How to Move Spotify to SD Card
How to move Spotify to SD card? It's well-known that Spotify users are able to download Spotify songs to SD card. It aims to get more space on a smartphone according to the Spotify community. But I discover that there is no download link for a free Spotify account. Do you have some issues when downloading Spotify songs to SD card? How do you do for storing Spotify music on SD card?
Yes, when you are running out of your phone's memory, you can choose to move Spotify to an external SD card. Yet, so far this way works well for Spotify premium members. Because only subscribers have the ability to download music for offline playback.
Is it not possible for Spotify members with a free plan to save Spotify to SD card? Not really. In the following article, we will share with you two professional ways to move Spotify music to an SD card. (No matter you are using a free or premium Spotify subscription.)
Part 2: How to Move Spotify to SD Card for Free Account
There is a way to put Spotify on SD card, available for both free and premium Spotify subscribers. In general, free users can assess Spotify music with an Internet connection. But they need to tolerate advertisement, lower audio quality, and Shuffle-only Mode. As a matter of fact, all things are because of copyright protection technology. It limits users to get Spotify downloads to SD card freely.
To move Spotify music files to SD card without any limitation, you should do is to break lock from Spotify songs. DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac/Windows is a powerful Spotify music downloader and converter to do this. It can download and convert Spotify to MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. You don't need to worry about the output quality, as it can keep 100% original quality.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Remove protection from Spotify songs, playlists or albums
- Batch download Spotify songs to SD card at up to 5X speed
- Encode Spotify songs to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and other formats
- Keep ID 3 tags, meta data such as the album cover, artist, genre, author
How to Save Spotify Songs to SD Card - Detailed Tutorial
You refer to the following guide to convert Spotify music to common audio files. Please make sure you have installed this tool on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Step 1Import tracks or playlist from Spotify to DRmare Converter
- Please launch Spotify Music Converter from your desktop. The Spotify app will open automatically. Please copy and paste the Spotify track link to the search box of the DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. Click the '+' to add music files. Or you can drag and drop any Spotify content to the DRmare conversion window directly.
- Step 2Customize output format and other parameters
- MP3 format is the default output format of the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. To set another format as the output format, please touch the menu bar -> Preference to open the format window. In the new window, you can choose one as the target format from six choices. In this step, you are also allowed to personalize other output settings, like bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert Spotify Music to store on SD card
- Once all settings are ready, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. This smart DRmare music downloader will start to convert Spotify to MP3 or a target format. To make the conversion process more stable, we recommend you to set the work speed as 1X.
- Step 4Move Spotify music to SD card for storage
- You are able to locate the Spotify songs, playlists and albums on the destination folder. And start to store Spotify music on SD card with ease. Please insert your SD card into the computer's card reader and copy Spotify music files to the SD card. You can install your SD card including Spotify music to any device you want. Now, you can listen to Spotify songs from the SD card.
To find out how does it work easier, you can also visit this video tutorial:
Part 2: How to Download Spotify Songs to SD Card for Spotify Premium
Spotify, the largest digital music service gives everyone access to millions of songs. For free Spotify users, they can listen to Spotify playlists online only. But you can subscribe to Spotify Premium to get the accessibility to download any Spotify content for offline listening.
Based on this, there is a very easy and effective way to transfer Spotify to an SD card within the app itself. You can move Spotify app to SD card with ease.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your device and go to My Library.
Step 2. Tap the gear icon to launch the Settings window, and then please touch the Storage button.
Now, there are two folder locations for your choice, Device Storage and SD card. Please tap the 'SD card' to change Spotify storage to SD card.
Note: This way could be a little unstable and sometimes it is invalid.
Part 3: In Conclusion
No matter which way you choose to follow, it's easy to move Spotify to an SD card. Here, let’s make a conclusion on how to make the final decision. According to the different titles of two solutions, you might have a general understanding.
For free users, the only and better way is to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to move Spotify music to the SD card. On the contrary, you can use the Spotify app to download Spotify songs to the SD card instead. Now, you can start to release the internal storage of your mobile devices.