Can you move Spotify to SD card? Yes, if you have a Spotify Premium account, you can change the storage path to the SD card and then download Spotify music to SD card. However, only Android devices support SD card insertion. You can't do this if you're using another device, such as an iPhone, Windows, or Mac. And Spotify songs are just cache files, you cannot move them to any external storage.
Also, the songs stored in the SD card can only be played on the Spotify app, you cannot move this SD card to other devices for listening to music. This is due to the fact that Spotify downloads are encoded in OGG format, which is not compatible with other applications.
Therefore, the best way to save Spotify to SD card is to download Spotify music to MP3 and then transfer it to SD card. Now, we're going to show you the best way to do it. Read and learn more.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify Songs to SD Card on Android with Spotify Premium
Spotify gives everyone access to millions of songs. For free Spotify users, they can only listen to Spotify music online. To download songs for offline listening, you can subscribe to Spotify Premium. Based on this, if you have an Android device, you can easily select the SD card as the storage path of the downloaded music. After that, all your downloaded music will be automatically stored on your SD card.
- This method only works on Android devices and requires a Spotify Premium subscription.
- Spotify music stored on the SD card will still only be available for listening in the Spotify app.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your Android device and log in to your Premium account. And then go to 'Your Library'.
Step 2. Tap the 'gear' icon to launch the 'Settings' window and click on 'Other'. Then please touch the 'Storage' button.
Step 3. Now, there are two folder locations for your choice, Device Storage and SD card. Please tap 'SD card' > 'OK' to change the Spotify storage path to SD card. After that, you will save Spotify to SD card on your device.
Part 2. How to Move Spotify Downloads to SD Card without Spotify Premium
Now we will show you the best way to move Spotify to SD card. The required tool is DRmare Spotify Music Converter, which allows you to download Spotify songs without Premium at a 5X speed. It downloads Spotify songs as local files instead of cached files. In addition, it can output Spotify music as MP3, FLAC, WAV or other common formats.
So, you can easily move the downloaded Spotify songs to an SD card or other external storage devices. Even better, you can listen to music on this SD card offline on any device you want, such as MP3 players, smart watches, etc. You don't need to worry about the output quality because it can keep 100% original sound quality and ID3 tags intact. In addition, sample rate, audio channels, etc. can be adjusted before conversion. This is definitely the best helper for you to listen to Spotify music.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Put Music on SD Card from Spotify without Premium
Please make sure you have installed DRmare Spotify Downloader on your Mac or Windows computer. Then you can refer to the following guide on how to download Spotify songs to SD card with four steps.
- Step 1Import tracks or playlist from Spotify to DRmare Music Converter
- Please launch DRmare Spotify Music Converter from your desktop. The Spotify app will open automatically. Please copy and paste the Spotify track link to the search box of the DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. Then click '+' to add music files. Or you can drag and drop any Spotify content to the DRmare conversion window.
- Step 2Customize output format and other parameters for Spotify to SD card
- MP3 format is the default output format of the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. To set another format as the output format, please touch the 'Menu' bar > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open the settings window. In the new window, you can choose one as the target format from six choices. You are also allowed to personalize other output settings, like bit rate, sample rate, and more. Finally, click on 'Reset'.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for SD card
- Once all settings are ready, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. This smart DRmare Music Downloader will start downloading Spotify songs to your computer as local files. Once done, you are ready to transfer Spotify to SD card from your computer. And you can locate the Spotify downloads by clicking the 'Folder' icon or 'History' list at the bottom.
- Step 4Move Spotify downloads to SD card
- Please insert an SD card into your computer through a card reader. Go to 'This PC' on your computer and double-click the SD card folder. Then find the converted Spotify music files and copy and paste them onto your SD card. Finally, you can remove the card reader and insert this SD card into any device for offline listening.
Part 3. How to Fix Spotify SD Card Not Showing Up
"Why can't I move Spotify music to SD card?" Sometimes you may encounter the problem that Spotify doesn't recognize the SD card on your device. Why? There are many reasons for this problem. For example, you use old applications or do not clear cache files for a long time. But don't worry. Anyway, you can get some tips to fix Spotify won't download to SD card issue.
Method 1. Clear Spotify Cache
Step 1. Head to the 'Settings' section in the Spotify app on your mobile device.
Step 2. Go to the 'Storage' option and click on 'Delete Cache'.
Then try to store Spotify music on SD card to see whether it will work.
Method 2. Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify App
You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app on your mobile device.
Step 1. Find and hold the Spotify app on the screen of your mobile device. Then choose to uninstall the Spotify app.
Step 2. Head to the Google Play Store and look for the Spotify app.
Step 3. When found, click on it and hit on 'Install' to reinstall the Spotify app.
After that, try to download Spotify songs to SD card.
Part 4. FAQs about Saving Spotify Songs to SD Card
Q1: Can You Download Music from Spotify to SD Card?
A: Yes, but you can only do that on an Android device with a Spotify Premium subscription. Or you can try using DRmare Spotify Music Converter to save Spotify to SD card without any limitations.
Q2: Why Can't I Move Spotify SD Card?
A: If you have downloaded songs from Spotify and try to transfer them to an SD card, you will fail. Because Spotify downloads are just cache files and encoded in special OGG format. They can't be moved to any external storage device.
Q3: How Do I Move Spotify from Phone to SD Card?
A: You need an Android device and a Premium subscription. Then you can follow the tutorial in Part 1 to do that.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Can you download Spotify songs to SD card? We believe you now know the answer. For Android users with a Premium account, they can easily download Spotify music to SD card. However, the songs are still only playable through the Spotify app. Therefore, we recommend you use DRmare Spotify Converter to save and transfer Spotify music to SD card. There is no need to subscribe to the Premium version, so all users can use it. Also, you can play Spotify songs on SD card on any device and platform you want.