How to Stream Audible Audiobooks on Roku TV
Roku is a series of digital media players similar to Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV. It partners with a largest number of of publishers to offer top contents covering music, videos, audiobooks. The supported built-in apps include Amazon Cloud Player, BBC iPlayer, Sony Crackle, DirecTV Now, HBO Go, Hulu, Disney, NBA TV, Netflix, Pandora, OverDrive, Sling TV, WWE Network and so on. You can stream free MP3 audiobooks from OverDrive, movies from YouTube, music from Pandora easily etc. easily.
However, this is not the case for all kinds of apps in the world. For example, there is not an Audible app for Roku nor an Audible channel. Actually many customers have complained this issue on forums online. According to the response of Audible, they are still working hard on adding it to more and more devices. As of the time being, we don't know when will it be released exactly. Instead of waiting for it to no avail, you can also try another alternative way to play Audible audiobooks on Roku without any hassles.
View also: Stream Spotify Music to Roku
Part 1. How to Turn Audible Books into Roku Supported Audio Format
With a Roku set-top box, it can turn your traditional TV or a display device into a powerful smart TV the moment you plug it in. You will get access to tons of contents online. This makes it most convenient way ever to enjoy digital media files when you are curling up on the sofa at home. Besides, it also supports to stream your local audio and video files. Following is a list of the Roku compatible formats.
Video: It supports the H.264/AVC, HEVC/H.265, VP9 codec files with the formats MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, WebM and so on.
Audio: MP3, AAC, WMA, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, WAV (PCM), AC3.
As Audible audiobooks are all in AA/AAX formats with the DRM copyright protection, you can't stream them to Roku media player unless you turn them into a supported format mentioned above. But how?
No worries, you just need to get the DRmare Audible AA/AAX to MP3 Converter for Windows/Mac to help. It is superior to any other similar tools in the market. The main reason is that it has a core technology to decrypt Audible books directly, which can't be found elsewhere. Unlike other software which use the outdated recording technology to authorize and accelerate the audiobooks to play on media players and record them, DRmare software will simply unlock the DRM files. This not only guarantees that your output audiobooks files will be lossless but also ensures you to convert the audiobooks at up to 100X speed smoothly. Even you don't know the Audible account name and password, you can still convert the files successfully.
View also: How to Convert AA/AAX to MP3
DRmare Audiobook to MP3 Converter
- Support multiple kinds of DRM files including iTunes M4B, Audible AA/AAX audioboooks
- Export audio files to M4A, M4B, AAC, MP3, FLAC, WAV for any players such as Roku
- Batch convert Audible books quickly while keeping the original audio quality
- DRmare keeps improving the software and provide lifetime free update
Part 2. Listen to Audible on Roku by Getting Rid of the DRM Protection
You won't know how well DRmare software performs until you compare it with other tools. As an Audible Fan, I am in need of converting a lot of audiobooks time from time. After trying the DRmare program, I never want to go back to the other tools I used before. DRmare offers a functionally the same trial version for free except there is a 1/3 length limitation on the output files. If you are interested in it, just click the "Download" button above to install it into your Windows or Mac computer.
- Step 1Drag & drop to import Audible audiobooks
- DRmare software is designed to decrypt DRM protected files. If you have already downloaded the files onto your local computer folder via iTunes or Audible Manager, you just need to drag and drop the AA/AAX files to the main screen of DRmare application. Else please try again to download the files before you importing them.
- Step 2Choose an audio format for Roku
- To make sure you can stream Audible audiobooks on Roku successfully, please select a compatible format such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV and so on. Also, you can adjust the playback speed, volume, pitch to make the output audio files to meet your requirement better. Of course, you can edit the ID3 tag info such as title, author, album cover.
- Step 3Remove DRM protection from Audible
- Then you can head to the bottom right and click "Convert" button, it will start to crack the Audible files and turn them to a new format of audio file immediately. With the 100X faster converting, it is not expected to take a long time even if you have hundreds of files.
- Step 4Stream MP3 audiobook to Roku
- After converting Audible files, they will be supported by the internal player of Roku directly. You can copy the converted Audible audiobooks to a USB disk and plugin it into the USB port of your Roku first. Then you can navigate on your Roku TV to find the Audio player and use it to browse the MP3 files to play.
- Have you learned the tutorial well? By removing DRM, the Audible books will work on Roku and any other streaming boxes such as Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, WD TV Live, Tivo and so on. Let's know if you still have any questions.