"Can you download songs from Spotify to USB drive?" Most people would like to save Spotify music to USB for backup. In this case, they can save the memory of their computer. Yet, now there is no official way to download Spotify music to USB.
But please take it easy. In this post, we will show you how to download Spotify music to USB free for use. To do that, you need to use third-party tools to make it. Now, let's get started.
Part 1. Can You Download Music from Spotify to USB?
Spotify offers four tiers for users to listen to music on phones, TVs, and other devices without limits. They are Spotify Premium for Individual, Spotify Duo, Spotify Premium for Family, and Spotify Premium for Student.
But, you will be charged a monthly premium subscription fee to stream music and playlists. Based on this, a 'Download' option is provided to listen to Spotify songs offline. Yet, can you download Spotify songs to USB drive? Nope. To prevent users from distributing audio files, Spotify adds protection to all its songs. Also, Spotify songs are encoded in OGG Vorbis format, which is not compatible with USB stick.
Of course, Spotify also serves as a freemium service. Yet, free users do not have permission to download Spotify music. Not to mention to download music to USB from Spotify free.
Now, you know why you can't copy Spotify playlist to USB flash stick. Next, let's see how to fix it.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music to USB Free via DRmare Spotify Music Converter
So, how to download from Spotify to USB drive? No worry. In this part, we will introduce a tool for you to make it. A professional Spotify music to USB converter is a nice helper. It can convert Spotify songs into local files. And then you can copy Spotify playlist to USB flash drive with ease.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is one of the best Spotify to USB converters. It is for both Spotify free and Premium users. It combines the technology to break the lock and download Spotify music. It supports to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, and more.
This means the files will be lossless and supported by USB and almost any other device. It allows you to achieve it with only a few clicks. Besides, you can adjust the audio quality, sample rate, and so on for Spotify songs you want. Then you will get the better audio quality of Spotify music files. And you can save and transfer Spotify to USB for use.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Download Music from Spotify to USB Drive by DRmare Music Converter
DRmare Spotify Music Converter supports Windows & Mac systems with the latest Spotify app. The trial version is the same as the paid version except there is a length limitation. Anyway, you can try it out for free. Click the "Download" button above to install the right version on your computer. Then follow the steps below to see how to download Spotify playlist to USB for free.
- Step 1Copy Spotify playlist link and paste it to DRmare Music Converter
- This free Spotify to USB converter can download the music online with the Spotify URL. All you need to do is to copy and paste the playlist link and press the "+" button to load them. Or you can drag and drop the songs, albums, and playlists from the Spotify app to DRmare software.
- Step 2Set output format of Spotify to USB
- No matter what output parameters you selected are, new audio files are unprotected. You can customize the output format, bit rate, and sample rate as you want. It will make the songs more personalized and easier to transfer Spotify music to USB thumb drive.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlist to USB
- In the end, you can press the "Convert" button, and it will start to download the songs offline to the output folder. After that, you can transfer converted songs from Spotify to USB by copy & paste action. To make it easier, you can also choose the output folder as the USB device. It will download music from Spotify to USB with ease.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs to USB Stick by DRmare Audio Capture
You can also use the DRmare Audio Capture to download music from Spotify to USB. This tool uses recording technology to get and download Spotify music to USB. It can capture soundtracks from Spotify and other music services. And it supports to output of many audio formats like MP3, FLAC and more. Also, it lets you edit the audio tracks to the length you like.
Here let's see how to use it to download Spotify playlist to USB drive.
Step 1. Start the DRmare Audio Capture once you installed it on your computer.
Step 2. Add the Spotify app to its main screen via the big Plus icon.
Step 3. Touch the Audio icon to reset the output audio format for Spotify music to USB drive.
Step 4. Tap the Spotify app icon on the DRmare Audio Capture's screen. Then find and play the songs you want to record and download.
Step 5. The program will then start the process. Once done, click Save to keep the Spotify songs on your computer.
Step 6. Head to the History icon to check the local Spotify songs for USB stick.
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to USB Stick
You got the local Spotify audio files above. Here you can learn how to transfer songs from Spotify to USB drive. Please follow the simple step below to copy Spotify playlist to USB from your computer.
Step 1. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of your computer. The USB folder will show up on your computer.
Step 2. Locate the music folder that saves the converted Spotify music on your computer. And then copy the whole folder or the Spotify music.
Step 3. Paste it into the USB folder. Now, you can wait for the copying Spotify songs to USB.
Tips on Using USB Drive on Different Computers:
1. There is no USB port for some Windows laptops or MacBooks. So, you need an adapter to use USB on your PC.
2. On Mac, you can't copy NTFS files to USB drive as there are no permits to write the files to NTFS file system. For those who use both Mac and Windows, you are suggested to format the USB drive to exFAT file system. After that, you can copy and keep files to USB drive on Windows and Mac.
How to Format USB Drive to exFAT Format
- Head to the 'Finder' > 'Applications' > 'Utilities' > 'Disk Utility'.
- Choose your USB drive from the left.
- Choose 'Erase' on the top, enter the name and select an exFAT format.
- Hit the 'Erase' button to start the formatting process.
- Right-click the USB drive you inserted and hit 'Format'.
- Choose exFAT or NTFS you like. While choosing exFAT, go to the volume label.
- Touch the 'Start' button to begin formatting.
Part 5. How to Fix Spotify Won't Play through USB Drive
Spotify won't play through a USB drive? If you have ever met such an issue, then you can refer to the tips below. Here we will show you how to solve Spotify can't play via USB drive in detail.
- Ensure that you connect your USB drive with your device well.
- Ensure your USB stick has stored the downloaded Spotify songs already.
- Make sure that the Spotify music files in your USB drive are supported by your device.
- Check whether the media player on the device works well or not.
If you still can't get Spotify music play via a USB drive, then you can try another USB port on your device. Or, you can try to copy Spotify playlist to a new USB drive and then try again.
Part 6. Benefits of Download Spotify Songs to USB Drive
Why do we need to download Spotify playlist to USB? There are lots of benefits to saving Spotify to USB. After transferring music from Spotify to USB, you can get as below:
1. Listen to Spotify songs on your portable devices. For example, you can connect the USB drive to your smart speakers, game consoles, and more for playing.
2. Enjoy Spotify music on smart TVs. You can plug the USB drive with the downloaded Spotify songs into your smart TVs, such as Samsung TVs, LG TVs, and so on.
3. Save space for your device. You can download music from Spotify to USB flash drive to save space on your device.
4. Play Spotify tracks in the car. By copying Spotify music to USB, you can play Spotify music in the car offline.
5. Back up your favorite Spotify tracks. You can convert and save the Spotify songs you like via DRmare Music Converter forever.
Part 7. Summarize
The ways above are easy for you to download Spotify to USB. It takes only a few steps via DRmare Spotify Music Converter and DRmare Audio Capture. And they work well for any user with any kind of computer system. You don't even need to subscribe to Spotify Premium to make it work. The only drawback is that the trial version has a conversion limit. To convert full songs, you need to buy a full license.