Best Tip to Burn Apple Music to CD
"I want to burn my Apple Music to CD for offline listening on my car when I am driving. But when I choose the option "Burn Playlist to Disc" from iTunes, it doesn't work as the option is grey out. Anyone has any ideas on this?"
Actually, unlike iTunes music, the option to burn a CD is removed from Apple Music songs. But please don't worry. Here we will explore the reason and offer a best workaround solution for you to burn Apple Music to CD.
Part 1. Why You Can't Burn Apple Music to CD
Apple had removed the burn feature for Apple Music in iTunes. As for Apple Music, it charges users about $10 monthly subscription fee to access over 40 million of songs. You can listen to the songs freely with the internet connection. But you can't transfer the files elsewhere for offline playback due to DRM protection.
According to Apple official, if burning Apple Music to CD is allowed, it will lose control of its streaming service. Even if users unsubscribe the membership later, they will still have access to the files. On the other hand, this protection prevents legal users to listen to the songs freely too.
As a result, Apple Music songs are in DRM protection which can't be burned into CD or move to other devices. But no worry. In the following part, we will show you how to rip DRM from Apple Music and burn CD from Apple Music in details.
Part 2. Things Required to Burn Apple Music to CD
Here we would like to show what you need to do for burning Apple Music to CD. Here is the detailed tool you should note.
- A blank CD - It is for saving Apple Music tracks.
- A CD/DVD burner - The computer need to have a disc drive that can burn CD. If not, you could buy an external DVD burner to plug into your computer's USB port.
- A new iTunes playlist with Apple Music songs - To burn CD, you need to create an iTunes playlist with Apple Music songs you want on the disc. Just go to iTunes > 'File' > 'New' > 'Playlist' > name the playlist.
- DRmare Apple Music Converter - To burn Apple Music to CD, you need to use a third-party Apple Music Converter to rip DRM from Apple Music. Then burn Apple Music playlist to CD.
- CD burning software - iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- Apple Music subscription.
- The latest Apple Music app or iTunes.
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music for Burning to CD
Now, we will introduce a powerful tool for you to convert Apple Music for burning to CD. It is DRmare Apple Music Converter for Mac/Windows, which is an user-friendly audio converter. It enables you to convert protected Apple Music M4P to MP3 files in an elegant way. Compared to the average tools, it not only runs quicker but also has more superior audio quality.
In addition, you can edit the audio parameters of Apple Music files as you like, including the bit rate, sample rate, volume, pitch, etc. After conversion, you can get the converted Apple Music and can burn CD from Apple Music.
DRmare Apple Music to CD Converter
- Stop DRM protection from Apple Music, iTunes audiobooks, podcasts.
- Batch convert M4P files to MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV, AAC and so on.
- Keep lossless output quality, ID3 tags, faster speed, lots of customization options.
- Lifetime free technical update, support the latest Mac/Windows systems and iTunes.
Steps to Convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for Burning CDs
In order to burn Apple Music songs to CD, you need to remove protection from the M4P files first. DRmare Audio Converter is designed for personal use only. It is completely legal to break DRM protection, so please feel free to use it. Here are the detailed steps.
- Step 1Add M4P playlists
- You can click the '+' menu from the bottom left, then it will open a media browser with all of your Apple Music songs and playlists. Please choose all the songs you want to convert and click 'Add' button. Note: All the files need to be authorized to play well on iTunes, else they may not be imported.
- Step 2Adjust the audio parameters (optional)
- DRmare has set "MP3" as the default output format. It is a most popular format for audio files with best quality for the same size. We'd suggest you to keep this default "MP3" format so that you can burn the converted files to MP3 music CDs later. If you'd like to make the songs more personalized, you can also adjust the codec, channel, sample rate, bit rate, edit ID3 tags and much more.
- Step 3Export to DRM free files
- At last, you can choose an output folder and slightly tap the 'Convert' button. DRmare Apple Music Converter will start to strip DRM protection and encode M4P format to new common audio files. When it is done, you can click the output folder icon to locate and use them as you want.
- Video Demo
- Watch this quick video tutorial to find out how to burn Apple Music songs to CD.
Part 4. Methods to Burn Apple Music to CD
After we had converted Apple Music to plain audios, then we could go ahead to learn how to burn a CD from Apple Music in the following methods.
Method 1. Burn CD from Apple Music via iTunes
Step 1. Open iTunes and hit 'File' > 'New' > 'Playlist' to create a new playlist and rename it.
Step 2. Drag the converted Apple Music songs you want to burn to CD to the new playlist you just created.
Step 3. Insert a blank CD into your computer and right click the 'Playlist', choose 'Burn Playlist to Disc' > 'Burn' to burn Apple Music to CD.
Method 2. Burning Apple Music to CD by Windows Media Player
Step 1. Insert a blank CD into your CD drive of your computer.
Step 2. Open Windows Media Player and hit the 'Burn' tab from the right side. Then you will see an empty burn list.
Step 3. Locate the converted Apple Music files on your computer and drag them to the burn list. Then touch the menu on the Burn panel and choose 'Audio CD' from the menu.
Step 4. Hit the 'Start burn' to begin to burn Apple Music to CD.
After then, you are able to burn CD from Apple Music easily and enjoy Apple Music directly.