"Can you burn a CD from Spotify?" Of course not. You can download Spotify music for offline listening with Spotify premium. But, you still can't burn Spotify to CD for use. That is because Spotify songs can't be used on other platforms or devices.
Thus, how to burn CD from Spotify? To burn Spotify playlist to CD, you need to prepare some tools. Then you need to convert Spotify music as local files for burning to CD. After that, you will get 4 ways on how to burn a CD from Spotify. Let's move on to reading and check more detail below.
Part 1. How to Burn CD from Spotify - Tools You'll Need
To burn CD from Spotify, it doesn't require much. For common digital audio files, the following are the tools you'll need.
- A Computer: A computer running Windows OS or Mac OS.
- A CD/DVD Burner: Normally most computers are equipped with a built-in burner that can burn CDs. If your computer doesn't have one, you can buy an external one like Apple USB SuperDrive and more. Then connect them to your computer's USB port.
- A Blank CD Disc: You can get the CD-R or CD+R for one-time burning or CD-RW/CD+RW for multiple times use.
- A Free Burning Software: You can use iTunes, Windows Media Player to burn CD from Spotify free. Besides, you can download other professional software online to burn Spotify playlist to CD.
- Spotify Digital Music Files: You need to download Spotify playlists as local files.
- DRmare Spotify Music Converter: Spotify music is cache files. So you can't burn a CD from Spotify. You need to use the third-party tool to download Spotify tracks locally.
- The latest version of Spotify Program.
Part 2. Convert Spotify Music for Burning to CD by DRmare Music Converter
Why do we need the DRmare Music Converter to help burn Spotify playlist to CD? No matter you are using a Spotify free or premium account, you can't burn CD from Spotify premium/free. So, here we need the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It is a professional music downloader for Spotify songs. It can download Spotify music on computer locally.
Besides, it can encode protected Spotify to MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, and WAV for better burning. After that, all CD burners can be compatible with all Spotify files. And then you can easily make a mix CD from Spotify.
Also, you can define other audio parameters of Spotify music as you like. You can change the audio bit rate, channel, and more as needed. After that, you will get the local Spotify songs. And then you can move them to any device you want for playing offline.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Detailed Steps to Convert Spotify Music to Make a CD from Spotify
Before starting to burn CD from Spotify, please download Spotify music as local files with DRmare software. Please make sure you have installed the Spotify latest desktop version on PC/Mac. After that, follow the steps below and begin.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists to DRmare
- When you start DRmare Spotify Music Converter, it will launch the Spotify app as well. Then you can drag and drop the Spotify songs to the DRmare software main screen. Or, you can get the link of the Spotify track. Then put it into the search box on DRmare. And then press on the '+' icon. DRmare will add the songs into its main window for you. Both the Spotify premium and free accounts are supported.
- Step 2Customize Spotify output format for CD Burner
- In general, you can select any of the output formats you want. MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC are supported best by iTunes and most CD burning tool. So, you can burn CD from Spotify free. FLAC and WAV are two lossless formats. They mean the quality won't be reduced during converting. Besides, to keep the highest fidelity, please select the bit rate as 320Kbps. Also, you can reset the sample rate, audio channel, audio bit rate and more you want.
- Step 3Convert Spotify to burn to CD
- Click the "Convert" button. Then all the songs you imported will be converted for burning to CD in batch. A progress bar will show beside the converting songs. When it is done, you can locate the output files. They are all ready for burning to CD from your computer folder.
Part 3. How to Burn a CD from Spotify - 4 Ways
How to burn CDs from Spotify? After getting the plain Spotify MP3 files, it will be a breeze to burn Spotify playlist to CD. You can try the following four methods we showed below to do that.
Method 1. Burn CD from Spotify by VLC
Step 1. Open the VLC media player on your computer.
Step 2. Create a new playlist on VLC to store Spotify music files.
Step 3. Drag and drop Spotify audio tracks to VLC Playlist dock.
Step 4. Hit on the 'Media' menu and choose the 'Convert/Save' option.
Step 5. Touch on the 'Disc' button. Then input a blank CD or DVD into the disc drive.
Step 6. Press the 'Audio CD' > 'Browse' to select the inserted CD. Then click on the 'Convert/Save' button.
Step 7. Click on the 'Browse' button to define the burning location. And then hit on the 'Convert/Save' button to begin to burn a CD from Spotify.
Method 2. Burn Spotify Playlist to CD via Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player allows you to play media contents on Windows computer. Also, it can help burn CD from Spotify local files. Here let's check how to burn Spotify to CD with Windows Media Player.
Step 1. Insert a blank CD to your PC and launch the Windows Media Player.
Step 2. Hit on the 'Burn' option at the top right corner to create a burn list.
Step 3. Find the converted Spotify tracks on your computer and drag them to the burn list.
Step 4. Touch on the menu in the Burn panel and choose 'Audio CD' from the drop-down menu.
Step 5. Once finished, press on the 'Start burn' button to burn Spotify playlist to CD.
Method 3. Burn Spotify to CD with iTunes
Besides VLC and Windows Media Player, you can use iTunes to burn CD from Spotify on Windows and Mac computer. Here you are.
Please open iTunes and click the 'File' menu > 'Add to Library'. And then select the Spotify files to import. In addition, you can create a playlist on iTunes. Just go to 'File > New > Playlist' to create a playlist.
Step 2. Insert a blank physical CD into the CD-ROM
Step 3. Start to burn Spotify playlist to CD
You can tap your playlist > "Burn Playlist to Disc" from iTunes. Then it will pop up a window for you to customize the settings. Then click "Burn" to burn CD from Spotify.
Note: A CD has a 700Mb size, please make sure the size of your playlist is less than 700Mb.
When finished burning, a CD icon will display in the iTunes Source list. Then you can remove the CD from your computer.
Method 4. Burn a CD from Spotify through Burn
Burn is a free and open-source burning program for Mac computer. Now, let's see how to use it.
Step 1. Put a blank CD into the DVD-RW drive on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Download and install Burn program onto your computer. Then open it.
Step 3. On its main screen, choose 'Audio' and hit '+' icon to import Spotify files.
Step 4. When added, touch 'Select'. Then choose the type of your CD from the list.
Step 5. Hit on 'Burn' to start to burn CD from Spotify at once.
Video Tutorial: How to Burn Spotify Playlist to CD
In this video, you can get a more intuitive tutorial to burn CD from Spotify.
Why You Need to Burn CD from Spotify
Why burn CD from Spotify? Below you can find the benefits of it. Just check it out here.
#1. CD is more convenient. When you are driving on a road trip or having a party outside, the CD is easier to access.
#2. CD has the highest audio quality. Besides Tidal, all the streaming music like Spotify has only up to 320Kbps fidelity.
#3. CD supports offline playing. When there is no speedy internet in rural areas or else, burning music to CD is a nice option.