How to Save Spotify Songs to Google Drive
"I am currently subscribed to the Spotify Premium membership. It only allows me to play the music offline on 3 mobile devices. I wonder if it is possible to upload Spotify songs to my Google Drive so that I can access from many devices such as Chromebook, Windows, Android and iOS mobile phones? Another reason why I want to do this is that these playlists are very important to me, I really don't want to lose them. Thanks."
As one kind of Cloud service, Google Drive offers up to 15GB free space for all registered users. The best part of it is that there is no limitations on devices which you can use it. You can upload common photos, music, videos, documents, recordings and access them anywhere through the web browser, computer apps or mobile apps. But it doesn't work for Spotify songs. Why? Let's work together to find out the reason and explore the solution to it.
Part 1. Why You Can't Download and Upload Spotify Songs Elsewhere
Spotify is the most popular streaming music service online. Thanks to its big music library with over 40 million songs, it has attracted over 140 million active users all over the world including free and premium subscription. For a free account user, you can only stream music online. For premium users, though you are allowed to download the songs, they are encrypted in the OGG Vorbis format with the digital rights management protection. This means all the tracks are only accessiable through the Spotify app only. If you move them to Google Drive, the files won't be opened by default.
Hence, you need the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify music as common audio files for you. No matter if you are using the the free or premium account, this tool can batch extract the music files to multiple formats MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4B, M4A, WAV. Compared to other rivals, DRmare is superior in the output quality and converting speed. This will end up save you a lot of time and get the lossless Spotify songs.
View also: [Hot Review] Top 5 Spotify to MP3 Converters
DRmare Spotify Converter for Windows/Mac
- Intuitive interface, lifetime free update and technical support and full tutorials online
- Keep original quality with up to 320Kbps and run at 5X faster speed
- Convert Spotify music for most devices such as MP3 players, phones, tablets, etc.
- Remove DRM copyright protection so that to backup the Spotify songs forever
Part 2. Download Spotify Songs as MP3 Before Uploading to Google Drive
Now you can head to the product page or click the "Download" button to install the software to your computer. After that, just follow these 3 steps to download the Spotify playlists offline.
- Step 1Load Spotify tracks
- When you run DRmare Spotify Converter, the Spotify app will be launched automatically. You can drag & drop the curated songs to the DRmare program screen, it will understand what files you want to convert and import them to the software working area. Note: You'd better turn off the Antivirus or Firewall as they may block the software from running during converting.
- Step 2Define the output settings (optional)
- Generally, the music files uploaded to Google Drive depend on the web browser or some plugins to play. So please choose an universal format such as MP3 which works well with all the players. I don't mean other formats don't work, but choose "MP3" should save you a lot of hassles.
- Step 3Export Spotify playlist as MP3
- By pressing "Convert" button, your Spotify songs will start to be downloaded to the local computer. Please don't do other things on your computer so that to make sure the converting runs smoothly. When it is done, you will have the songs with original quality including the ID 3 tags, album cover, artist, author and much more.
Part 3. Upload Spotify Music to Play Anywhere
There are many ways to transfer the Spotify playlists to Google Drive such as via the Google Drive app or the web browser. It turns out that the web browser is an easiest way because you don't need to install any extra tools.
Step 1. Log in Google Drive with your account and password.
Step 2. You can click "New" menu, then you can either click "Folder" to create a new folder or you can upload your music file/folder directly.
Step 3. When it is uploaded completely, you should see the Spotify music files on the folder you selected, then you can double click the tracks to play from the web browser or Google Drive plugins.
Step 4. To access the files from your devices such as mobile phone, you can install the Google Drive app and follow the screen wizard to play them.
Video Guide: How to Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive
This video tutorial shows you the complete steps to download and convert Spotify music to save on Google Drive with the help of DRmare Spotify Music Converter.