Solved: How to Remove DRM from iTunes Movies and TV Shows
The development of computer and network technology has brought much more options and convenience to us. For instance, we can buy or rent movies and TV shows from iTunes or other digital video services, instead of going to cinema every time. But the drawback is that all iTunes videos are protected by the digital rights management (DRM), which allows you to enjoy the videos within Apple's ecosystem only.
So what if you want to watch your purchased or rented iTunes movies and TV shows on your Android phone, Chromebook or other devices that are not made by Apple? Is there a perfect solution? Yes, and here I will show you how to remove DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows to solve the trouble once and for all.
Part 1. What You Need to Remove DRM from iTunes Movies – DRmare M4V Converter
To get rid of Apple's DRM protection, you need a professional DRM media converter tool. Among multiple similar program, DRmare DRM M4V Converter is highly recommended here.
This iTunes movie converter is an efficient third-party iTunes DRM remover developed by the innovative DRmare team. By adopting the advanced video decryption technology, DRmare M4V Converter is capable of removing DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows at a 30X faster speed with lossless quality. After that, it will convert iTunes M4V videos to MP4, MOV or other common video file formats, so that you can play them on any device or player at any time. Besides, it has the extra features to preview and edit iTunes movies according to your requirements.
Key Features of DRmare iTunes Movie Converter:
Part 2. Steps to Remove DRM and Convert iTunes Movies and TV Shows to MP4
First of all, please download and install the DRmare M4V Converter program on your PC or Mac. The software supports both Windows and Mac computer, and here I will take the Windows version as an example.
Note: DRmare M4V Converter for Mac doesn't the latest 10.13 and 10.14, so you can only use it on 10.12 and lower; or you can switch to the Windows version, which is applicable for a wide range of OS, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
- Step 1Launch DRmare M4V Conveter
- Double click the DRmare program icon on the desktop to launch it after finished the installation, and you will see the beautiful and user friendly interface of it.
- Step 2Add iTunes M4V media files
- You click the the two "Add Files" button from the bottom left to either browse the iTunes library or computer folder to import your iTunes M4V movies. Apart from that, you can also drag and drop the iTunes videos to the DRmare main screen.
- Step 3Choose lossless MP4 format
- To keep the original quality, I would suggest you to choose the original iTunes video format lossless M4V or MP4. It won't change any quality of your video content but just unlock DRM from iTunes TV shows. Besides that, you can also edit the videos such as adding a watermark, changing the playback speed so that to make it look more personalized.
- Step 4Remove iTunes movie DRM
- The settings won't take effect unless you click the Start button at the bottom right. Please just simply tap it. You will see the software encode your iTunes video files at an up to 30X speed in batch. Afterwards, you can locate them on the history folder and then play on any devices or player as you like.
- Video GuideHow to Remove DRM from iTunes Movies on Windows
Part 3. FAQs about iTunes Movie DRM Removal
Within just a few steps, you will be able to turn DRM protected iTunes M4V movies to common MP4 files. That is not difficult, right? The following is the frequently asked questions we have listed from our users, you can also take a look.
Q1: Is it possible to remove DRM on Mac 10.13 High Sierra?
A: Unfortunately you can't do that at least for the time being. Most similar iTunes M4V DRM removal tools don't support 10.13 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave due to its deep encryption, so does DRmare M4V Converter. It is highly recommend you to download the DRmare software to a Windows PC or 10.8~10.12 Mac system.
Q2: Can you use the HandBrake to convert M4V TV shows and movies?
A: It depends. If the M4V is DRM free, HandBrake will work like a charm. Otherwise it can't and you have to get another DRM removal software such as DRmare M4V Converter.
View More: How to Convert M4V to MP4 with HandBrake
Q3: Can I remove DRM from iTunes movies free?
A: Yes, you can use the freeware Requiem to do that for free. But it takes a lot of time and energy to downgrade the computer system and iTunes version.
Requiem is the exclusive software to remove DRM losslessly from videos on the old version iTunes 9.0.2. It works great on a compatible system. But since it is outdated since 2012, you have to downgrade your system and iTunes version to make it work. Unless you are free with a lot of time available, I'd rather not recommend it.