"Can you listen to Spotify on Apple Watch offline?" Currently, Spotify Apple Watch works well. Users can listen to any Spotify songs they want on Apple Watch. With Spotify Premium, you can download Spotify music offline and play it on Apple Watch. Yet, Spotify free users are not allowed to do that.
But no worry. Below you can find ways on how to get Spotify Apple Watch offline with and without Spotify premium. Just follow the detailed guide and get started.
Part 1. How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch via Spotify Apple Watch App
As a Spotify user with an Apple Watch, the best way to stream Spotify music from the Apple Watch is by using the official Spotify Apple Watch app. It enables you to control music, create your own playlists, use the Spotify Connect feature, etc.
Here, let's see how to download the Apple Watch Spotify app and how to use it well.
Section 1. Install Spotify on Apple Watch
a. From the Watch App on iPhone
Step 1. Install and launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Step 2. Please check whether the Spotify app is downloaded in the 'My Watch' tab. If not, please install it under the 'Available Apps' option.
Note: Please make sure you had paired your Apple Watch with your iPhone with Bluetooth.
b. From the App Store on Apple Watch
Step 1. Power on your watch. Then go to Home screen and launch the App Store.
Step 2. Hit 'Search' to find the Spotify app.
Step 3. Click on 'Spotify' to get its details. Then press 'Get'.
Step 4. When the tips pop up, double-click the side button to install Spotify on Apple Watch.
Section 2. Download Spotify Music to Apple Watch for Listening Offline without Phone
Step 1. Open the installed Spotify app on your iPhone and go to 'Your Library'.
Step 2. Discover the playlist that you want to download to your watch.
Step 3. Choose the songs and hit on the three-dot to select 'Download to Apple Watch'.
Step 4. Once downloaded the songs, you can see a green arrow displays next to their titles.
Step 5. Now, pair your headphones with your Apple Watch. Then you can start to play Spotify on Apple Watch offline without phone. Also, you can control Spotify on Apple Watch from your wrist. And you can use Siri to voice control your Spotify music streaming.
Note: Only Spotify Premium users can do that. Also, only 50 tracks per playlist can be downloaded.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch Offline without Premium - Best Way
"Can you use Spotify on Apple Watch offline without premium?" Of course. Apple Watch allows users to upload up to 2GB of local music files to the device. We can figure out an alternative way to get Spotify Apple Watch offline. Just convert Spotify music to plain MP3 files with the third-party professional Spotify song converter. And then you can make full control of converted Spotify playlists on Apple Watch.
To convert Spotify songs for Apple Watch, please download and install DRmare Music Converter for Spotify. It is an extraordinary Spotify song downloader and converter in the market.
You can use this smart software to convert Spotify songs to common audio formats, like MP3, with zero quality loss. Also, you can use this Spotify music downloader to download playlists, and albums for offline listening. Even if you are using a free Spotify subscription, you can use it without any issue.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Download and Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch
You can refer to the following tutorial. It shows you how to download Spotify songs to Apple Music and convert Spotify to MP3 files. Here we go.
- Step 1Add Spotify music files to DRmare
- To add Spotify songs to DRmare Spotify Music Converter, there are two methods for your choice. You can drag and drop wanted Spotify playlists or albums to the DRmare's conversion window. Also, you are allowed to use URL link included Spotify tracks in DRmare search box. Then press the '+' icon next to the search box. DRmare will analyze and load the tracks for you.
- Step 2Set MP3 as output format for Spotify Apple Watch
- Please touch the top menu > Preferences to launch the format window. And then you can choose MP3 as the output format for Apple Watch. In fact, MP3 is the default output format for DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader. So you can skip this step. Of course, you can also set other Apple Watch compatible format as the output format.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Apple Watch
- Once all settings are ready, please click the Convert button at the bottom-right corner of the main screen. DRmare Music Converter for Spotify will remove DRM from Spotify. And then convert Spotify OGG files to Apple Watch supported MP3 files. Generally speaking, DRmare software can work at 5X faster speed.
- Step 4Transfer and play Spotify on Apple Watch without phone
- Now, Spotify music tracks converted to unprotected MP3 files that compatible with Apple Watch. It's time to sync Spotify music to Apple Watch with the help of iPhone by following a step-by-step guide.
- Please connect iPhone with your computer via USB cable or the same WiFi.
- And then you can sync Spotify to iPhone new playlists via iTunes from computer local folder.
- Now, you can pair your iPhone and Apple Watch through Bluetooth.
- Once connected, please open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Then tap My Watch -> Music -> Add Music to sync the new playlist including Spotify playlists to Apple Watch.
- Once the sync's over, you can control Spotify from Apple Watch even without an iPhone nearby. Have a try and listen to Spotify on Apple Watch with ease.
- Video TutorialDownload Spotify playlist to Apple Watch
Here you can get a clear guide to download Spotify music to Apple Watch. Then you can go ahead to play Spotify on Apple Watch. Just check it below.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify on Apple Watch Series 5 via Spotty
DRmare Spotify Music Converter can download any track from Spotify and convert them to common audio formats. However, if you have already subscribed to Spotify premium, there is free software namely Spotty to help you play Spotify on Apple Watch.
Step 1. Download and install the Spotty freeware on your paired iPhone.
Step 2. Sign in your Spotify premium account. Then you will see the whole list of your Spotify tracks in the interface of Spotty.
Step 3. Pair your iPhone and Apple Watch via Bluetooth.
Step 4. Flip the sync switch in Spotty. Then Spotify songs will be processed and transferred to your Apple Watch.
Once the syncing process finishes, you need to pop up your Apple Watch from Spotty software and Apple Watch will switch into offline mode. Now, you can use Spotify on Apple Watch freely.
Part 4. Tips to Fix Spotify Not Working on Apple Watch
You may meet the issue that Spotify not working on Apple Watch sometimes. Or, you will face 'Spotify download to Apple Watch stuck' issue. Don't worry. Here we list some solutions for you to fix such issue. Just check more detail below.
1. Check whether your Apple Watch is connected to WiFi. If not, please connect the same WiFi with your Apple Watch and iPhone. Then try Spotify once again.
2. Check whether the Bluetooth on Apple Watch is enabled. If not, turn it on on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
3. Force close and restart the Spotify app on your Apple Watch. Close the Spotify app and then restart it on your Apple Watch to see whether it can work.
4. Restart Apple Watch device. By doing this, it will clear out all opened apps. Then power on the Apple Watch again and try to launch Spotify app again.
5. Update your Apple Watch and the Spotify app. Check whether the Spotify app and Apple Watch is updated or not. If not, please update it to the latest version.
6. Delete the Spotify app on your Apple Watch. Please delete the app completely. Then reinstall it again to your Watch.
If all the solutions above don't work, you can try the way in Part 2.
Part 5. In Conclusion
In this post, we had learned more about Spotify Apple Watch. You also get tips on how to play Spotify on Apple Watch. You can use the way with or without Spotify premium as you want. By the way, with DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you have more options to enjoy Spotify songs. You can set the output format of Spotify music for use on different devices and more. Just follow the guide above and get started.