"Can you download Spotify songs on Mac?" If you subscribe to Spotify Premium, you can download Spotify songs and listen to them offline. However, after downloading, you may be disappointed to find that they are not downloaded to your device, but only stored in Spotify as cache files. In other words, you can only play them on those devices that are compatible with Spotify.
In order to break this limitation, you should ask for help from some third-party tools. Today, we have found the best two Spotify downloaders for you. You can use them to download Spotify music on Mac without Spotify Premium.
- Part 1. Download Spotify Music on Mac with Premium
- Part 2. Download Spotify Music to Mac without Premium
- Part 3. Download Spotify Songs on Mac for Free
- Part 4. To Sum Up
Part 1. How to Download Spotify Music on Mac with Premium
To download Spotify songs on your Mac, you need to subscribe to Spotify Premium for $9.99 per month. If you are a student, you can get it for $4.99 per month through Spotify Student Discount.
The downloaded Spotify songs can be offline played on the Spotify app. They are not able to be played on other unsupported-Spotify devices. But if you think it doesn't matter, you can follow the steps below to download music from Spotify to Mac.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Log in to your Spotify Premium account.
Step 3. Click on the album or playlist you want to listen to offline. (You are not allowed to download a single song on Mac.)
Step 4. There is a "Download" button at the top right. Switch it on. This is how Spotify download music Mac.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Songs to Mac without Premium
Spotify does not allow you to download a single song on Mac. But downloading an entire playlist will consume a lot of mobile traffic. In addition, it will also take up a lot of storage space on your Mac. The worst part is that you will find the downloaded songs are only cached tracks. You won't be able to find them and transfer them to another device for offline playback.
So, we are here to introduce you to a better way. It doesn't require a Premium subscription and you can select a single song inside a playlist to download. The best part is that after downloading, they will be stored on your device as local files.
All you need is the powerful DRmare Spotify Music Downloader, which is carefully designed to download Spotify music on Mac without Premium. It can 5X download playlists, albums, podcasts, audiobooks, and also individual songs. It enables you to download Spotify songs to MP3 Mac. In this case, you can play Spotify music offline from anywhere.
The saved songs will come with ID3 tags that can be edited and deleted. Also, you will get the 100% original Spotify music without losing any sound quality. Below is the link for DRmare Spotify to MP3 Converter Mac download. You can click the download button to get the free trial version of this downloader.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
- Download Spotify songs on Mac without Premium
- Batch download Spotify songs to MP3 Mac at 5X
- Keep original sound quality and original ID3 tags
- Remove ads on Spotify and skip Spotify download limits
How to Download Music from Spotify to Mac without Premium
- Step 1Import Spotify music to DRmare
- Please launch DRmare Spotify Downloader, and the Spotify app is also opened. Find the songs, playlists, albums, or podcasts you want to download. Then copy and paste the link into the address bar of DRmare software. Click on the '+' button to load them. Or you can drag & drop the tracks to DRmare main interface.
- Step 2Reset Spotify output format as MP3
- Please hit the 'DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac' from the top-left corner. Then choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' button. You can set the Spotify output format as MP3 for playing on most devices. And you can customize other audio parameters as you want.
- Step 3Download Spotify Playlist to MP3 Mac
- Simply press on the 'Convert' button at the bottom. And the real-time downloading progress will show. After downloading, you can locate the downloaded Spotify music by hitting the 'Converted' icon. Then you can listen to Spotify downloads offline on any device you like.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs on Mac for Free
If you don't want to install additional applications on your computer, you may want to consider MP3fy, an online site for downloading Spotify music. It's easy to access and use. You just need to open any browser on your Mac. In fact, it supports not only Spotify, but also more than 1000 streaming sites such as YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.
How to Download Music from Spotify Mac Free:
Step 1. Open any web browser and go to the official website of MP3fy.com.
Step 2. Open Spotify and copy the link of the track which you want to download.
Step 3. Paste the copied link into MP3fy.
Step 4. Click on the "Convert" button to download Spotify music on Mac for free.
Part 4. To Sum Up
You can download Spotify music on Mac only when you have a Premium account. However, you are not allowed to download a single song on Mac. Besides, the downloaded songs can't be moved to other devices for offline listening. Thus, you need to use the DRmare Spotify Music Converter at Part 2 to help you. And then, you can download Spotify songs to Mac and play them anywhere and anytime.
Leave a Comment