How to Listen to Spotify Music Offline on Any Devices
Streaming music has brought much convenience to us to enjoy millions of songs online. Take the the largest and most popular Spotify for instance, you can access to over 40 millions of songs as long as you sign up a free or premium account.
The only problem is that we don't have Internet connection all the time such as taking a plane, walking in a remote area without signal, making it impossible to stream music online. Sometimes even if you have the access to cellular data network, you may not have a big enough plan to stream freely especially if you are in a roaming area. Fortunately, Spotify company has realized this issue and develop the "Spotify Offline Mode" to help users to solve this dilemma. I'd be very happy to illustrate how to listen to Spotify songs offline on PC and mobile devices. If you are not sure how this works, please just follow me.
View also: How to Play iTunes M4V Movies Offline
Part 1. Listen to Spotify Music Without Internet on PCs
Spotify premium subscribers are allowed to download a maximum of 10000 songs to up to 3 devices. This means you can get up to 3333 songs per device. If you are a person who have business trips often, you can download the songs to your computers such as Chromebook, Macbook Pro/Air, surface or any other laptops.
Step 1. Launch Spotify app from your Mac or Windows computers, then log in with your account name and password.
Step 2. Search and navigate to the tracks, albums, podcasts, playlists you want to download and switch the "Download" toggle button on.
Step 3. You will see the songs being downloaded with a circular symbol. When it is done, you will see the green arrow icon.
Step 4. All the playlists/albums downloaded on the local computer can be played easily anytime without the necessity of an Internet connection.
Step 5. To make sure you don't use the cellular data whenever you play a song without downloading, please click "File" > "Offline Mode" on Windows or "Spotify" > "Offline Mode" on Mac.
Note: Spotify only allows premium subscribers to use the offline listening feature, you are required to connect the computer online at least once every month.
Part 2. Put Spotify Songs Offline on Mobile devices
Likewise, you can download Spotify albums and playlists to your mobile devices including Android phones, iOS devices, Windows gadgets and so on.
Listen to Spotify offline on iPhone
Step 1. Download and install Spotify from the iOS App Store.
Step 2. Launch Spotify and then login with your Spotify Premium account and password.
Step 3. Find the songs or playlists which you want to download onto the phone.
Step 4. Tap the "Download" button, you will see the spinning widget icons indicating it is downloading.
Step 5. When it finishes, you will see the "Downloaded songs" text next to the switch you turned on earlier.
Step 6. To force Spotify to only play music in offline mode, tap More from the menu at the bottom and select the check box next to "Offline mode".
Listen to Spotify music offline on Android phones
The steps to download songs on Android is exactly the same as the iOS devices. The only difference is that please make sure you download the right Android version app from the Google Play store or the official website.
Part 3. Download Spotify Songs without Premium for Playing on Any Devices
The Spotify offline mode is pretty useful when you are on a plane or in places that don't have Internet connection. It is also a good idea to reduce data usage by syncing your songs and playlists to your devices when you have access to WiFi. But there are also some caveats here too. First, you need to subscribe to the premium membership. Else if you only use the free tier service, you don't have access to the downloading features. Second, you need to have smart devices with the ability to install apps and get access to Internet so as to downloading music. In this case, it won't work for MP3 players, portable speakers, Bluetooth devices.
If you'd like to use Spotify offline mode for free as well as transfer music to any devices you want, there is a best alternative here. Just get a DRM removal tool help you here. DRmare Music Downloader for Spotify adopts the newest decryption technology to unlock Spotify songs online and transform them to common audio files such as MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, WAV.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Intuitive screen, download and convert Spotify OGG to MP3, M4A, AAC with ease
- Batch download songs at up to 5X speed while retaining original quality
- Remove DRM protection to get the best out of Spotify songs and playlists
- Supports any kinds of devices MP3 players, smart TVs, speakers, game consoles
Now you can follow this quick instruction to download and listen to Spotify music offline for free from any devices.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to DRmare software
- DRmare software supports to convert songs from Spotify free account. If you don't have an account, simply sign up one and then you can drag and drop the tracks, albums to the Spotify main screen.
- Step 2Pick up an output format for offline listening
- DRmare Playlist Downloader for Spotify supports several formats, like MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B, AAC, please just select the format meets your requirement best. As for me, I'd like MP3 best and will go ahead to choose it. Besides that, you can customize other options such as bit rate, frame rate, output folder etc.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs to your local computer
- It has never been easier to download Spotify songs with the DRmare software. Just click the "Convert" button from the bottom right and wait some time patiently, you will get all the MP3 files offline on your computer. After that, you can move the converted songs to any other devices for listening offline. And this is totally free. Are you interested in it? If so, why not just give it a try?
- Video Tutorial
- Want more easier tips? You can also watch this video tutorial to find out how it works directly.