No matter which device you are using, computer, tablet, smartphones or others to enjoy digital entertainment, you will meet the same situation that there is no sufficient space to store extra media files, and you have no choice but to delete some previous items. But here, the good news for Audible lovers who using Android phones to play Audible audiobooks is that you are allowed to change the location of your downloaded Audible files to a removable SD card on a wide variety of Android devices directly.
If you are running out of the space on your Android smartphone, you can refer to the following simple tutorial to transfer Audible audiobooks to the SD card with ease.
View also: How to Move Spotify to SD Card
Part 1. Convert Audible Audiobooks to a SD Card via Audible App Directly
It’s the official way to transfer Audible audio books to SD card via Audible application. Please mark sure that Audible app is downloaded and installed on your Android phone and the SD card is inserted to your smartphone. And then let’s start to move Audible files to the SD card on Android.
Step 1. Click the shortcut from the main interface of your Android phone to launch Audible app.
Step 2. Tap the hamburger menu at the top corner of the screen to open the Setting option.
Step 3. Touch the Download Location icon in four optional icons in Download Settings page.
Step 4. You can change the download location to the wanted SD card. And then simply press the OK tab.
Note: From the prompting note in the last step, "New audiobooks downloads will be saved to this location (SD card). Existing audiobooks will not be transferred", you will know that previously downloaded audio files are saved in the older location (internal memory). If you would like to switch already downloaded audiobooks to SD card, you should delete these Audible files firstly and re-download them to Android device. And then it will be moved to SD card successfully.
* It’s totally free.
* No extra software or tool to download and install.
* You may experience playback issues with your audiobooks.
* Need to re-download existing audiobooks.
* SD cards with Audible audiobooks cannot be played on other devices.
Part 2. Alternative Way to Move Audible Files to a SD Card
Obviously, using Audible app is the most common and popular solution to transfer Audible books to a SD card. But you will keep the important point in mind that SD cards with Audible audio files can be recognized by Audible compatible devices only. Even though some devices have a SD card slots, such as TV and cars, you are not able to play Audible AA/AAX files on other devices via SD card, since Audible files are encoded in DRM AA/AAX audio format.
That’s to say, even if you have transferred Audible audiobooks to the SD card, you can only play these AA/AAX files on selected Android devices. So is there an alternative way to move Audible audiobooks to the SD card so that SD cards with Audible audiobooks can be playable on any Android device? Fortunately, the answer is positive. You just need to remove DRM protection from Audible files and convert DRM AA/AAX to most Android device compatible formats, like MP3 and WMA before transferring Audible files to SD card.
So here, we will DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter for Mac, which has the ability of converting Audible audio files to MP3, FLAC, M4A, WMA and more while bypassing DRM copyright technology. With the easy-to-use UI, it works at 30X faster speed with 100% original quality preserved. Once you have use this software to convert protected Audible books to DRM-free MP3 audio files, you can start to copy and paste them to the SD card freely. After that, you are able to listen to Audible audiobooks on not only any Android device but also almost all other devices, media players, and others equipped with a SD card slot.
View also: Top 5 Audio Converters for Audible
DRmare DRM Audiobook Converter
Now, you can follow the detailed tutorial to get rid of DRM technology of Audible audiobooks and convert them to wanted audio format. And then you can move these DRM-free Audible files to a SD card for playing them on any SD card supported device.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobooks to DRmare
- In order to add Audible audiobooks to DRmare, you should click the second "Add Files" button at the buttom-left corner of the main interface. Or you can drag and drop Audible DRM AA/AAX files to the main interface directly.
- Step 2Adjust the output parameters
- Please touch the Format button to open a new window, in which you can see the whole format list and choose the favorite audio format as the output format. We'd recommend you choose the output format as MP3 which is a popular audio format.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Audible AA/AAX files
- Now, you just need to tap the "Convert" button next to the Format button, and this smart software will automatically remove DRM protection and convert Audible files to unprotected audio files you set before. Generally speaking, it can work at 30X faster speed.
- Step 4Move non-DRM Audible files to SD card
- Finally, you can locate DRM-free Audible audiobooks on the destination folder. Please connect your computer with SD card via SD card reader, and then you can move Audible files to SD card via copying&pasting action.
*No need to re-download audible files for converting to SD card.
*Play Audible audiobooks on any device and media player freely.
*Convert DRM AA/AAX to unprotected MP3, FLAC, and other formats.
*The software costs $39.95 which is a little expensive for some users.
Part 3. Summary and Suggestion
Two ways mentioned above are very simple and easy to control for anyone to move Audible files to SD cards. But which one is better? As far as I’m concerned, if the price of DRmare software is affordable for you, the second way is better than via Audible app, which uses DRmare software to remove DRM protection and convert them to MP3 files.
With the help of DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter, SD cards with Audible audiobooks can be played on almost all devices and media players, also including television, cars, etc. Of course, if you don’t have special requirement and just would like to release the space of your Android phone, the first way using Audible app is highly recommended.