Now, more and more people would like to listen to music while in bed every night. But going to sleep with music on would run the risk of draining your battery, doing harm to your ear, etc. Fortunately, as the popular music streaming services, Spotify firstly added a sleep timer to its Android app in the earlier May of 2019 and lately also makes the feature available for Spotify users on iPhone in December 2019.
In this post, we will show you how to use sleep timer for Spotify on Android and iPhone as well as introduce an extra tip for you to download and convert Spotify music. Just keep reading and learn more.
- Part 1. What is Spotify Sleep Timer
- Part 2. Set Sleep Timer on Spotify Android and iPhone
- Part 3. Extra Tip: How to Free Download Spotify Music
Part 1. What's the function of Spotify Sleep Timer and How to Get it
Spotify Sleep Timer is a feature of Spotify, which can help those who want to go to bed with Spotify playing on their Android and iOS devices and stops playing automatically while they are asleep.
It is a nice function you can't miss. You can set the time to play the music and stop it, which allows you to select a countdown timer between five minutes and an hour. Once the time has elapsed, the audio fades out so that Spotify won't play all night. With this feature, it can help you save the battery and get a good night's sleep.
To enjoy sleep timer for Spotify, please make sure that you had downloaded the latest version of Spotify app from the App Store. For iPhone users, if you don't see the function in the Spotify app, please check back later in the day.
If you had got the latest version of Spotify, then let's move to the next part and see how to use sleep timer on Spotify Android and iPhone.
Part 2. How to Use Sleep Timer Spotify Android and iPhone
In this part, we are going to show you how to set a sleep timer for Spotify on Android and iPhone. It is pretty easy to operate and below are the steps for you. Just follow the tutorial to begin.
Sleep Timer Spotify Android
For Android users, after you had updated the app, then you could select whatever Spotify music you would like to listen to as you fall asleep. Then follow the steps below to set the sleep timer on Spotify.
Step 1. Once you chose the music track, then click on the three-dot icon on the top right of the "Now Playing" screen on Spotify.
Step 2. Scroll down and look for the "Sleep Timer", then touch on it.
Step 3. In the new pop-up window, you could choose the time to stop audio according to your needs.
Step 4. After that, the sleep timer for Spotify on your Android will be set.
Sleep Timer Spotify iPhone
For iPhone users, here we will give a more detailed guidance for you to set sleep timer on Spotify iPhone.
Step 1. Update Spotify to the latest version and open it on your iPhone.
Step 2. Start to play the music or podcast you would like to listen to.
Step 3. Choose the "Now Playing" screen and you will see the artwork and playback controls are front and center.
Step 4. Tap on the three dots in the top-right of the screen if you are listening to music. Besides, if you are playing a podcast, then you could hit on the little moon icon in the bottom-right corner.
Step 5. Scroll down and choose "Sleep Timer" in the list.
Step 6. Choose the duration of your timer. There are six increments for you to choose from, between five minutes and an hour. If you fall asleep quickly, then you could choose "End of track" or "End of episode".
Note: If you set the sleep timer for Spotify, but you haven't fallen asleep yet, then you could go back in and touch either "Turn off timer" or select more time.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify Music Tracks for Free
From above, you had learned how to use Spotify sleep timer while you want to listen to music in bed. Now we would like to give a bonus for Spotify users who want to download Spotify music for offline listening.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac is the best tool that you should keep. Combined with the latest and most advanced audio decryption technology, this powerful tool can help download Spotify songs with faster speed and convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, etc. without touching original quality.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
- Keep original ID 3 tags, meta data, enhance the bit rate to 320Kbps
- Rip right protection from Spotify for free with up to 5X converting speed
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4A and other audio formats
- Lifetime free update, 24/7 technical support and 60 days' money back guarantee
Just in a few steps, then you will download the Spotify songs as common audio files offline. In this way, it will save more money for you as well as ditch any playback issues.
- Step 1Load Spotify music tracks to DRmare
- Open DRmare program, and Spotify app will be launched automatically at the same time. Then simply drag and drop any playlists, artists, songs, radio to the main screen of DRmare Music Downloader. Or you can also copy and paste the link of Spotify music tracks to the search box on DRmare program main interface and hit on "+" to add the files in.
- Step 2Set output format for Spotify songs
- Please click on the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your Mac Menu and open the setting the mode. Then you could define the format, channel, bit rate, sample rate and other audio parameters as you like.
- Step 3Download Spotify audios offline for free
- Now, you could click the "Convert" button too start to convert Spotify music tracks. After conversion, the converted files will be saved to your computer and then you can locate and check them on your computer. At last, you can stream those music files to any other devices for offline playback.
Leave a Comment