Can you copy Spotify playlist to USB stick? Spotify is a great streaming music service that offers millions of songs. It allows Premium users to download music for offline listening. However, you may find that it fails when you copy the downloaded songs to a USB drive.
This is because Spotify can only be used on authorized devices. Due to Spotify's digital rights management, you cannot copy or transfer Spotify music to any unauthorized device. But don't worry, we've found the best free method to help you download Spotify music to USB. Afterwards, you can listen to Spotify music on more devices, including smartwatches, MP3 players, cars, and more. It's also a great way to save storage space and back up your favorite Spotify playlists. Read on now and learn everything you need to know about Spotify to USB.
Part 1. Can You Download Spotify Songs to a USB
"How do I download free music from Spotify to USB?"
Unfortunately, even if you are a Premium subscriber, you cannot download Spotify songs to a USB drive. As a Premium Spotify user, you can download music for offline listening and save Spotify music to an SD card on your Android device. But you cannot move downloaded music to any external storage device, including USB drives. This is because Spotify adds DRM (Digital Rights Management) to all songs. Therefore, you need to remove this protection first before moving Spotify music to USB. Read on and learn the best solution.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music to USB Free
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the best free Spotify to USB converter. It allows you to download any Spotify audio including songs, playlists, albums, podcasts, and audiobooks without Premium. It automatically removes Spotify copyright protection so you can keep and use the downloaded songs. You can then easily transfer Spotify music to a USB stick or any other device for offline listening.
Additionally, it can save Spotify music to MP3, AAC, FLAC or other common formats. This way you can make Spotify compatible with your different devices. The original audio quality and all ID3 tags will remain intact. Even better, it works 5x faster, so you can get your lossless Spotify music as quickly as possible. Now, install this software for free via the "Download" link below and we will guide you on how to download Spotify playlist to USB.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Please insert a USB drive into your computer's USB port. Then you can follow the steps below to download Spotify to USB free without Spotify Premium.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to DRmare Spotify Converter
- After inserting the USB flash drive, wait for the computer to recognize it. Then you can open DRmare Spotify Music Converter and the Spotify app will also launch. Simply drag and drop songs, albums and playlists from the Spotify app to DRmare's home screen. Alternatively, you can copy and paste Spotify music links into the search box at the top of DRmare and press the "+" button to load them.
- Step 2Set Spotify output folder as USB
- DRmare Spotify Downloader allows you to change the output destination folder. To do this, click on the "Output" box at the bottom left and select your USB folder. After that, all your downloaded Spotify songs will be saved to your USB folder directly. You can also click Menu > Preferences > Convert to customize the audio format, channels, sample rate, and bitrate.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs to USB
- Finally, you can press the "Convert" button to start downloading all added songs to your USB folder. Once the download is complete, you can find your offline Spotify music in the "History" icon with a red tip. You can also check them by going directly to the USB folder on your computer. These Spotify music files are available for you to save and use anywhere.
Part 3. How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to USB Free
Above we guide you on how to download music from Spotify to USB directly. If you want to store Spotify music files on your computer and then copy them to a USB drive, you can do that easily too. DRmare Spotify Music Converter allows you to easily download Spotify music to your computer for offline playback. Then you can transfer the downloaded Spotify music to a USB flash drive or other device you want. Now follow the steps below on how to put music on a USB from Spotify.
NOTE: You can only move unprotected Spotify music files to a USB drive.
Step 1. Insert a USB memory stick into the computer's port. Wait for it to show up in your local folder.
Step 2. Use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download your favorite Spotify songs and playlists to your computer.
Step 3. Follow the "Output" folder at the bottom of DRmare Spotify Converter to find the downloaded Spotify music files on your computer. Or you can find them by searching "Converted" directly in your computer folder.
Step 4. Just copy and paste the downloaded Spotify music files into the folder of the USB flash drive. (Or you can drag and drop Spotify music files to your USB folder.) You can then place this USB anywhere to listen to Spotify music offline.
Part 4. FAQs about Spotify to USB Stick
Q1: Can You Put Spotify Music on a USB?
A: Yes. As long as you can download Spotify music as common audio files, you can transfer them to a USB drive. Therefore, you need a professional tool like DRmare Spotify Converter that allows you to remove Spotify's protection and download Spotify songs as unprotected files.
Q2: How Do I Download Free Music from Spotify to USB?
A: It's very easy to achieve that by using DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. It enables free Spotify users to download music from Spotify directly to USB in just a few clicks.
Q3: Can I Play Spotify Music from a USB Drive?
A: Yes. Songs downloaded from Spotify are just cache files, but if you could download real local audio files from Spotify and put them on a USB drive, you could listen to them anywhere you wanted.
Q4: Why Won't Spotify Play through My Car USB?
- Ensure that you connect your USB drive to your device well.
- Ensure your USB stick has stored the Spotify MP3 songs already.
- Make sure that the Spotify music files in your USB drive are supported by your device.
- Check whether the media player on the device works well or not.
Q5: What Are the Benefits of Downloading Spotify Music to USB?
- Listen to Spotify songs on more portable devices, including smart speakers, game consoles, and more.
- Save space for your device. You can download music from Spotify to USB flash drive to save space on your device
- Play Spotify tracks in the car. By copying Spotify music to USB, you can play Spotify music in the car offline.
- Back up your favorite Spotify tracks. You can convert and save the Spotify songs you like via DRmare Music Converter forever.
Part 5. In Summary
We strongly recommend you to use DRmare Spotify Converter to download Spotify music to USB free without Premium. With it, you don't need to copy Spotify downloads to USB drive manually but download Spotify to USB directly. It runs fast and retains lossless sound quality and ID3 tags to ensure you have a great listening experience.