Q: "How can I import Tidal music to video? I am using Camtasia to edit a video on my PC. I have a Tidal subscription, but I can't add the downloaded Tidal music files into Camtasia. There are no Tidal files on my local computer. When will Tidal get integrated with Camtasia? Or is there any trick to add Tidal tracks to video in Camtasia?"
Currently, it is impossible to directly add music to video from Tidal, whether you are using Camtasia, iMovie, or any other video editors. No details on the official integration of Tidal and any video editing software up to now. But there is still a feasible workaround to help to load Tidal songs to video. Just read this article carefully to learn how to add Tidal Music to video.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music to Video from Tidal
Do you know the reason why you can't find Tidal music files in a local folder? It is due to a kind of digital music protection, which exists in every piece of Tidal song. The pro is that prevents users from illegally pirate and distribute music. And the con is also obvious: subscribers don't have the ownership of any songs, even if they have paid monthly subscription fee. Some streaming music services will provide an individual store for buying tracks, for example, songs and albums in Apple Music can be bought singly. But Tidal doesn't give this choice to its customers. It only offers a single subscription mode. And Tidal fans can only listen to their favorite streams in Tidal app, online or offline.
Therefore, to get the ownership of Tidal songs for personal use, you need a third-party audio converter to take off the protection from Tidal tracks. In the market, there are many similar products named Tidal converter, but most of them are Tidal recorder in essential. The difference between converter and recorder is the way how it recodes the audio data. The converter processes the original Tidal music data, while the recorder just records the sound that Tidal plays. The former one keeps more complete data, which means it saves a better quality.
Among the various Tidal music converter, DRmare Tidal Music Converter is the best choice, which is a specific music converter for Tidal songs. With a simple design of the user's interface, every new user can quickly learn about how to convert Tidal songs to MP3,FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B and so forth. These universal audio formats are supported by any video editing program. Besides, the latest converting technology can help to save all raw parameters, including artists, albums, titles, album art, etc. It is easy for you to find the track in an ordered music library.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Part 2. How to Stream Tidal Music to Video for Editing
Now you can check this detailed tutorial to see how to add music to video from Tidal via DRmare Tidal Music Converter.
- Step 1Adjust audio formats and parameters for video software
- Install DRmare Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal desktop app on your computer first. Then open DRmare TidiKit Music Converter and log in your Tidal account. Next, you can set the output audio parameters for Tidal first. On Mac, you can go to Apple's menu bar on Mac, and click the 'DRmare Tidal Music Converter for Mac' under it. On PC, you can click the top menu bar on the main interface of DRmare. Then choose the 'Preferences' > 'Advanced' to get the setting window.
- Now, you are available to reset the output format to any audio format. As a suggestion, FLAC can save the best quality. About other audio parameters, you can set the bit depth to 24 bit, sample rate to 96000Hz. Last, you can select the way how to classify the output tracks, by artist or by album.
- Step 2 Add Tidal playlists to DRmare
- Next, go to browse and find the Tidal playlists you like and select. Click on the target playlist and the 'add files' button on the right side will shine. Then hit on it to load the playlist to DRmare. You can choose some tracks you want to convert. Then touch on the 'Convert' button.
- Step 3Convert and download Tidal songs as local files
- Here you can see the real conversion speed in the conversion window. Tracks in higher quality will take more time than the normal ones. After conversion, you can click the 'Converted' > 'Search' to locate the local folder on the computer. Now you can add these local Tidal tracks to any video editor as background music.