"How to copy Spotify playlist to USB drive for use? I want to transfer music from Spotify to USB for backup. In this case, I can save the memory of my computer. Besides, I can use Spotify songs on other devices as well. But, there is no official way to get Spotify download to USB. Any solution here?"
Please take it easy. In this post, we will show you how to download Spotify music to USB free for use. To do that, you need to use a third-party tool to make it. Now, let's get started.
Part 1. Can You Download Spotify Songs to USB?
As for Spotify, it offers four tiers for users to listen to music on phones, TVs, and other devices without limits. They are Spotify Premium for Individual, Spotify Duo, Spotify Premium for Family, and Spotify Premium for Student.
But, you will be charged a monthly premium subscription fee to stream music and playlists. Based on this, a 'Download' option is provided to listen to Spotify songs offline. Yet, can you download Spotify songs to USB drive? To prevent users from distributing audio files, Spotify adds protection to all its songs. Besides, Spotify songs are encoded in OGG Vorbis format, which is not compatible with USB.
Of course, Spotify also serves as a freemium service. Yet, free users do not have permission to download Spotify music. Not to mention to download music to USB free.
Now, you know why you can't copy Spotify playlist to USB flash stick directly. Next, let's see how to fix it out.
Part 2. Download Spotify Music to USB Free - Best Tool
So, how to get Spotify download music to USB drive? No worry. In this part, we will introduce a tool for you to make it. A professional Spotify music to USB converter is a nice helper. It can convert Spotify songs into local files. And then you can copy Spotify playlist to USB flash drive with ease.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is one of the best Spotify to USB converters. It is for both Spotify free and Premium users. It combines the technology to break the lock and download Spotify music. It supports to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, etc. without recording.
This means the files will be lossless and supported by USB and almost any other device. It allows you to achieve it effortlessly with only a few clicks. Besides that, you can adjust the audio quality, sample rate, etc. for Spotify songs as you want. Then you will get the better audio quality of Spotify music files. And you can save and transfer Spotify to USB for use.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Part 3. How to Download Music from Spotify to USB Stick Free
DRmare Spotify Music Converter supports Windows & Mac systems with the latest Spotify app. The trial version is the same as the paid version except there is a length limitation. Anyway, you can try it out for free. Click the "Download" button above to install the right version into your computer. Then follow the steps below to see how to download music from Spotify to USB for Free.
- Step 1Copy Spotify playlist link and paste it
- This free Spotify to USB converter can download the music online with the Spotify URL. All you need to do is to copy and paste the playlist link and press the "+" button to load them. Or you can drag and drop the songs, albums, playlists from the Spotify app to DRmare software.
- Step 2Set output format of Spotify to USB
- No matter what output parameters you selected are, new audio files are unprotected. You can customize the output format, bit rate, sample rate as you want. It will make the songs more personalized and easier to transfer Spotify music to USB thumb drive.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs to USB
- In the end, you can press the "Convert" button, it will start to download the songs offline to the output folder. After that, you can transfer converted songs from Spotify to USB by copy & paste action. To make it easier, you can also choose the output folder as the USB device. It will download music from Spotify to USB directly. If you don't know how to do it, you can go to the next step.
- Video TutorialOne-stop solution to download Spotify to USB free
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to USB Stick
As you had got the local Spotify audio files, here you can learn how to transfer songs from Spotify to USB drive. Please follow the simple step below to copy Spotify playlist to USB from your computer.
Step 1. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of your computer. The USB folder will show up on your computer.
Step 2. Click the 'history' > 'search' icon to locate the music folder that saves Spotify music. And then copy the whole folder or the Spotify music.
Step 3. Paste it into the USB folder. Now, you can wait for the copying Spotify songs to USB.
Tips on Using USB Drive on Different Computers:
1. There is no USB port for some Windows laptops or Macbooks. So, you need an adapter to use USB on your PC.
2. On Mac, you can't copy NTFS files to USB drive as there is no permits to write the files to NTFS file system. For who use both Mac and Windows, you are suggested to format the USB drive to exFAT file system. After that, you can copy and keep files to USB drive on Windows and Mac.
How to Format USB Drive to exFAT Format
1. On Mac, head to the 'Finder' > 'Applications' > 'Utilities' > 'Disk Utility'. Next, choose your USB drive from the left. Then choose 'Erase' on the top, enter the name and select exFAT format. And then hit 'Erase' button to start the formatting process.
2. On Windows, just right-click the USB drive you inserted and hit 'Format'. Then you can choose exFAT or NTFS you like. While choose exFAT, go to the volume label and touch 'Start' button to begin formatting.
Part 5. Summarize
This is by far the handiest and most useful way to download Spotify to USB. Believe it or not, it takes only a few steps via DRmare Spotify Music Converter. And it works well for any users with any kind of computer system. You don't even need to subscribe to Spotify Premium to make it work. The only drawback is that the trial version can convert 1 minute of each song. To convert full songs, you need to buy a full license. Anyway, it is totally worth it.
What do think about this solution of downloading Spotify to USB for free? Please let us know your thoughts at the comment area below.
By the way, there are lots of benefits to save Spotify to USB. After transferring music from Spotify to USB, you can get as below:
1. Listen to Spotify songs on your portable devices. For example, you can connect USB drive to your smart speakers, game consoles, etc. for playing.
2. Enjoy Spotify music on smart TVs. You can plug the USB drive with the downloaded Spotify songs to your smart TVs, such as Samsung TV, LG TV, and so more.
3. Save space for your device. You can download music from Spotify to USB flash drive to save space on your device.
4. Play Spotify tracks in the car. By copying Spotify music to USB, you can play Spotify music in the car even without the internet connection.
4. Backup your favorite Spotify tracks. You can convert and save the Spotify songs you like via DRmare Music Converter forever.