Google Drive is a kind of Cloud service. It offers up to 15GB of free space for all registered users. Besides, there are no limitations on devices which you can use it. You can upload common media files to it and access them anywhere through Google Drive app or website.
For uploading music files to Google Drive, users face the difficulty. They can't get Spotify to Google Drive for use. Why? In this post, we will explain the reason and the solution for you. Let's work together to find them out.
Part 1. Why You Can't Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive
Spotify is the most popular streaming music service online. Thanks to its big music library, it has attracted over 140 million active users all over the world. For a free account user, you can only stream music online. For premium users, you are allowed to download the songs for offline listening.
Google Drive supports the audio formats are MP3, WAV, Ogg and others. Yet, the Spotify songs are encrypted in the OGG Vorbis format with digital rights management protection. This means all the tracks are only accessible through the Spotify app only. If you move them to Google Drive, the files won't be opened by default.
So, if you want to get Spotify Google Drive to work, you need to rip protection and do format conversion first. To make it, you should look for a powerful tool.
Part 2. How to Save Spotify Songs to Google Drive - Best Tool
Hence, from above, you need the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to help you. With this tool, you can remove DRM from Spotify and download Spotify music as common audio files.
All Spotify users can use it to batch extract the music files to MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4B, M4A, WAV. Compared to other rivals, DRmare is superior in output quality and converting speed. This will end up saving you a lot of time and getting the lossless Spotify songs.
What's more, it has an easy-to-use interface. You can easily download and convert music from Spotify. Then you can save Spotify songs to computer for use anywhere. You can go ahead to transfer music from Spotify to Google Drive and other platforms.
DRmare Spotify to Google Drive Converter
- Intuitive interface, lifetime free update and technical support
- Keep lossless quality with up to 320Kbps and run at 5X faster speed
- Convert Spotify to FLAC, MP3, etc. for use on most devices like MP3 players, etc.
- Remove DRM copyright protection so that to back up the Spotify songs forever
Part 3. How to Download Music from Spotify to Google Drive
In this part, we will guide you on how to download Spotify songs to Google Drive. Now you can head to the DRmare Music Converter product page. Or click the "Download" button to install the software to your computer. After that, just follow these 3 steps to download Spotify playlists offline for use on Google Drive.
- Step 1Load Spotify tracks to DRmare
- When you run DRmare Spotify Converter, the Spotify app will be launched also. You can drag & drop the curated Spotify songs to the DRmare program screen. Then it will understand what files you want to convert and import them to the software working area. You can also get the URL or URI of Spotify songs you want to convert. Then put it on the search bar of DRmare and hit on + icon to load the songs.
- Note: You'd better turn off the Antivirus or Firewall. That is because they may block the software from running during converting.
- Step 2Define the output settings of Spotify for Google Drive
- In general, the music files uploaded to Google Drive depending on the web browser or some plugins to play. So please choose a universal format such as MP3 which works well with all the players. You can get ready to convert Spotify URI to MP3 and others. Besides, you can reset the audio channel, sample rate and more for Spotify songs.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for Google Drive
- By pressing "Convert" button, your Spotify songs will start to be downloaded to the local computer. When it is done, you will have the songs with original quality and full ID3 tags.
Part 4. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to Google Drive
There are many ways to upload Spotify music to Google Drive such as via the Google Drive app or the web browser. Here let's check the steps below.
Method 1. Upload Spotify Music Folder via Google Drive Website
Step 1. Log in Google Drive website with your account and password.
Step 2. You can click "New" menu. Then you can either click "Folder" to create a new folder or you can upload your music file/folder.
Step 3. When it is uploaded, you should see the Spotify music files on the folder you selected. Then you can double-click the tracks to play from the web browser.
Method 2. Drag Spotify to Google Drive on Google Drive Website
Step 1. Go to drive.google.com on your computer web browser.
Step 2. Create or open a folder from Google Drive.
Step 3. Find and drag Spotify songs to the folder to upload Spotify music to Google Drive.
Method 3. Put Spotify Music on Google Drive by Backup & Sync
Step 1. Open the Google Drive app on your computer.
Step 2. Locate and get the Google Drive folder from your computer.
Step 3. Drag and drop the converted Spotify music to Google Drive.
After that, you can play Spotify songs on Google Drive in a direct way. Or you can share Spotify playlists with friends from Google Drive.
Video Guide: How to Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive
This video tutorial shows you how to download and convert Spotify music by DRmare Music Converter. Then you will also learn how to save Spotify to Google Drive.
Extra Tips: How to Move Music Files from Google Drive to Spotify
Above we had learned how to download music from Spotify to Google Drive. Here we will show the tips on how to add music files from Google Drive to Spotify. Here you are.
Step 1. Enter Google Drive website. Then download the songs on Google Drive.
Step 2. Go to the Spotify app on your computer.
Step 3. Head to 'Settings' under your profile.
Step 4. Navigate to the 'Local Files' button and turn on the 'Show Local Files' button.
Step 5. Hit on the 'Add a Source' button. Then you can select the downloaded files from Google Drive.
Step 6. Once done, then you can click on the song to play on Spotify.