Download Spotify to USB Free for Playing in the Car
"Can you download Spotify songs to USB? My computer becomes sluggish and often crashes. I need to transfer Spotify playlist to USB for backup and cleaning up computer memory. It's a terrible thing to lose the tracks which I spent many years curating by myself. Many thanks. A free way is better." - Question from Annabelle Scott.
Apart from the above situation, there are many other reasons to download Spotify music to USB free. You can play Spotify in the car via USB. You can listen to Spotify songs on smart TVs via a USB port. And you can enjoy Spotify on portable speakers through a USB flash drive.
The problem is that there is no official way to copy music from Spotify to USB. But take it easy as I have used an alternative way to realize it successfully. Since many users have no idea about the solution, today I will offer a complete guide.
Part 1. Why We Can't Download Music from Spotify to USB
There are four tiers provided by Spotify to listen to music on phones, speakers, TVs, and other devices without limits. They are Spotify Premium for Individual, Spotify Duo, Spotify Premium for Family, and Spotify Premium for Student.
You will be charged a monthly premium subscription fee to stream music and playlists. Based on this, a 'Download' option is provided to listen to Spotify songs offline. But to prevent users from distributing audio files, they add protection to all songs. Besides, they encode Spotify files in OGG Vorbis format, which is not compatible with USB.
Of course, Spotify also serves as a freemium service. But free users do not have permission to download Spotify music. Not to mention downloading Spotify to USB for free.
Now, you must have full knowledge of the reasons why you can't put Spotify music on a USB flash stick directly. Next, let's see how to fix it out.
Part 2. Free Spotify to USB Converter You Can't Miss
It's not fair that you can't get full use of all the Spotify songs on many devices with Premium. Can you save Spotify songs to USB? To make this answer positive, a professional Spotify music to USB converter is a nice helper. It can convert Spotify songs into local files. And then you can add Spotify playlist to USB flash drive with ease.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is one of the extraordinary Spotify to USB converters for both Spotify free and Premium users. It combines the technology to break the lock and download Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, etc. without recording.
This means the files will be lossless and supported by USB and almost any other device. It allows you to achieve it effortlessly with only a few clicks.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Part 3. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to USB Stick
DRmare Spotify Music Converter supports Windows & Mac systems with the latest version Spotify. The trial version is the same as the paid version except there is a length limitation. Anyway, you can try it out for free. Click the "Download" button above to install the right version into your computer.
- Step 1Copy Spotify playlist link and paste it
- This free Spotify to USB converter can download the music online with the Spotify URL. All you need to do is to copy and paste the playlist link and press the "+" button to load them. Or you can drag and drop the songs, albums, playlists from the Spotify app to DRmare software.
- Step 2Set Spotify music output format for USB
- No matter what output parameters you selected are, new audio files are unprotected. You can customize the output format, bit rate, sample rate as you want. It will make the songs more personalized and easier to transfer Spotify music to USB thumb drive..
- Step 3Download Spotify music to USB
- In the end, you can press the "Convert" button, it will start to download the songs offline to the output folder. After that, you can transfer converted songs from Spotify to USB by copy & paste action. To make it easier, you can also choose the output folder as the USB device. It will download Spotify to USB from Spotify directly. If you don't know how to do it, you can go to the next step.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify songs to USB
- 1. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of your computer. The USB folder will show up on your computer.
- 2. Click the 'history' > 'search' icon to locate the music folder that saves Spotify music. And then copy the whole folder or the Spotify music.
- 3. Paste it into the USB folder. Now, you can wait for the copying Spotify songs to USB.
- Video TutorialOne-stop solution to download Spotify music for USB free
Part 4. Summarize
This is by far the handiest and most useful way to put Spotify songs on USB. Believe it or not, it takes only a few steps. And it works well for any users with any kind of computer system. You don't even need to subscribe to Spotify Premium to make it work.
After transferring music from Spotify to USB, you can plug the USB into your other devices. For example, car stereo, home smart TV, portable speakers, Android/iOS mobile phones. It's free to play Spotify tracks on them via a USB port.
The only drawback is that the trial version can convert 1 minute of each song. To convert full songs, you need to buy a license at a most preferential price of $14.95. Anyway, it is totally worth it.
What do think about this solution of downloading Spotify music to USB for free? Let's know your thoughts by typing in the comment section below.