"Is Spotify on Nintendo Switch?" Nintendo and Spotify fans had asked for the Spotify Nintendo Switch integration for years. Yet, there is still no news that Spotify will release integration with Nintendo Switch.
So, any solution to get Spotify for Nintendo Switch? Please don't be upset. In this article, we'd like to share with you how to play Spotify on Switch and Switch Lite. Now, continue reading to find the answer.
- Part 1. Get Spotify on Nintendo Switch
- Part 2. Convert Spotify for Switch
- Part 3. Play Music on Nintendo Switch from Spotify
- Part 4. FAQs about Spotify Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite
Part 1. How to Get Spotify on Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite - Best Tool
"Does Nintendo Switch have Spotify?" No, there is no Nintendo Switch Lite Spotify integration or Nintendo Switch Spotify connection. It is known that Spotify music is only playable in the Spotify app or the customized Spotify app. Besides, even Spotify premium members are no exception. But this situation will change with the help of DRmare Music Converter.
This dedicated Spotify converter well works for converting Spotify music, albums, playlists and more to local files. And it can change Spotify audio format to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, FLAC, and WAV. The converted Spotify songs keep 100% original quality and metadata, which sounds no different from the raw tracks.
After the conversion, Spotify music files are saved on your computer. Moreover, Nintendo Switch supports to stream music offline from an SD card and online from the web browser. So, you can move the converted Spotify audio files to SD card and play Spotify on Switch Lite/Switch offline.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify songs without Spotify premium
- Batch loading Spotify songs and converting at up to 5X speed
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, M4A and other formats
- Play converted Spotify on Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite
Part 2. How to Download Music from Spotify for Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite
Now let's have a quick look at how to download and convert audio from Spotify for Switch step by step. To start, you need to have the Spotify app on your computer.
- Step 1Load Spotify playlist to DRmare Spotify Downloaer
- Download and install DRmare Music Converter for Spotify on your PC or Mac. Launch it and the Spotify app will automatically open. Browse and select the tracks you want and create a game playlist. After that, drag and drop the playlist to DRmare's main window. Or, copy and paste the playlist's link to the search box in DRmare and click the '+' button.
- Step 2Customize Spotify audio settings for Switch
- You can edit the sound settings of Spotify songs for your Switch. Go to open the menu list > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' tab. Then choose MP3 as the output format. It is the most compatible audio format. Then configure other parameters like bit rate, sample rate you like. Once done, click 'OK' to save the changes.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify playlist for Switch
- Now turn to the main page of DRmare. Tap the 'Convert' button on the right bottom place to start the conversion. Then leave your computer and wait until all songs are converted automatically. At last, you can locate the converted Spotify playlist by following the on-screen tips. All files will save in the 'Converted' local folder on your computer.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify on Nintendo Switch
With DRmare Spotify Music Converter, now you got local Spotify audio files on the computer. So, you are ready to connect Nintendo Switch Spotify to enjoy music you like. Here please follow the steps below to see how to play Spotify on Switch Lite/Switch.
Way 1. Listen to Spotify on Nintendo Switch via an SD Card
Step 1. Insert the microSD card of your Switch into the card reader of the computer.
Step 2. Turn to "This PC / My Computer / Computer" on your Windows computer. Or, go to 'Folder' on your Mac computer.
Step 3. Choose the SD card in the list of drives to open it.
Step 4. Open the 'Converted' folder, then copy and paste Spotify music to your SD card.
Step 5. Insert the microSD card into your Switch.
Step 6. On the HOME Menu, tap the "Nintendo 3DS Sound" icon and choose "Open".
Step 7. Select the 'Converted' folder on the lower screen and click "Open".
Step 8. Tap the one you want to listen to and click "Play" to start playing Spotify music on Nintendo Switch.
Way 2. Play Spotify on Nintendo Switch by Google Drive
Step 1. Head to the Google Drive website or its desktop app. Then upload the converted Spotify songs to Google Drive.
Step 2. Head to 'System Settings' from the dashboard on Nintendo Switch.
Step 3. Move to 'Internet' > 'Internet Settings'. Then select the WiFi connection you are using now to enter the settings page.
Step 4. Click on 'Change Settings', then find and pick up 'DNS Settings'.
Step 5. Now, go to switch from 'Automatic' to 'Manual' under the 'DNS Settings' option. Next, choose your Primary DNS and enter 045.055.142.122.
Step 6. Now, choose 'Connect to this Network' > 'Next' and then select 'Continue to Google'.
Step 7. Enter the Google Drive website and log in to your account.
At last, you can locate the added Spotify songs on Google Drive and start to play Spotify on Switch when playing games.
Part 4. FAQs about Spotify Nintendo Switch/Switch Lite
Q1: Nintendo Switch vs Switch Lite: Which One to Choose?
A: This simple sheet lists the difference between Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite. Check it and choose the most suitable one for you.
|Nintendo Switch||Switch Lite|
|Processor||NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor||NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor|
|Screen||6.2-inch (1280 x 720) LCD Screen||5.5" (1280 x 720) LCD Screen|
|Battery Life||2017 Switch: 2.5 - 6.5 hours | Mid-2019 Switch: 4.5 - 9 hours||3 - 7 hours|
|Weight||14.1 ounces||9.8 ounces|
|Dimensions||9.4 x 4 x 0.6 inches||8.2 x 3.6 x 0.6 inches|
|Games||All Switch Games||Switch games that support Handheld Mode|
|Colors||Gray or Red and Blue Joy-Cons; multiple options available||Yellow, gray, turquoise, plus Pokemon Sword and Shield editions|
Q2: Is Spotify on the Switch?
A: No. There is no Spotify for Nintendo Switch app. Besides, Nintendo Switch doesn't support other music streaming apps.
Q3: Can You Get Spotify on Nintendo Switch via Bluetooth?
A: Yes. With the latest version of Nintendo Switch system, you can listen to Spotify music on Nintendo Switch by Bluetooth. Please go to the 'Bluetooth Audio' section under ‘System Settings' on your Switch. Then you can choose 'Pair Device' to find and go to connect your device with Switch. After that, you can play Spotify on Switch through Bluetooth.
Leave a Comment