[Solved] How to Make CDs from Spotify Songs & Playlists
Many reasons can explain why CD is still important nowadays when digital streaming audio is increasingly popular. First off, CD is more convenient when driving on a road trip or having a party outside. Besides, CD still has the highest audio quality today. Except Tidal, all the streaming music like Spotify has only up to 320Kbps fidelity. Furthermore, we may not get access to speedy internet all the time.
So can you burn discs from Spotify? According to the official support team, there is no usage limits on the Spotify songs as long as you are subscribed to the premium account. There is no problem to download the music for offline listening with the DRM protection under the mobile app. But if you burn music to CD, they won't be able to unsync the CD after you cancel the membership. That is why they don't offer this option yet. To solve this problem, we will find another workaround for you.
Part 1. Everything You Need to Make a CD from Spotify
It doesn't require much to burn CDs. For common digital audio files, following are the tools you need.
A computer with a built-in burner. Normally most computers are equipped with the burner. If your computer doesn't have one, you can buy a portable one directly such as the Apple USB SuperDrive, Verbatim External Slimline CD & DVD Writer. .
A CD disc. You can get the CD-R or CD+R for one-time burning or CD-RW/CD+RW for multiple times use.
A free burning software. You can use the iTunes or download other free software online.
For the Spotify songs, since they are DRM protected and usually don't allow for downloading on computers, you have to get an extra Spotify converter to download and burn streaming audio to physical CDs.
DRmare Spotify to CD Downloader for Mac/Windows is a professional DRM Converter which can destroy DRM protection from Spotify songs as well as encode the original OGG Vorbis format to new files like MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC and WAV. With the unmatched audio transcoding technology, it can make sure the output audio files have zero quality loss.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
- Support all kinds of songs, playlists, artists, podcasts, etc. from Spotify
- Automatically find and keep the ID3 tag info, meta data, album cover, artist.
- Multiple output formats, 5X faster speed and lossless output quality
- Compatible with all kinds of Windows & Mac systems including 10.13 High Sierra
Part 2. Tips to Download Spotify Music Offline to Make a CD
Now you can follow these steps to download the Spotify music as MP3 to your computer with DRmare software. Please make sure you have installed the Spotify latest desktop version to your computer, other mobile versions won't work.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs/playlists
- When you start DRmare Spotify converting tool, it will launch the Spotify app as well. Then you can drag and drop the songs, playlists, artists to the DRmare software main screen. Both the free and premium accounts are supported.
- Step 2Customize output format
- Generally, you can select any of the output formats you want. MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC are supported best by iTunes and most CD burning tool. FLAC and WAV are two lossless formats which means the quality won't be reduced during converting. Besides, to keep the highest fidelity, please select the bit rate as 320Kbps.
- Step 3Convert Spotify to CD
- Click "Convert" button, all the songs you imported will be converted to MP3 in batch. A progress bar will show beside the song which is converting. When it is done, you can locate the output files which are reading for burning from your computer folder.
Part 3. Put the Converted Spotify Tracks on a CD
After getting the universal common MP3 files, it will be a breeze to burn them to CD. You can skip this part if you have already burned other CDs before. Else if you are new in this area, you can try this method.
Burn Spotify Music CD via iTunes
1. Import the converted songs to iTunes library. Just click "File" menu > "Add to Library" and then select the Spotify files to import. In addition, you can create a playlist. For more info, you can visit: How to Import Spotify Music to iTunes Library.
2. Insert a blank physical CD into the CD-ROM.
3. Start to burn a CD. You can tap your playlist > "Burn Playlist to Disc" from iTunes, then it will pop up a window for you to customize the settings and click "Burn". A CD has 700Mb size, please make sure the size of your playlist is less than 700Mb.
Apart from the iTunes, there are a lot of free CD burning tools can help such as the AnyBurn, WinX DVD Author, CDBurnerXP. They work more or less the same as iTunes, I won't illustrate them any more. If you are interested in them, just search and download them online to try them out.