How to Convert Apple Music to MP3
Q: I have an Apple Music subscription but couldn't play them on my portable device. It could be caused by that my device doesn't support an Apple Music app answered by Apple. As my device is compatible with MP3 format, could I confirm there is a way to convert Apple Music to MP3?
Apple Music offers tons of wonderful and pleasant music for listening and streaming. But what disappoints its fans is its limited usage. As a result, one of the common FAQs asked by many subscribers is how to convert Apple Music to MP3. By doing that, users can enjoy Apple Music streams easier and more convenient.
If you are one of the Apple Music fans who'd like to get the answer, congratulations, you are right here. We have summarized all the ways to achieve this in this article. Check them out and start to convert your Apple Music M4P files to MP3 with ease.
Part 1. Why We Need to Convert Apple Music to MP3
According to MIDiA Research, Apple Music subscribers are estimated to reach 72 million for Q1 2020. It comes with a 3-month free trial and several subscription options. The premium plan starts at $9.99 per month or $14.99 every year for up to six family members. With the subscription, you can access to 45 million songs ad-free on many devices. Up to now, Apple Music available devices are Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android Phone, and so on.
But there are still many portable and popular platforms that can't play Apple Music files. To avoid unauthorized sharing, Apple created and developed its own copyright protection technology. It's called FairPlay encryption technology. It aims to encrypt Apple’s digital content with this limitation of the technology. So are Apple Music files. Apple Music is encrypted by this technology and encoded in a unique M4P format. So, you are free to listen to Apple Music's entire catalog on selected devices only.
Besides, you don't actually own Apple Music streams. Once you have canceled the plan, Apple Music will become inoperable at all.
However, if you convert Apple Music to MP3, it could be possible to listen to Apple Music on any device. Even if you don't have an Apple Music subscription anymore, you can do that. You can keep Apple Music MP3 files forever on your computer.
Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Free
First of all, we need to clarify that not all iTunes music streams are under protection. Songs purchased from Apple Music directly are common audio files. iTunes app comes with an 'MP3 Encoder' function, which works well to rip iTunes music to MP3. If you have these audios, you can use iTunes to convert them to MP3 for free by following the below steps.
Convert Apple Music to MP3 via iTunes
Step 1. Launch the iTunes app on your computer. For Windows users, please click the 'Edit' > 'Preferences' icon. For Mac users, please click the 'iTunes' > 'Preferences' option to hit on the 'General'tab.
Step 2. Please tap the 'Import Settings...' button, it will show up a small window. You can start to click the 'Import Using' > 'MP3 Encoder' button in the new window.
Step 3. The next step is to select your favorite songs from your iTunes library that you'd like to convert to MP3. After that, please click the 'File' > 'Convert' > 'Create MP3 version' to convert iTunes music to MP3 for free.
1. The converted MP3 files are not the same as original quality.
2. If your songs purchased before 2009, this way couldn't work on those files.
3. If you are using macOS 10.15, you can convert iTunes songs to MP3 via the Music app instead of iTunes. Because iTunes has divided into 3 parts on macOS Catalina 10.15.
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 - Best Way
It's obvious that the above way is not available for users who are subscribing Apple Music plan. To solve it, here, we will introduce the best way of converting Apple Music to MP3.
Best Apple Music to MP3 Converter in 2020
Here, we can meet DRmare Apple Music to MP3 Converter, is well-designed for Apple Music fans. It's an easy-to-use yet all-in-one restriction removal software. It can remove protection from Apple Music, iTunes M4P music, M4B audiobooks, and more.
As the name suggests, it's also a professional Apple Music converter. It gives users the ability to convert Apple Music files to MP3 at 30X faster speed. Also other popular audio formats, like WAV, AAC, M4A, FLAC are available to select. It’s worth mentioning that the output quality created by this tool is as excellent as CD quality. And all original ID3 tags can be preserved in converted unprotected MP3 files.
With this stunning Apple Music converter, you can get Apple Music free forever. And it's able to listen to Apple Music on any device and player, even if you are not a member of subscribers.
DRmare Apple Music to MP3 Converter
- Break the lock of protection from Apple Music streams
- Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 and other common formats
- Customize output parameters, like ID3 tags and chapter info
- Unbelievable fast converting speed and keeping lossless quality
How to Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3
Please download and install this smart Apple Music to MP3 converter on your computer. You can refer to the detailed instruction below to learn how to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 audios. After that, you can play Apple Music MP3 files on the most popular MP3 players freely.
- Step 1Import downloaded protected Apple Music to DRmare
- Double click to launch DRmare Apple Music Converter from your desktop. You will see there are two "Add Files" buttons in the main interface. To import Apple Music files for converting, please touch the second Add button at the bottom-left corner of the main UI. And then, you can choose favorite Apple Music streams from the iTunes library. Or you can drag and drop Apple Music M4P files to the main interface of DRmare software directly.
- Note: Note: DRmare Apple Music Converter can also convert common audio files. To import unprotected audios to DRmare software, please click the first Add option. After that, you can choose wanted audio tracks as you like. This tool also works to convert Audible AA/AAX files to MP3. When you click the second Add button, your all protected audio files are listed in the new window. You can select Audible files to this software.
- Step 2Set Apple Music output format as MP3
- To convert Apple Music to MP3 files, please touch the small 'Format' option like the 'audio' icon. DRmare Apple Music M4P Converter will pop up a new window, in which you can see a format list. You can choose the target MP3 format as the output format by simply touching the MP3 icon. By the way, in this step, you can click the 'Edit' button to change the ID tags and chapter info. You can customize year, artwork, artist, disc number, album, track number, genre, and so on.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to MP3 at 30X Speed
- You can set the destination folder according to your needs or keep it by default. When all settings are ready, you have to tap the 'Convert' button to launch the conversion process. DRmare Apple Music Converter will automatically convert Apple Music files to MP3. Once the converting process finishes, you can locate the unprotected MP3 songs on the target folder you set before.
Video Guide: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 at 30X Speed
Now you'll also follow the detailed video demo below to learn how to convert your Apple Music M4P to MP3 easily.
Part 4. Benefits of Converting Apple Music to MP3
Now, we have gotten MP3 files from Apple Music. What are the benefits we have now? That's to say, what we can do with Apple Music MP3 tracks? Let's find them below:
1. Sync Apple Music files to other devices that don't have an Apple Music app.
2. Play Apple Music streams on any device and player, like MP3 devices, Android tablets, PS4, PS3, Xbox One.
3. You can keep Apple Music forever and listen to them forever without the subscription.
4. Play Apple Music tracks on multiple devices simultaneously without the Apple Music family plan.
5. Use iTunes or WMP to burn Apple Music to CD
6. Transfer Apple Music to USB, SD card, or other devices.
7. Make Apple Music as an iPhone ringtone or Android ringtone.
There are so many advantages that you can get after converting Apple Music to MP3, aren't there? What are you waiting for? Start your trip to convert Apple Music files now.