"Is it possible to use the Audible app for listening audiobooks on Apple Watch series 3? I know I can use iPhone to pair and control Audible books on Apple Watch. But I don't want to bring iPhone together when I'm out. Or put it another way, is there any solution to play Audible audiobooks on Apple Watch without iPhone?"
You may have the same request if you also purchased an Apple Watch. Currently Audible app is only available for iPhone and iPad, but not for Apple Watch yet. The official solution to listen to Audible audiobooks on Apple Watch is pairing iPhone with the smart watch in same Wi-Fi. So that you can control the books remotely to play on Apple Watch with iPhone. But if you don't want to take the phone along, you can refer to the ultimate solution below. It will show you how to freely listen to Audible audio books on Apple Watch even without an iPhone nearby.
Part 1. Best Solution to Play Audible on Apple Watch without iPhone
To make Audible audiobooks playable on Apple Watch independently, you'll need a smart DRM removal tool for Audible. That's because Audible audiobooks are encrypted by DRM (Digital Rights Management). DRM is a special technology to prevent the books from being copied to another device in purpose of protecting the copyright of the files. Thus you can't directly sync Audible audiobooks to Apple Watch with iTunes, like you do with other audiobooks or songs.
In this case, DRmare Audio Converter is highly recommended. It's a complete DRM removal solution for Audible. You can losslessly convert any Audible audiobooks like AA or AAX to MP3, AAC or other Apple Watch supported formats. The most outstanding feature of DRmare is its ability to keep 100% original quality while stripping off the DRM . That's to say, you'll get exactly the same audios. They will include ID3 tags, chapters, sound quality as original Audible books after conversion.
View also: Download Spotify Music on iPhone
DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter
How to Remove DRM from Audible AA/AAX with DRmare
If you already downloaded the free trial versions of this smart tool on your computer, you can follow the following instructions to see it works. Now let's get rid of DRM from Audible audiobooks with DRmare Audio Converter to play the books on Apple Music with no iPhone.
- Step 1Import Audible audiobooks to DRmare
- Launch DRmare Audio Converter on your computer. Then it will load iTunes automatically. To add the Audible books to DRmare, you should click the first "Add" button at the bottom left. Or directly drag the audiobook files from your computer to DRmare Audio Converter.
- Step 2Adjust output settings
- Once all the Audible books are imported to DRmare, you can click the 'format' icon next to Convert button at the bottom right. Please select the output settings, including the output format, codec, bit rate. If you want to keep the lossless quality for the Audible audiobooks, simply check the option of "Keep lossless quality (AA, AAX)".
- Step 3Start removing DRM from Audible
- Now, after everything is done, click Convert button to begin removing DRM from Audible audiobooks. Wait for a while until the conversion completes. After that, you'll get the DRM-free audio books in the output folder you just set.
Part 2. How to Sync Audible Audiobooks to Apple Watch
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your computer and click the Music tab. Then create a new playlist called "Audiobooks" or anything else you like.
Step 2. Add the converted Audible audiobook files you want to play on Apple Watch into the newly created playlist.
Step 3. Transfer and sync the new playlist with your iPhone via iCloud or USB cable.
Step 4. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone > Music > Synced Music, and select the "Audiobooks" playlist (it should say "Sync Pending").
Step 5. Attach your Apple Watch to its charger with your phone within bluetooth range. And then wait it to sync.
Step 6. Once synced, you can play the Audible audiobooks via your Apple Watch freely without bringing iPhone together.
If you known any better solution to sync Audible audiobooks to Apple Watch without iPhone, just share your thoughts in the comments!