Ultimate Guide: Make Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone
Q: It's the moment of embarrassment when I pick up the ringing iPhone to answer the phone but I discover this familiar iPhone ringtone is from others' phone. At that moment, I determined to make an excellent ringtone for iPhone. As a Spotify music addict, I have collected lots of favorite Spotify songs. So here, I wonder to know is there any way to make Spotify music as iPhone ringtone?
Most of us might meet the same situation because of the classical iPhone ringtone. Why not try to set popular songs from Spotify, like Oops of Little Mix and Charlie Puth as your ringtone? If you are interested in it, don't miss the following tutorial. I will show you successful experience on how to get Spotify music as a ringtone for iPhone.
View also: How to Download Spotify Music on iPhone
Part 1. Everything We Should Know about Spotify Music and iPhone
With the purpose of making Spotify songs as iPhone ringtone, you are required to subscribe a Spotify premium for downloading music from Spotify or discover a professional Spotify music downloader or recorder to achieve this goal. Because you are free to enjoy Spotify songs, playlists, and albums online only with a registered account.
However, the biggest obstacle is that even you have downloaded Spotify tracks completely, downloaded Spotify music files are encoded in OGG format with built-in DRM copyright technology. Therefore, Spotify songs are not compatible with iPhone and you can't edit Spotify protected music to iPhone ringtone directly. But don't worry. There are so many music converters for Spotify in the market, which are capable of removing DRM from any Spotify content as well as convert protected Spotify music to iPhone supported formats, like AAC and MP3.
In the following article, I will introduce one of the best Spotify music converters for you and give the complete guide to convert Spotify songs and set DRM-free downloaded Spotify music as iPhone ringtone. Now, let’s start to make a pleasure ringtone for your phone.
Part 2. How to Remove DRM and Download Music from Spotify
As for the professional Spotify DRM removal software, we can meet DRmare Music Converter for Spotify that is not only a DRM remover but also a music converter for Spotify. With innovative DRM decryption technology, it is able to break DRM lock of Spotify tracks without touching original quality. At the same time, you can download and convert Spotify songs, playlists and albums to iPhone compatible files by setting the output format as AAC, MP3 or other formats, no matter you are using a free or paid Spotify subscription.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download all kinds of tracks, albums, artists, playlists from Spotify
- Batch convert thousands of Spotify songs with up to 5X converting speed
- Remove DRM while keeping the original quality to export to MP3, AAC, M4A
- Play the converted music files on unlimited mobile devices, portable players
You can click the above download link to install free version of this smart tool on your computer and test its performance before purchasing it. Here we go.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs/playlists to DRmare
- There are two ways for you to import Spotify songs to DRmare software. One is to drag and drop Spotify songs, playlists and albums to the conversion windows of DRmare directly. The other is to copy/paste the URL link of favorite Spotify tracks to search box of the mian screen and press the "+" button.
- Step 2Define output format as MP3 or AAC
- iPhone is compatible with MP3, AAC and others. So you can go to the Preference menu to open the format setting window, in which you can see a list of supported output formats and you can choose one of them as output format for iPhone. In this step, you can customize other output parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, codec, etc. as you like.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Spotify songs for iPhone
- Once you pressed the "Convert" button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, DRmare Music Converter for Spotify will automatically remove DRM from Spotify music when converting added songs to iPhone compatible files. Generally speaking, it can work at 5X faster speed.
Part 3. How to Set Converted Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone
Congratulations! No matter you are a free or paid Spotify user, you can locate downloaded Spotify songs and playlists on the destination folder and play them on any device and media player without any restriction. Now, back to topics, in order to make a Spotify ringtone for iPhone, the next thing is setting Spotify songs as iPhone ringtone.
There are two ways for you to use Spotify tracks as iPhone ringtone. One way is using a smart iPhone ringtone maker, such as Syncios. But you can also get help from iTunes to complete this process directly. You can refer to the simple tutorial as below.
Step 1. Launch iTunes and import non-DRM Spotify music to iTunes library. If you don't know how to start the first step, you can visit this source page: How to Transfer Spotify Songs to iTunes.
Step 2. Start to discover the Spotify song that you'd like to make a ringtone. Once found out, you can right click the Get Info menu.
Step 3. You can open the editing window by clicking the Options icon, where you can set the Sart Time and Stop Time of Spotify music ringtone. And then please right click imported Spotify song again to select Create AAC Version button to get an excellent 30-second ringtone of Spotify.
Step 4. Now, you can save this new ringtone you made to a folder on your computer via dragging&dropping action. And then you need to open this folder contained Spotify ringtone and change the file extension from .m4a to m4r.
Step 5. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
Step 6. Double click this ringtone and it will automatically save in your iTunes's ringtone library. The last step is to sync your iPhone and iTunes and choose added Spotify song as iPhone ringtone.
- Video Tutorial