Spotify Premium Not Working - Troubleshooting
"Why is my Spotify Premium not working offline? I can't download new songs and any more. Also, I can't enable the offline mode. When I try to play the downloaded Spotify music without an internet connection. It still prompts me to log in to my account online. Why?"
"Spotify not downloading" is one of the most common problems. Today we will take a further look at this problem. In the following parts, you can get the most comprehensive solutions. The first one is a common method that gathered from other users. The second one is an almighty but a little-known method. Try them both to fix this problem completely.
Part 1. Spotify Premium Not Working Offline: Common Solution
Here is a list of common solutions, summarized from the official site and others who encounter the same problem.
- Have a good internet connection either Wifi or cellular data network.
- Log out then log back in to your Spotify account.
- Make sure you have an active Spotify Premium subscription.
- Check if the Premium subscription is on another account.
- Check your Spotify payment status. Sometimes it is tagged as 'pending', which means the payment hasn't been made yet.
- Make sure your device has enough free space.
Part 2. Spotify Offline Not Working: All-In-One Solution
If you have tried all the common solutions but the problem still exists, please refer to the ultimate method as below.
What you need is the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. This powerful software can download Spotify music for offline playback without Premium. It also supports to convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC and many other common formats.
In addition, the downloaded Spotify files keep 100% original sound quality and 100% raw metadata, including artists, titles, albums, and so forth. With the help of this magic tool, any Spotify offline problem is completely solved. You can even cancel the Spotify subscription after that.
NOTE: DRmare Spotify Music Converter only for personal use. Any piracy and distribution are forbidden.
- Step 1Import Spotify playlists to DRmare
- Open DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer. In the auto-opened Spotify app, please drag & drop tracks or playlists to DRmare's main screen. You can add multiple playlists to this tool, just make sure each playlist contains no more than 100 tracks.
- Step 2Reset output format and other settings
- To change the parameters, you can click the top menu icon and choose "Preferences". From there, you can choose MP3 as the output format, which is the most-used one. Other parameters are supported to be reset as you need.
- Step 3Download Spotify music to your local computer
- Now you just need to one click on "Convert" to start downloading. With the 5X running speed, DRmare software will download all the songs quickly. When it is done, you can use them for any players or devices.
- Now the "Spotify downloads not working" issues can't bother you any longer.
Learn More: Why Is My Spotify Not Working Offline
There could be other reasons that cause "Spotify won't play offline" on other players and devices. If you are interested in it, check the point of views as follows.
Spotify Downloaded Files are Cached and Encrypted
Spotify source songs from its server are in OGG format. When you download the songs offline, you won't get OGG files but only encrypted cache files. They can be decoded and played by Spotify player only. So you won't be able to find these files let alone play them on other players.
Spotify Songs are Combined with Protection
Due to the protection, Spotify only allows paid users to listen to the music offline. It will verify your account by connecting to the Spotify server. If you have already put the songs offline, then you need to login to Spotify Premium account at least one time every 30 days.
Also, you are limited to download up to 10000 songs in 3 devices. This means you can get up to 3333 songs offline for each device.
Now you know why Spotify not playing downloaded songs. The thorough solution requires help from DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Why not have a try?