Apple and Google, the two giants in technology, have been competing with each other through different fields all the time. Today, we will focus on their entertainment ecosystems - iTunes and Google Play, the two biggest online media stores in the world.
As for Google Play, it works on both Android and iOS devices, while iTunes still works for iOS users only. If you want to transfer movies from iTunes to Google Play, then you could check out this post. Here, we would like to show you the effective tutorials on how to upload iTunes movies to Google Play as well as move music from iTunes to Google Play. Now let's go ahead and see how to make it.
- Part 1. Can You Upload Movies to Google Play from iTunes?
- Part 2. iTunes Movies to Google Play via DRmare M4V Converter
- Extra Tip: How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Google Play
- The Bottom Line
Part 1. Why You Can't Move iTunes Movies to Google Play Directly
Nowadays, many people would like to switch from iPhone to Android devices. When they go to transfer iTunes movies to Google Play for watching on their Android device, they will find that they fail to do that. Why could it happen?
Here are two reasons that caused the failure:
1. As for iTunes movies and TV shows, all of them are with DRM protection. That is to say, users can only watch the movies on authorized Apple devices, any other devices or platforms like Google Play or Android phone is not allowed.
2. Google won't allow users to upload their own movies or videos for access in the cloud. And its Play Movies app (now renamed Google TV) just serves for movies and TV shows rental and purchase.
As a result, is there any way to move iTunes to Google Play for saving and playing? No worry. Just moving on and you will find the solution.
Part 2. Transfer iTunes Movies to Google Play via DRmare M4V Converter
As we mentioned above, the movies and TV shows we purchased or rented from iTunes Store are protected by copyright, which largely restricts iTunes movies to be freely distributed and copied to other platforms, like Google Play.
In order to transfer iTunes movies to Google Play, all you need is to get rid of the protection from iTunes movies with a third-party app - DRmare M4V Converter.
This tool can easily remove DRM from iTunes movies and convert iTunes movies to plain video formats like MP4, etc. with lossless quality. Besides, you can edit the iTunes videos you want with it and save iTunes movies on your computer. Then you can transfer iTunes to Google Play for playing with ease.
DRmare iTunes M4V Video Converter
- Convert rented and purchased iTunes movies, TV shows, etc.
- Convert iTunes M4V videos to MP4, M4V, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc.
- Keep original quality including AC3 5.1 audio, CC and all tracks and subtitles
- Support various preset profiles of popular devices
Simple Steps to Convert iTunes Movies to Google Play
You are suggested to install the free trial version of DRmare M4V Converter on your Mac or PC and follow the steps here to start to convert iTunes movies to Google Play.
- Step 1Add iTunes M4V movies to DRmare
- Firstly, make sure your iTunes is authorized with the account you used to purchase or rent the movies. Otherwise, DRmare will not work properly in stripping off the DRM from iTunes movies. After then, please open the program and add the iTunes videos via "+" button at the bottom-left corner or drag-and-drop.
- Step 2Customize output settings
- Simply click "Format" option and you'll be prompted with a window showing you the common video formats and devices DRmare M4V Converter supports, and then choose a common one such as MP4.
- Step 3Convert iTunes movies to Google Play
- Now you can begin to convert iTunes M4V videos by clicking "Convert" button. Once the conversion completes, you can find the DRM-free iTunes movies and start to upload the converted video files to your Google Play for free.
- Step 4Upload iTunes movies to Google Play
Step 1. Login your Google Play account on the web browser.
Step 2. Click 'My movies&TV' option and then you can move iTunes to Google Play from your computer for using.
After then, you can use iTunes movies on any other Android devices from Google Play without any limit.
Extra Tip: How to Move Music from iTunes to Google Play
Method 1. Transfer Music from iTunes to Google Play Directly
Step 1. Go to your web browser to the website play.google.com/music. Then log into your Google Play account and click "Upload Music" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 2. Click the "Download Music Manager" button and install the music manager on your computer.
Step 3. Once the Music Manager is installed, it will ask you where you save the music collection. Select iTunes, then click "Next". The manager will then go through your iTunes library and upload your songs and playlists to Google Play.
Method 2. Upload iTunes Music to Google Play via DRmare Audio Converter
For some songs in iTunes you purchased before 2009, they are protected. You can't transfer and enjoy them on non-Apple devices. If you want to add iTunes music to Google Play, you can then use a powerful iTunes Music Converter named DRmare Audio Converter.
DRmare Audio Converter is a handy iTunes library exporter, which enables users to export all iTunes M4P songs and audiobooks to other devices. It can remove the protection and convert the audios into common MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc. Besides, this audio converting program is good at converting iTunes songs at 30X faster speed without causing any original damage.
Step 1. Download and install DRmare Audio Converter on your PC or Mac, and then simply open it. Click the Music ‘+’ button to import protected songs from iTunes.
Step 2. Click the 'Format' panel to choose an output audio formats such as MP3, M4V, AAC, etc. You're also allowed to customize the codecs, channel, sample rate, bit rate, if necessary.
Step 3. Hit the 'Convert' button to let DRmare start to convert iTunes M4P to MP3 immediately. You can then easily stream the converted iTunes music to Google Play via a USB cable.
Method 3. Play iTunes Music on Android Devices through Google Play
To listen to the music on Android, you should firstly download the Google Play Music app on your device and connect it to your Google account. You will then be able to freely stream your entire music library from the device as well as play your music from the Google Play web player.
Note: Google Play Music will be replaced by YouTube Music in October, 2020. If you want to save all your Google Play Music to your local device, then you could refer to the post to see how to do. Learn more about How to Download Google Play Music.
The Bottom Line
Now you have known how to transfer movies from iTunes to Google Play and how to transfer iTunes music to Google Play after reading the post. Next you can follow the guide here to upload your iTunes songs and movies to Google Play step by step.
DRmare programs are highly recommended here because of its ease of use and high efficiency. Any more experience of transferring iTunes to Google Play, please feel free to leave your voice below.
Leave a Comment