotify songs on their devices in advance.
Step 1. Open the Spotify mobile app and log in with your username and password. Please make sure your Spotify Premium subscription is available.
Step 2. Find the playlist you'd like to play on a plane. There is a 'Download' button at the top right. Please turn on it.
Step 3. Go to the 'Your Library' page and click the 'Setting' > 'Playback' option and then turn on 'Offline Mode'.
Step 4. Now, you can listen to Spotify songs offline on your device that is in airplane mode.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify on Airplane Mode without Premium
Can you listen to Spotify in airplane mode without Premium? Yes. DRmare Spotify Music Converter can help you do that. With it, you can download songs from Spotify without Premium and listen to them without WiFi. Lossless sound quality and full ID3 tags will be preserved, so you can enjoy the original Spotify music. Plus, download speeds are up to 5x faster.
Also, it allows you to convert Spotify OGG to AAC, MP3, FLAC, M4A, M4B and WAV. This means you can enjoy your favorite Spotify music on any device you want.
DRmare Spotify Converter for Windows / Mac
Please install the DRmare Spotify Downloader via the 'Download' link above. Then we'll show you how to use it to get Spotify airplane mode without Spotify Premium.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to DRmare software
- Open DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer. Then please find Spotify music or playlists that you'd like to listen to on airplane mode. You can drag and drop them from Spotify to its main interface. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the link of Spotify songs to the search box. To load them, please click the '+' button.
- Step 2 Define output settings of Spotify songs
- This software will convert Spotify music to MP3 format by default because MP3 is compatible with most portable players and devices. And you can change it by clicking the 'three lines' > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option. There you can customize the output format, bit rate, etc. Remember to click 'OK' to save the changes.
- Step 3Download Spotify music without Premium
- Now, please click the 'Convert' button, and it will start the downloading conversion. All output files will be exported as you set before. After conversion, you can find them in the destination folder on your computer by clicking the 'Converted' folder. You can also click on the 'History' list with a red spot to view them on this software.
- Step 4Listen to Spotify on airplane mode without Premium
- Now you have offline Spotify files on your computer and you can easily move them to any device you want. To sync converted Spotify files to other devices, you can use a USB cable, USB drive, or Bluetooth conenction. Please connect your mobile phone to the computer. Then you can start to copy and paste the Spotify offline files to the music folder of your mobile device. After that, you even don't need to open the Spotify app, you can play on airplane mode without Premium.
- See also: Sync Spotify Music to Android, Move Spotify Music to iPhone
Part 3. FAQs about Spotify Airplane Mode
Q1: Does Spotify Work on Airplane?
A: Yes. You can connect to the plane's WiFi to stream Spotify music. Alternatively, you can use Spotify in offline mode on an airplane without WiFi. But you need to be a Premium subscriber. Alternatively, you can use DRmare Spotify Converter to enjoy Spotify on airplane mode without Premium.
Q2: Does Spotify Offline Work on Airplane Mode?
A: Yes. Spotify's offline mode doesn't require an internet connection, and you can use it in airplane mode.
Q3: Why Can't I Listen to Spotify on Airplane Mode?
A: Check the solutions below.
- Make sure the Spotify app is up to date.
- Make sure your Spotify Premium subscription is available.
- Make sure you have turned on the Spotify offline mode.
- Make sure you've fully downloaded Spotify tracks in advance.
Above we have shown you two ways to use Spotify in airplane mode. One is to enjoy Spotify's offline mode with a Spotify Premium subscription. The other is to use DRmare Spotify Converter to download songs without Premium and enjoy them on the plane. We recommend using DRmare Spotify Converter because you don't need to pay for Spotify Premium. It also gives you more option to enjoy Spotify music on multiple devices.