Solved: Spotify Premium Not Working Offline on Android/iPhone
"My Spotify Premium doesn't work. I subscribed to the membership for downloading and transferring songs to my MP3 player to play. But I can't locate the Spotify songs from my computer. Where are they stored?"
"I have downloaded multiple songs on my Android phone and enabled the "Offline Mode". But when I try to listen to Spotify music from an area without internet connection. It still prompts me to login my account online. Why?"
These are two of the most common problems about Spotify premium not working. Besides these, there are other issues like Spotify waiting to download, black screen, not responding, keeping logging me out and so on which we have talked about.
Now today we will take a further look at this to find out why Spotify Premium not working offline and offer the ultimate to solve it forever.
Part 1. Why Spotify Premium Not Working Offline Sometimes
Unlike the old days when you have to buy every songs before you can download them, nowadays on the modern streaming era you just need to pay a small amount of subscription fee to get access to millions of songs. As for now, Spotify has over 50 millions of songs and over 217 millions of active users.
But surely Spotify won't less you distribute the files to others in an easy way so that to protect the copyright of the songs.
Spotify Downloaded Files are Cached and Encrypted
Spotify source songs from its server are in OGG format. When you download the songs offline, you won't get OGG files but only encrypted cache files. They can be decoded and played by Spotify player only. So you won't be able to find these files let alone play them on other players.
Spotify Songs are Combined with DRM Protection
Due to the DRM protection, Spotify only allows paid users to listen to the music offline. But how does Spotify know if you are a verified users if you have put all the songs offline on your iPhone/Android? The answer is the DRM mechanism. With it, it will verify your account by connecting to the Spotify server. If you have already put the songs offline, then you need to login to Spotify Premium account at least one time every 30 days.
Also, you are limited to download up to 10000 songs in 3 devices. This means you can get up to 3333 songs offline for each device.
Part 2. How to Use Spotify Offline Mode Correctly on Android/iPhone
The other reason why Spotify offline mode doesn't work could be related to user error. So before you looking for other solutions, you should make sure you are using Spotify offline mode correctly first.
The List to Check Before Getting Started with Offline Mode
- Make sure you have an active Spotify Premium subscription
- Have a good internet connection either Wifi or cellular data network
- Make sure your device has enough free space
Steps to Listen to Spotify Offline on Android/iPhone
The instruction is more or less the same on both Android/iPhone devices, please just follow the steps.
- Download your songs, playlists, albums and podcasts. Just open the playlist and switch the "Download" button on. It takes a little while to download completely depending on how many songs you have, so please wait patiently.
- Switch to Spotify offline mode. When all the songs and playlists you want are downloaded completely, you can enable the offline mode. For Android, you can go to "Library" page > Tap on "Settings" > Tap "Offline mode". For iPhone, you can click "Library" > "Settings" > "Playback" > Tap the "Offline" toggle.
- Login Spotify again every 30 days. To prevent Spotify from not working well, please just log in the Spotify account at least once every month.
Part 3. Download Spotify Music Offline to Play Anywhere
Now we know how does the Spotify Premium Offline mode work. Though it allows you to listen to Spotify songs offline, you may still not be able to put Spotify music on your portable MP3 players or CD players which don't have internet connection.
Obviously you can't get the most out of Spotify.
In addition, if you are a student or a user who live on a low budget, the monthly $9.99 fee could be a big investment in the long run.
Not here is a better alternative to download Spotify songs without premium membership.
All you need is the DRmare Spotify Song Downloader for Mac/Windows. It is a powerful software which can directly capture songs from Spotify server and use its advanced DRM crack technology to break any encryption from Spotify. It supports to convert the original OGG format to a lot of new formats such as MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC.
Honestly Spotify officially don't want such tools to download songs from its server. But you don't need to worry because Sptoify only don't want others to use the songs for commercial use. As long as you use the software for personal, it is 100% legal. Our software has served lots of customers all over the world.
DRmare Music Downloader for Spotify
- Support Spotify playlist, album, songs, podcasts and so on
- Remove DRM protection from Spotify to get best listening experience
- 5X speed and batch converting technology, save your precious time
- Help you download Spotify songs for free, save your money
DRmare Software provides an once and for all solution to solve Spotify Premium not working offline by downloading the songs. Now let me show you how does it work in 3 steps.
- Step 1Import Spotify Playlist
- No matter what songs or playlist from Spotify you want to download, you just need to drag & drop them to the DRmare software main screen. DRmare supports to add up to 100 songs at a time. If your playlist is over 100 songs? You can split them to 2 playlists before you try to add them.
- Step 2Choose Output format
- To change the parameters, you can click the top "Help" menu and choose "Preferences". From there, you can choose "MP3" format which is an universal format and it supports to keep ID 3 tags, metadata and so on.
- Step 3Download Spotify music to your local computer
- Now you just need to one click on "Convert" to start downloading. With the 5X speed, DRmare software will remove DRM and download all the songs quickly. When it is done, you can use them for any players or devices.
- That is it. As a Spotify fan, I am really excited to find the way to download Spotify songs for free. I can not only save money but also use the Spotify songs in a better way. There is no reason not to use this software， isn't it?