How to Play iTunes Audiobooks on Android Devices [2020 Updated]
Audiobooks are becoming more and more popular by people. And it makes the job easier to listen to the audio files while doing something else. However, for Android users who like to listen to iTunes audiobooks, it is not an easy job.
Why? In this article, we are going to explain why it is hard to listen to audiobooks from iTunes on Android. Besides, we will show a practical way for you on how to play iTunes audiobooks on Android devices in details.
Part 1. Brief Introduction to iTunes M4B Audiobooks
iTunes audiobook is the second largest audiobook source following Audible. Here we will show you the top 4 things to introduce it quickly.
1. iTunes audiobook is in a proprietary format M4B. It is different from the MP3 formats offered from Overdrive or LibriVox. The official players for M4B files are iTunes, QuickTime.
2. M4B audiobooks are limited within Apple's ecosystem due to the DRM protection. Generally, you can only listen to them from computers with iTunes and iOS devices. Android devices are not in the list.
3. iTunes audiobooks are available for buying and downloading, not subscription. You can own it for a lifetime in theory. But you may still have the chance to lose it if the publisher put it off the store.
4. iTunes covers all the main audiobook categories, but it still doesn't have as much books as Audible.
Part 2. How to Play iTunes Audiobooks on Android
From above, we know that playing M4B on Android is not allowed due to the DRM protection. So what we need to do is to remove DRM from iTunes audiobooks.
DRmare iTunes Audiobook Converter for Windows is developed to free DRM from a lot of audio files. And it can output a lot of common files. Besides, it can keep original audio quality after converting.
With DRmare iTunes Audiobooks Converter, you can play M4B on Android devices you want.
Can't wait to listen to iTunes M4B on Android phones and tablets? Let's get started to convert them.
- Step 1Import M4B audiobooks to DRmare
- Before converting, please download your purchased audiobooks from iTunes first. Then you can drag and drop it to the DRmare software main screen. Or you can click the "Add Files" button to browse and import the M4B files from iTunes.
- Step 2Select a compatible format for Android devices
- Depending on different players on your Android devices, the supported formats may vary. But MP3 should be supported by all kinds of devices. You'd better choose MP3 for its high quality and best compatibility. Please click on the 'Format' icon to start to reset the audio format.
- Step 3Convert iTunes audiobooks to MP3
- Finally, you can simply click "Convert" button to start the converting process. Within a little while, you have had your iTunes audiobooks ready for your Android devices.
- Step 4Play iTunes audiobooks on Android
- Now, you can link your Android device to your computer via the USB cable. Next, copy and paste the converted iTunes audiobooks to Android media folder. Finally, you can listen to Apple audiobooks on Android devices with ease.
Part 3. Best M4B Audiobook Player to Play iTunes Audiobooks on Android
Just now, you had learned how to move iTunes audiobooks to Android devices. To play them, you can use the built-in media player to browse the media files.
If you don't have one, you can also try the following best M4B audiobook player for Android. Then you can play iTunes audiobooks on Android.
1. Smart AudioBook Player
This app is great and easy to use. It has a lot of features such as playback speed control, etc. You will get the full version for free for 30 days.
- Detect and discover all audiobooks saved on your device automatically.
- With variable audiobook playback speed, can speed up.
- Has an app widget that allows you to control audiobook player from your device's home page.
- With bookmarking and audio equalizer features.
Basic version - Free
Full version - $2
2. Material Audiobook Player
It is a free and open source app special for playing audiobooks. It has a user-friendly interface. You can use it on your smartphone or tablet without problems. The best part of it is that it has the bookmarking tool which will remember exactly where you left off the last time.
- With a minimal and material-designed interface.
- Free to use and without ads.
- With a bookmarking feature.
This is another best audiobook player. With it, you can get access to millions of audiobooks for free and import your own audio files. Besides, the features such as sleep timer, bookmarking, speed adjusting are also available.
- Supports to add local audio files across devices via Google account.
- Can download and listen to audiobooks at free.
- Control audiobooks playback.
- Runs at Desktop, iOS and Android.
Price: Free but with ads