Audible provides users with millions of audiobooks to listen to. They can even download Audible audiobooks for offline playback. Also, many users may want to burn their audiobooks to CD for backup, or just enjoy them on a CD player. However, Audible's books are encoded in AA or AAX format. Therefore, you can only play Audible books on authorized devices, let alone burn them to CD. But don't worry, we've figured out the two best ways to burn Audible books to CD with or without iTunes.
- Part 1. Burn Audible Books to CD with iTunes
- Part 2. Burn Audible to CD without iTunes
- Part 3. FAQs about Burning Audible Books to CD
- Part 4. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Burn Audible Books to CD with iTunes
Audible has licensed iTunes to burn Audible audiobooks to CDs. With the latest version of iTunes, you can directly burn Audible to a disc with playlists on iTunes. There is no need to download additional software.
However, all Audible audiobooks are saved in AA or AAX format, you can only insert CDs for burning, not DVD or MP3 discs. If you're burning your Audible book to CD to play on a CD player, go to Part 2.
Also, each audiobook can only be burned once with iTunes. That said, if you accidentally lose your CD, you can't burn audiobooks you once burned again. Plus, if your audiobook playlist is longer than 80 minutes, iTunes will ask you to add a new CD to finish burning.
What You Need:
1. Please update iTunes to the latest version.
2. Please make sure you have downloaded the Audible audiobooks to your computer already.
3. Your computer has a disc drive.
4. You have a blank Audio CD as the container instead of an MP3 disc or a DVD.
After then, please follow the steps below to see how to burn Audible book to CD with iTunes.
Step 1. Import Audible files to iTunes
If you are on a Mac, the Audible books should have been already in your iTunes.
Else, if you are on a Windows PC, you can find your downloaded files from the Audible Download Manager. Then you can import them to iTunes by opening iTunes and clicking 'File' > 'Add File to Library'.
If your iTunes is not authorized with your Audible account, you will receive a prompt after you add Audible files. Simply click on 'Yes' and you will be guided to activate the authorization.
Step 2. Create an Audible playlist
On iTunes, click on 'Books' > 'Audiobooks' to locate your added audiobooks. Then right-click on them and choose 'Add to Playlist' > 'New Playlist' to generate a playlist.
Step 3. Insert a blank CD and burn the playlist to CD
Just insert a CD disc into the CD burner of your computer. Then right-click on the newly created playlist and choose 'Burn Playlist to Disc'.
Step 4. Adjust the burning settings
You will be asked to customize the burning settings. The optimized settings are '8X burning speed, audio CD disc format and choose no gap between songs'. Once finished, hit the 'Burn' button to start burning Audible books to CD.
Note: For an audiobook longer than 80 minutes, you need to insert another disc to complete the burning process.
Part 2. How to Burn Audible to CD without iTunes
With the first method, you cannot burn Audible audiobooks to DVD or MP3 discs. It is not convenient to back up, transfer or burns at will. Thankfully, the emergence of DRmare Audio Converter solves this problem.
It allows you to burn Audible books to CD without limitation. You can convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 and more common formats. Besides, it has a fast 30X conversion speed and will preserve 100% lossless audio quality and full ID3 tags. With it, you can freely play Audible audiobooks on any CD player and other devices you want.
DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter
- Remove DRM restriction from Audible audiobooks, Apple Music, etc.
- Convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, M4B format
- Keep 100% original sound and full ID3 tags, split audiobooks
- Run at a 30X faster speed to convert all Audible books with chapters
Please first install the DRmare Audio Converter via the 'Download' button above. Then we will show you how to convert Audible books to MP3 and then burn them to CD via Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player.
Section 1. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3
- Step 1Add Audible AA/AAX audio files to DRmare
- Open the DRmare Audio Converter. Then you can click on the first 'add music' button at the bottom left to add downloaded Audible files from your iTunes library. Or you can click the second 'add files' button to load Audible books from your computer.
- Step 2Adjust Audible output settings
- We recommend you convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 as it's supported by most devices. The default output format of DRmare Audio Capture is MP3 so you don't need to reset it. But you can change other parameters like the codec, bit rate, and so on.
- Step 3Convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3
- After that, you can click 'Convert' icon from the bottom right of the DRmare screen. With the faster 30X conversion speed, you will get local Audible MP3 files quickly. What is even better is that the output quality is 100% lossless. To locate the converted files, click on the 'history' icon at the bottom-right corner.
Section 2. Burn Audible to CD without iTunes
As you got the plain audio formats of Audible audiobooks above, here you can learn how to burn Audible books to CD. For Windows, you can use the built-in Windows Media Player. For Mac, you can use VLC Media Player.
Way 1. Burn Audible audiobook to CD via Windows Media Player
1. Insert a blank CD and open Windows Media Player.
2. Hit the 'Playlist' panel at the left to create a new playlist. Then move the converted Audible files to the playlist.
See also: How to Play Audible on Windows Media Player
3. Hit the 'Burn' button from the top right in WMP. Then drag Audible files to the 'Burn List' on the right side.
4. Press the 'Start Burn' button to burn Audible book to CD.
Way 2. Audible Burn to CD by VLC Media Player
1. Launch the VLC Media Player. Then click on 'View' from the top menu and choose 'Playlist'.
2. Create a new playlist and drag the converted Audible audiobooks to it.
2. Touch the 'Media' menu and hit the 'Convert/Save' option.
3. Hit the 'Disc' button and insert a new CD or DVD into the disc drive on your computer.
4. Wait for VLC to recognize your CD. Then click on 'Audio CD' and choose 'Browse' to select the inserted CD. Then hit the 'Convert/Save' button.
5. Hit 'Browse' in the 'Convert' screen to choose Audible audio files.
6. Touch the 'Convert/Save' button to put Audible books on CD.
Part 3. FAQs about Burning Audible Books to CD
Q1: Can You Burn Audible Books to CD?
A: Yes. You can burn Audible to CD with iTunes or DRmare Audio Converter. Below is a simple comparison of the two methods.
|Burn with iTunes||Burn without iTunes|
No need to install extra CD burners
Able to burn Audible audiobooks to any CD;
Support long Audible audiobooks;
Back up Audible books on CD;
Use Audible audiobooks on any CD player or device
All Audible audiobooks can only be burned once;
Not support burning Audible books to MP3 discs or DVDs;
A new CD is required if the audiobook playlist is longer than 80 minutes
|The free trial version of DRmare Audio Converter only supports converting one-third of audiobooks|
Q2: Can Audible Audiobooks Be Played on a CD Player?
A: It depends on how you burned Audible audiobooks to CD. If you burned Audible audiobooks to CD using iTunes, you won't be able to play them on a CD player. Because Audible books are encoded in AA/AAX format and are not supported by any CD player. If you use DRmare Audio Converter, you will be able to play your burned Audible CD books on any CD player.
Q3: How Do I Burn Audible Books to My CD on Mac?
A: You can burn Audible audiobook to CD on Mac using iTunes or DRmare Audio Converter and VLC Media Player.
Q4: Does Burning a CD Lose Quality?
A: No. CDs and DVDs store audio in a digital format and can be copied without loss of quality.
Part 4. In Conclusion
If you just want to burn some Audible books to CD, you can choose iTunes. If you want to play Audible audiobooks on a CD player or burn the same audiobook on multiple discs, DRmare Audio Converter will be your best choice. It allows you to remove DRM from Audible AA/AAX books. You can then burn them to CD without limitation.
Leave a Comment