Music addicts may care more about the music quality. And among music quality, the bitrate is the key factor that should be considered. What is bitrate? Bitrate means the amount of data that is transferred in a certain time. In general, the higher bitrate of a track, the more details it will keep.
Today, we will focus on Spotify music and show you more about Spotify bitrate. Also, you will learn some tips on how to get lossless streaming quality, how to change Spotify quality, and so on. Now please keep reading and follow the post to find out all the answers.
- Part 1. What Bitrate Does Spotify Stream at?
- Part 2. Differences between Spotify Quality and Other Streaming Services
- Part 3. How to Reset Spotify Bitrate on Spotify Desktop App
- Part 4. How to Adjust Spotify Bitrate on Spotify Mobile App
- Part 5. Extra Tip for how to Get Spotify Lossless Streaming Quality
- Part 6. How to Improve Spotify Music Quality
- Part 7. In Conclusion
Part 1. What Bitrate Is Spotify Using?
What is Spotify bit rate? Spotify offers different bitrates for different subscriptions and devices. The Spotify quality bitrate varies from low, high and extreme quality for your music. Now let's learn how to check Spotify bitrate.
Spotify Desktop Audio Quality:
- For free users, you can stream all music at a standard quality 160Kbps with OGG Vorbis.
- For premium users, you can switch to Spotify high quality bitrate streaming 320Kbps.
Spotify Web Player Bitrate & Spotify Chromecast Audio Quality
- For free users, the standard quality for streaming online is AAC 128Kbps.
- For premium users, the Spotify premium bitrate is 256Kbps.
Spotify Mobile Bitrate Quality
- Low - Average 24 Kbps/s with HE-AACv2 format
- Normal - Average 96 Kbps with OGG
- High - Average 160 Kbps with OGG
- Very high - Average 320Kbps with OGG for premium users
To see a clear comparison of Spotify bitrate quality, you could check out the chart as below.
|Bitrates||Platforms||Free or Premium||Audio Quality|
|24 kbps||Desktop/Mobile Devices||Both||Low|
|128 kbps||Web Player (AAC)||Free||Normal|
|160 kbps||Desktop/Mobile Devices||Both||High|
|256 kbps||Web Player (AAC)||Premium||High|
|320 kbps||Desktop/Mobile Devices||Premium||Very High|
Part 2. The Bitrate Differences between Different Streaming Services
Spotify is an innovative company. It keeps improving its music service and releasing new features. This lets it stand at the top of the streaming music industry for a long time.
From the last part, we could see that Spotify doesn't offer a higher bitrate but the same 320Kbps. This is a little bit higher than Apple Music bitrate 256Kbps. But it doesn't matter much because Apple Music uses the AAC codec. They are supposed to keep better sound quality compared to other songs with the same bitrate.
Compared to the lossless platform Tidal which offers 1,411Kbps, Spotify bitrate quality is low. Does it mean Spotify is not as good as Tidal? Nope. When evaluating a music service, it has much to do with the price, library, music discovery and much more. You can check Spotify vs Tidal to find out the differences.
If you still care about the Spotify audio quality, then you could move on to reading. In the next part, we will show you how to improve Spotify streaming quality.
Part 3. How to Set Spotify Bitrate on Spotify Desktop App
In this part, we will show you how to set Spotify music quality on the Spotify desktop app.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your PC and sign in with your Spotify account.
Step 2. Hit on the 'down-arrow' icon next to your name on the Spotify main window. Then click on the 'Settings' option.
Step 3. Find and hit on the 'Streaming Quality' under the 'Audio Quality' section. Then you can select the music quality according to your needs. Note: Only Spotify Premium can get 320kbps very high streaming quality. Yet, Spotify Free users can only access 160kbps bitrate.
Part 4. How to Adjust Spotify Bitrate on Spotify Mobile App
If you use the Spotify app on your mobile device, then you can follow this section to change Spotify audio quality.
On Android Phone:
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app on your phone.
Step 2. Tap the 'Settings' icon from the upper-right corner of the Spotify main screen.
Step 3. Scroll down and hit the drop-down menu next to 'Streaming'.
Step 4. Choose one of the Spotify streaming quality options you want.
Step 5. Hit the drop-down menu next to 'Download' (Premium only) to download Spotify tracks.
Step 6. Choose one of the download quality options you like.
On iPhone or iPad:
Step 1. Go to your iPhone or iPad and open Spotify app.
Step 2. Click the 'Settings' icon at the top right corner.
