Spotify offers plenty of tracks, albums, podcasts and more for listeners to enjoy music. And it is well-known around the world and had have over 180 million subscribers.
With a Spotify premium subscription, users can access Spotify music without ads, skip unlimited songs, download Spotify tracks for offline listening and so on. And there are several plans of Spotify premium membership for you to choose. You can pick it up according to your needs.
Yet, there are other music streaming services like Tidal, Apple Music and more you want to switch to due to some reasons. In this case, you may need to cancel Spotify premium subscription first.
In this post, we will show you how to cancel premium on Spotify on all devices. Now, follow the detailed steps below to start to get Spotify premium cancel on Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac.
- Part 1. Cancel Spotify Membership via Spotify Website
- Part 2. Cancel Spotify Subscription through Apple ID
- Part 3. Cancel Spotify Premium by Third-party Services
- Part 4. Get Spotify Songs without Premium
- Part 5. FAQs about Cancelling Spotify Premium
- Part 6. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Cancel Spotify Premium on Android/iPhone/Windows/Mac via Spotify Website
To cancel Spotify account on Android/iPhone/Windows/Mac, you can make it via the Spotify website. That's because you can't cancel Spotify subscription on its desktop or mobile app. Here let's learn how to cancel Spotify premium on iPhone, Android, Windows and Mac devices step by step.
Step 1. Go to spotify.com via a web browser on your Windows/Mac computer or Android/iPhone device.
Step 2. Go head to sign in to your Spotify account on the webpage.
On mobile: Click on the 'three-lines' icon at the top-right corner and choose 'Log In'.
On desktop: Hit on 'Log In' at the upper-right corner of the screen.
Step 3. When logged in, enter your Account page.
On mobile: Hit on the 'three lines' icon from the top-right corner on the page. Then choose 'Account' in the drop-down list.
On desktop: Touch the 'Profile' icon on the page and pick up 'Account' from the list.
Step 4. Scroll down to find 'Your plan' and click on 'Change Plan'.
Step 5. Then locate the 'Spotify Free' section and hit on 'Cancel Premium'.
Step 6. At last, hit on 'Continue to cancel' at the new page. Then press 'Continue to cancel' again.
Step 7. Now, hit 'Yes, cancel' to confirm and cancel premium on Spotify.
Part 2. How to Cancel Spotify Subscription on iPhone/iPad/Mac by Apple ID
For users who subscribed to Spotify premium via Apple App Store, then you can follow this part to see how to cancel a Spotify subscription on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Mac.
On iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch:
Step 1. Launch the Settings app from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Step 2. Touch your profile and Apple ID at the top of the Settings home screen.
Step 3. Find and click on 'Subscriptions' on your Apple ID page.
Tips: If you can't find 'Subscriptions' in the Settings, then click on 'iTunes & App Store'. And then hit on your Apple ID and click on 'View Apple ID'. After that, log in to your account and find 'Subscriptions' and press it.
Step 4. Then locate and choose 'Spotify' from the list of subscriptions.
Step 5. After that, click on 'Cancel Subscription' on the page of Spotify.
Step 1. Start the Apple App Store app on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Click on the sign in button or your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
Step 3. Choose the 'View Information' option.
Step 4. Scroll down to 'Subscriptions' and then pick up 'Manage'.
Step 5. Locate 'Spotify' and choose 'Edit'.
Step 6. Click on 'Cancel Subscription'.
Part 3. How to Cancel Spotify Membership via Third-party Services
If you get Spotify premium free via mobile carriers like AT&T, Verizon or else, then you can follow the steps below to see how to cancel subscription on Spotify on these platforms. Please note that the process to cancel premium Spotify will be varied from different platforms. But you can check the general tutorial below to do that.
Step 1. Go to the official website of the carrier that you subscribed to Spotify premium account. Or you can go to their app to process.
Step 2. Find the add-on or the streaming services menu on the platform.
Step 3. Locate the Spotify option and then head to cancel Spotify premium subscription.
If there is any problem, you could contact your carrier for further help.
Part 4. How to Get Spotify Songs without Premium
Above are the detailed steps for you to cancel Spotify premium plan. But you should note that you can't enjoy Spotify premium feature anymore. In a word, you can't listen to Spotify offline, skip ads and so on while using Spotify. So, here we'd like to introduce a tool to you to access Spotify premium after the cancellation.
This tool is DRmare Music Converter. It can convert and download audio tracks from Spotify without a Spotify premium account. Also, it can save Spotify music files to common audio formats like MP3, WAV, AAC and so on. In this case, you can put Spotify songs on different platforms and devices for use without any limits.
Moreover, this tool can run the conversion at a fast speed and save you time. At the same time, it will keep the original audio quality and complete ID3 tags of Spotify music. After that, you can find the local Spotify audio files on your computer. And then you can use Spotify music anywhere you want offline.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Support to download songs, albums, playlists, and more from Spotify
- Batch convert Spotify tracks at a 5X speed with the original sound quality kept
- Adjust Spotify audio formats, bit rate, and sample rate for use anywhere
- Retain the ID3 tag info, metadata, and else of Spotify audio files
Now you could follow the steps here to see how to get songs from Spotify without premium via DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
- Step 1Import Spotify files to DRmare Spotify Converter
- First, install and start DRmare Music Converter on your computer. Then go to the opened Spotify music app to log in to your account. Next, access Spotify music library to search for any song you like. Once found, drag and drop the song to the DRmare main screen. Or copy and paste the URL address to the song into the blank box at the top of the DRmare tool. After that, click on the '+' icon.
- Step 2Alter output format for Spotify songs
- Now, you can adjust the output audio format for your Spotify music tracks. Please click on the menu icon on the DRmare Windows version or find 'DRmare Music Converter' at the Apple system on Mac. Then tap 'Preferences' and 'Convert'. Next, you can start to change the audio format and other audio parameters for Spotify audio files. After that, click on the 'OK' button.
- Step 3Download Spotify tracks without premium
- Here touch the 'Convert' button and you will get the process started. After a while, you can go to the 'history' section on the DRmare program to check the converted Spotify music files. Also, you can find them on your computer. At last, you can connect your mobile device and transfer Spotify music to them for listening to offline.
Part 5. FAQs about Cancelling Spotify Premium Membership
Q1: What Happens After Cancelling a Spotify Premium Plan?
A: When you cancel premium on Spotify, you can't skip ads, skip unlimited songs, listen to Spotify offline and so on. But you can still keep your Spotify Wrapped, playlists, linkes songs, and followers/followings tied to your account.
Q2: Does Spotify Allow to Pause a Subscription?
A: No. Now, Spotify doesn't allow you to put a hold on your account or pause your Spotify premium membership.
Q3: If I Cancel Spotify Premium Can I Get It Back?
A: Yes. You can renew your subscription again. Yet, the downloaded content on your Spotify account will not retain once you cancel subscription on Spotify.
Part 6. In Conclusion
In this post, you learned how to cancel Spotify premium free trial and premium subscription in several ways. But you will not access Spotify premium features any more. Yet, DRmare Music Converter will help you out. It can download and keep Spotify songs without premium. Also, it can retain the original quality of Spotify music tracks to let you have a better listening experience on any device and platform. With this tool, you can enjoy Spotify audio files offline even without the Spotify app and Spotify premium subscription.
Leave a Comment