When you find a great playlist or podcast on Spotify, you may want to enjoy it with your friends. But how to do that? No worry. Spotify introduces the Group Session feature to users to listen to music together. But how to use it?
In this post, we will show you what is Spotify Group Session. And we will guide you on how to start a Group Session on Spotify. Besides, we will introduce an alternative way to you to do Spotify Group Session without premium.
Part 1. What Is Spotify Group Session
Spotify Group Session was launched in May, 2020. It is only available for Spotify Premium users. And it supports up to 5 users to join the session. This feature allows users to share what they are listening on Spotify with their friends. And everyone in the session can listen to and control what is playing. They can stop, skip the song and alter the volume of the song.
Please note that the Group Session Spotify can support mobile devices now. You can't enjoy this feature on desktop.
Part 2. How to Start a Spotify Group Session
How to join Spotify Group Session? With a Spotify premium account, you can easily do Group Session on Spotify. In this part, we will show you how to start a Group Session on Spotify on mobile devices. Please follow the guide below.
Step 1. Open the latest version of the Spotify app on your mobile device. Then play a song you like.
Step 2. Head to the 'Now Playing' page. And then click on the 'device' icon at the bottom left.
Step 3. Choose the 'Start a remote group session' option to start Spotify Group Session.
Step 4. Touch the 'Invite friends' button to share the group link or let your friends scan the QR code.
Step 5. Once your friends opened the link you share or scan the invite QR code, they can click on the 'Join session' button to join Group Session Spotify.
How to Leave Spotify Group Session
If you want to end the Group Session started by yourself, you can hit on the 'End session' button. And then click on the 'Verify' button to confirm. If you are the one who are invited to the Group Session, then you can tap the 'LEAVE SESSION' option to leave this Group Session on Spotify.
Part 3. How to Fix Spotify Group Session Not Working
Spotify Group Session not working or no sound? If you meet such an issue when using Group Session on Spotify, then please no worry. In this section, we will show some solutions for you to resolve this issue. Please check the fixes below.
See also: Fix No Sound on Spotify
1. Alter the volume on your mobile device. Please go to adjust the volume on your mobile phone or tablet to see whether the Group Session Spotify not working issue is fixed.
2. Force close and restart the Spotify app. You can force quit the Spotify app on your device. Then restart it again.
3. Restart your device and reopen the Spotify app. Try to restart your mobile device and relaunch the Spotify app. Then check if the issue is solved.
4. Close other apps running on your mobile device. If there are other apps running in the background on your device, then please go to close them.
Part 4. How to Do Spotify Group Session without Premium
We know that Group Session Spotify is only available for Spotify Premium users. So, is there any fix on how to start Spotify Group Session on desktop without premium? Of course, yes. In this part, we will introduce a tool to help you do a Group Session on Spotify without premium.
This tool is DRmare Spotify Downloader. It can help download and convert Spotify music to common audio files. So, you can keep them on your local device and share the songs with your friends. And then you can listen to Spotify music with your friends without premium and without the Spotify Group Session feature.
With DRmare Spotify Music Converter, the Spotify songs can be output as MP3, FLAC, WAV and more. Thus, you can use those Spotify music files on any device or player you want. Besides, this tool can preserve the original quality and full ID3 tags of the Spotify audio tracks. In this case, you can enjoy a better listening experience of your Spotify songs on the device you like.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Start a Group Session on Spotify without Premium
Now, here we will show you how to convert and download songs from Spotify via the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. And then you will learn how to start Spotify Group Session without premium and share Spotify songs with your friends.
- Step 1Import Spotify music tracks to DRmare Music Converter
- Start the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer once you installed it. You will then get its main screen. Also, you will get the Spotify app as it will pop up when the DRmare tool launched. Here you need to add any song you like from the Spotify app to the DRmare software. Please directly drag and drop the Spotify song to the DRmare Music Converter's main screen. And the songs will be loaded in it. Or you can get the link to the Spotify music track and put the link to the search bar on DRmare program. And then tap the plus icon to load the songs.
- Step 2Customize Spotify output format
- In order to use Spotify music successfully, you need to change its output audio format. In the DRmare Spotify Music Converter, there are six options for you to choose. You can set Spotify to MP3, AAC, WAV and others. Also, to get a better output quality of Spotify songs, you can change the audio channel, bit rate, and more.
- Step 3Download Spotify music
- Click on the 'Convert' button to convert and download Spotify songs without premium. After then, you could check the 'Converted' icon to locate the converted Spotify music on your computer. Then you can save the Spotify audio forever and share Spotify music with your friends without the Spotify Group Session feature.
Part 5. FAQs about Spotify Group Session
Q1: How to Do a Group Session on Spotify on PC?
A: Now, there is no official way to start a Spotify Group Session PC. The Group Session Spotify now only works on mobile devices.
Q2: How Does Spotify Group Session Work?
A: With a Spotify premium plan, you can play a song on Spotify. Then hit on the 'device' icon to go to start a Group Session on Spotify.
Q3: Can I Use Spotify Group Session for Free?
A: Nope. Spotify's Group Session function requires a Spotify Premium account.
Q4: Can You Start Spotify Group Session without Premium?
A: In general, you can't. But you can make it with the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. With it, you can convert and save Spotify songs to your local device. And then you can share and listen to Spotify music with your friends without Spotify Group Session. Also, you can move those local Spotify audio to any device you like to enjoy anytime.