Step 3. Hit on the 'Music Quality' from the drop-down menu.
Step 4. Select one of the streaming audio quality options as you like.
Step 5. Tap a download quality if you are a premium user.
Part 5. Extra Tip to Reset Spotify Bitrate to Get Spotify Lossless Quality without Premium
After following the steps above, you will know how to set the Spotify quality for better listening. Yet, the Spotify bitrate quality setting is not available for all Spotify users. Some require a Spotify premium account. So, what if you are a free Spotify user and still want to get high Spotify streaming quality?
Please don't worry. In this part, you will know how to get Spotify lossless quality no matter if you are Spotify free or premium user.
For Spotify, even if you subscribe to Spotify Premium, the best quality song you can get is 320Kbps. If you are hurry to listen to Spotify lossless audio quality songs, you can reset the Spotify bitrate via a third-party tool.
DRmare Spotify Downloader is an ideal software to get Spotify music without Spotify premium. It can break protection from Spotify songs. And it can convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, AAC and more audio formats.
Also, you can reset the Spotify bit rate, and more to enhance your Spotify music quality for better listening. Then you can save the Spotify music as local files on your computer and use them on other devices with ease.
DRmare Music Converter for Spotify
- Convert all Spotify playlists, albums, songs, and more
- Customize Spotify files' format, bitrate, sample rate, etc.
- Convert Spotify to MP3, M4A, WAV and so on while keeping full ID3 tags
- Supports 5X acceleration with Spotify lossless quality after converting
How to Use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to Get Lossless Spotify Quality without Premium
The bitrate is related to the audio formats. The lossy formats like M4A, MP3, M4B, and AAC all support up to 320 Kbps. The lossless formats like FLAC, and WAV support 1,411Kbps. Now you can follow the quick steps to reset Spotify bitrate to lossless quality.
- Step 1 Import Spotify tracks
- With batch converting support, you can import multiple songs to convert at a time. Now, open the DRmare Music Converter. Then drag & drop the Spotify tracks or playlists from the Spotify app to the DRmare software.
- Step 2Choose lossless format for Spotify songs
- Choose the output format as 'FLAC' or 'WAV'. DRmare software will then adjust the output quality to 1,411Kbps. Also, if you'd like to get low bitrate songs, you may choose the output format as 'MP3'. To start the settings, please click on the Menu tab on the DRmare program. Then choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' in the new pop-up window.
- Step 3Output music from Spotify
- Click the 'Convert' button to start to download Spotify music to computer offline. Within a few minutes, you will have all the Spotify lossless music in your local folder. You could check them in the target folder and listen to them. They will be much better than the Spotify extreme quality 320Kbps files.
Part 6. How to Improve Spotify Streaming Quality
Want to enhance Spotify music quality? Here in this section, we will introduce some tips for you to improve streaming quality on Spotify. Please find them out in detail.
1. Using the Built-in Spotify Equalizer to Increase Spotify Audio Quality
There is a built-in equalizer on the Spotify app. So, you can use it to increase your Spotify music streaming quality.
Note: Spotify equalizer only can be used on mobile devices.
Step 1. Run the Spotify app on your mobile device.
Step 2. Touch the 'Settings' icon on Spotify's main interface.
Step 3. Click the 'Playback' option on the 'Settings' page.
Step 4. Scroll down to 'Equalizer'. Then touch the switch button to turn on the Spotify equalizer.
2. Subscribe to a Spotify Premium Plan
If you have enough budget, then you can upgrade to the Spotify Premium subscription. Spotify Premium can enjoy 320kbps audio quality. Yet, Spotify Free plan can only get 96kbps and 160kbps.
3. Use a Good WiFi/Cellular Data Connection
The streaming audio bitrate may differ according to different network connection statuses. So, to get high-quality streaming of Spotify, you can use a good WiFi or cellular data connection.
4. Use High-quality Output Devices
If you use poor-quality audio output speakers or headphones, you won't get high-quality music. Yet, if you use high-quality output audio devices, you can get wonderful music quality.
Part 7. In Conclusion
In this post, you learned all about bitrate and Spotify bitrate. Also, you got tips on how to set Spotify quality bitrate. And the ways to improve Spotify music quality. By the way, using DRmare Spotify Music Converter would be the best way for you. With this tool, you can get lossless Spotify audio quality without premium. And you can adjust the Spotify streaming quality. Then you can enjoy Spotify music with a better listening quality on your device.
Leave a Comment