"Has anyone got the same issue that play next not showing up on Apple Music? It works perfectly before I update the iOS system on my iPhone. I really like this feature. Is there a way to get it back? " - Question from Apple community
When you are listening to a specified album or playlist, iTunes or the Apple Music app will be able to play the next songs automatically. But what if you suddenly recall a favorite song you like or you want to get different music to match your mood? Is it possible to manage the playlist queue quickly without exiting it? Sure, you can refer to the Apple Music Up Next feature. It was modified in the new iOS 10 but it still works. In this post we will show you how to do that on iTunes and iOS app easily.
View also: How to Disable Apple Music Explicit Content
Part 1. Use Up Next with Apple Music App
The mobile version Apple Music app works on iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad Pro, iPod Touch, Android phones and Windows mobile devices. If you have Apple TV or HomePod nearby, you can use the music app on your iOS devices to control the playback list too. These features including viewing, adding/removing/rearranging songs in the Up Next list. It is extremely helpful when you are having a music party with your families or friends. The tips to use play next on all these devices are almost the same, here I will take iPhone to illustrate it.
View Songs Playing Next
It is fairly easy. But if you are the first time user, you may have no idea about it, so I will go ahead to explain it in details. When you are on the playback window of the an album or playlist, just tap or swipe up on the player, you will see the Up Next queue as well as the playback history. Unless you set the shuffle mode, the queue will follow the same order.
Add Music to the Queue
If you want to let the app to play other music you like, you can find the song, album, playlist you like and then 3D touch or tab it. After that tap the 3-dot icon and choose "Play Next" or "Play Later". Any music that you choose to play later will appear at the bottom of the queue and the one you choose to play next will appear at the top of the queue.
Remove Music from the Queue
You can find the song you don't like on the Apple Music app on your iPhone and then swipe left to delete it immediately.
Rearrange Songs on the Queue
On the "Up Next" window, tap the 3-horizontal-line icon, it will show you all the tracks in the list. Please just drag and drop the one to your desired place.
Part 2. Manage "Play Next" Queue on Windows/Mac Computers
If you are having a computer such as Windows or Mac, you can't use the Apple Music app, but the iTunes media player directly. Likewise, you can view and manage the Up Next list quickly.
1. Click the 3-horizontal-line icon from the top of iTunes to display the items of "Up Next".
2. To add a song, album or playlist that you want to listen to after what's currently playing, just find and right-click on it. Then choose "Play Next" or "Play Later" to add it to the beginning or the end of the queue.
3. To reorder the sequence of a song, you can click and hold to drag it up and down.
4. If you want to remove an item from the Up Next on iTunes, you can hold the pointer over to the item and click the "delete" icon.
5. If you want to clear music from Up Next, just go to the Up Next screen and tap the "Clear" menu at the top.
View also: How to Strip DRM from Apple Music M4P Files
Part 3. How to Sort Apple Music Playlists on Other Devices
With the "Up Next" on iOS, Android or computers, you can control your playlists perfectly on iTunes or the Music app. But some people may prefer other players such as Windows Media Player, VLC player, DJ software which also has the great sorting features and great user experience. So can we manage the Apple Music playlist on third party players effectively?
Yes, that is possible. DRmare Apple Music Playlist Converter for Windows/Mac is a comprehensive DRM converting tool for iTunes songs, Apple Music, podcasts, audiobooks. It is equipped with the features to transform DRM audio files to new formats like MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC in a feasible way.
View also: Top 5 Awesome Apple Music Converters
Best DRM Audio Converter You Can't Miss
- Easy to use interface, help you get the job done easily and effortlessly
- Keep 100% original quality while running at a 30X faster speed
- Convert Apple Music M4P to common audio files for playback on any devices/players
- Help you get the best use of your M4P files by eliminating any encryption
DRmare software based on the iTunes to work, you can run it from your Windows or Mac computer. Before you get started, please make sure you have already prepared the the M4P files on your local computer.
- Step 1Import DRM M4P songs
- Just drag and drop the files from the iTunes library to the DRmare main screen. Or click the "Add Files" button to browse the music files.
- Step 2Choose a new format
- To get rid of the DRM protection from the original M4P songs, you can click the "Format“ icon and then select the new format you want such as MP3 from the droplist. Because it is widely supported, you won't have any problem to sort them on any media or playlist managing software or tools.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to MP3
- At last, you can one click on the "Convert" button to encode the Apple Music playlist to MP3. The time it takes depending on how many files you have. With 30X faster speed, it won't take you long but please just wait patiently.