Remove DRM from iTunes Rental Movies & Keep iTunes Rentals Forever
As one of the largest online digital stores in the world, iTunes offers its movies for both sale and rent. That's to say, users can either rent or purchase movies from iTunes upon their own needs.
Generally speaking, the iTunes movie purchases costs much more than rentals. So if you are on a budget, the rentals could be a better choice as they have the same video quality as purchases. However, the cheaper iTunes rental movies have a solid period of validity, which pulls you to watch the movies within 24 hours or 48 hours. Once the rental expires, you can't access to watch it any more unless you rent or purchase the movie again.
Thus, is there any way we can do to extend the time period of the renting movies on iTunes or permanently eliminate the time lock so that we can keep the iTunes rentals forever as we like? Please don't worry. Here we'll introduce you a simple solution to totally remove DRM from iTunes rental movies once and for all and keep them on your computer forever.
Part 1. Unlock iTunes Rental Movies Time Limit - Best Tool
In order to help you get rid of limitations from the renting movies on iTunes, here you will meet DRmare M4V Converter. It is a smart iTunes DRM removal tool that can bypass DRM lock from both iTunes rented and purchased movies.
As an all-around iTunes DRM video converter, it's designed to convert iTunes rentals from DRM-protected M4V format to commonly used MP4, M4V, etc. video formats while keeping the original quality, such as all audio tracks and subtitles, including Dolby 5.1 surround sound and CC. It also supports preset media player and devices, like Android phones, tablets, game consoles, smart TVs, etc.
Besides, you can trim the iTunes rental movies and add effects to make them more wonderful according to your needs. And the conversion speed is faster, which can save lots of your times.
DRmare iTunes Rental Movies Converter
Part 2. Remove DRM from Rented iTunes Movies - Quick Guide
Now please download and install the free version of DRmare iTunes M4V Converter on your Mac or PC by clicking the "Download" button above. After installing you can follow the steps below to begin ripping restrictions from iTunes rental movies.
- Step 1Add iTunes rentals to DRmare M4V Converter
- Launch DRmare iTunes Rentals Converter, then you should click "Add" button on the bottom left to load iTunes library. Next you can browse and choose rented movies on iTunes in the drop down panel. Then click "OK" to begin importing the rentals into DRmare. Or you are also allowed to add the movies via drag-and-drop.
- Step 2Set output format and directory
- After adding iTunes rental movies from iTunes library, you can choose to keep all audio tracks and subtitles or specific ones by clicking the subtitles and tracks panel in each column. And you can click "Edit" icon to start to trim and edit your iTunes videos. Then click "Format" option to set the output format as you like. If you want to keep the exactly same quality, you should choose Lossless MP4 or Lossless M4V in the "HD Video" panel. Then click "OK" button to save all the settings.
- Step 3Start to remove DRM from iTunes rentals
- Now, please click the "Convert" button at the bottom right of the main interface and it will start to convert your renting movies on iTunes to DRM-free MP4 or other formats. When the conversion finishes, you'll get the DRM-free iTunes rental movies files so that you can keep them forever and play them on any device without limitation.
Part 3. iTunes Rentals: More You Should Know
Being protected by Apple's FairPlay DRM technology, the movies rented from iTunes are restricted in many aspects, including the limited valid period, playback devices, etc. Here let's have a brief understanding of the common restrictions brought by the iTunes rental movies as below.
Time Limit for Watching Rented Movies on iTunes
How long can you rent a movie on iTunes? Or what's iTunes rental period? Specifically, if you rent a movie from iTunes Store, you only get 30 days to keep the rented movies on your devices and 24 hours (in US) or 48 hours (in other countries) to finish watching the movie once started. And when the time is due, the film will disappear from your library. You have to rent it again if you want to continue watching the movie.
Device Limit to Play iTunes Rental Movies
Because of the DRM copy-protection, you can only play the movie rentals on iTunes compatible devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Besides, the rented movies on iTunes can only exist on one device at a time. That's to say, you need to transfer the rental movie every time if you want to change a device.
System Requirements of Renting Movies on iTunes
Not all devices are allowed to rent iTunes movies. For a Mac or PC, it will require the installation of iTunes with the version 10 or later. And if you would like to rent the iTunes movies on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you should confirm those iOS devices are running iOS 3.1.3 or later.