How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook [Full Tutorial]
One of the great features of Spotify Music is that it enables users to share their favorite playlists, albums with friends, family members through Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc. That is really cool and fun. However, it may post every song you played to Facebook for all your friends without any notifications. This is annoying and sometimes you may feel your privacy is violated.
Well, please just don't worry, there is an easy way to hide your currently playing music from the Facebook ticker. Just go to the Spotify's settings window and then scroll download to to the "Social" section and unselect the boxes in front of "Automatically make new playlists public" and "Show my current Top Artists". So easy, right? But if you feel insecure about it, you can also remove Spotify from Facebook throughly. Following are the top ways to do that.
View also: How to Share iTunes Movies to Facebook
Part 1. How to Remove Facebook from Spotify on Your Computer
Before you get started, please make sure your account is created with email instead of signing up with Facebook. You will be able to remove Facebook from Spotify on the desktop app easily. Note: It doesn't support to complete the task on mobile devices now.
Step 1. Open the Spotify Desktop app and sign in with your account name and password.
Step 2. In the top-right corner, click the icon which looks like a down arrow and then choose "Setting", it will open the "Settings" Window.
Step 3. Scroll down to the "Facebook" section and then click the button "DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK".
View also: Tips to Clear Spotify Cache of Any Devices
Part 2. How to Remove the Spotify App Logged in with Facebook on Mobile
On the other hand, if your Spotify account is logged with Facebook, you can't simply unlink Facebook. But you can go to your Facebook page/app to remove the integrated Spotify app too.You can do this via computers or mobile devices. Here I take the iPhone for example to show how it works.
Step 1. Click the blue app with white "f" icon to open Facebook on your iPhone and login with the account phone number/email and password.
Step 2. Tap the hamburger icon, scroll down and click "Settings" > "Account Settings" > "Apps" > "Logged in with Facebook".
Step 3. You will see a list of Apps, please find and click "Spotify" from the list.
Step 4. Finally you can click "Remove" to remove the Spotify app from your Facebook account and revoke Spotify's ability to post on Facebook.
Note: In this way, your Spotify account will be removed and you won't have access to it after it is done. So please make sure you have already backup your music before you do that.
More Tips: Create a New Spotify Account without Facebook
If you still can't find the option to preventing Facebook from posting your Spotify songs automatically, maybe it it time to create a new Spotify account from scratch. When doing that, please choose the option to sign up with an email address and password instead of logging in with Facebook. As for your original existing music including tracks, albums, playlists and follower, you can contact Spotify support team to transfer them to your new account. Or you can simply download all the Spotify songs offline and add them to your new accounts manually.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader for Windows/Mac is an useful tool which is specialized for getting rid of the music DRM protection so as to have a better listening experience. Equipped with the advanced music recording technology, you can save your music files at an up to 5X speed while keeping 100% original quality. By extracting the songs, you don't need to worry about losing any files but also get the privilege to distribute them freely. Now you can download the free trial version and follow the quick steps on how to use Spotify without Facebook.
View also: Top 5 Great Spotify to MP3 Converters
Best DRmare Spotify Recorder
- User-friendly interface, you don't have to be a tech savvy person to use it
- Powerful enough to download all Spotify tracks, playlists, radio and so on
- Convert Spotify songs to many formats such as MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A, FLAC, WAV
- One stop solution to download, convert and archive the music by album/artist
- Step 1Add Spotify playlist
- DRmare software is designed to download and convert simultaneously. Generally you just need to login with your original Facebook account and then drag and drop your saved Spotify songs/albums/playlists to DRmare program interface.
- Step 2Set output streaming format (optional)
- As a standard users, you may just keep the default settings as "MP3" and it should work perfectly. Unless you have any special requirements, you can simply go to the "Preferences" window of the software and change the settings as you want.
- Step 3Export Spotify Music
- After that, you can head to the bottom of the software and click "Convert", it should start to save all the Spotify music to your local computer. The software supports to convert up to 200 songs at a time. If you just have a big playlist, please wait patiently for it to convert completely.
- When it is done, you can import the converted songs/playlists to your new Spotify account. Just sign in and then go to the "Preferences" window and click "Add a source" menu to import the songs. In this way, you will get rid of the Facebook from your Spotify account but also keep your original music.