Q: "Can you get Spotify on Switch? I am wondering if the Switch has a function that allows streaming my own music in the games I play. I have created a game playlist on Spotify so that I can listen to it while playing games. I can let the Spotify app run on the background while playing Xbox and PS4, but not Switch. The custom soundtrack is very important for me, but I found no info about it or anyone else mentioned this."
If you have the same doubt on this issue, well, you are not alone. Nintendo and Spotify fans have asked for the Switch Spotify integration in the past 3 years. The discussion of the dedicated app was posted on Spotify Community just after the Switch released. Spotify responded to it with an ambiguous reply. But so far there is no news that Spotify will release an integration with Nintendo Switch.
But don't be upset. In this article, I would like to share my latest findings on how to play Spotify on Switch and Switch Lite. Just continue reading to find the answer.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify Playlist to Nintendo Switch / Switch Lite
It is known that Spotify Music is only playable in the Spotify app or the customized Spotify app, even the Spotify premium members are no exception. But this situation will totally change with the help of DRmare Music Converter for Spotify.
This dedicated Spotify converter well works for converting Spotify music, albums, playlists to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, FLAC, WAV and then downloading Spotify audios to unlimited files. The converted Spotify songs keep 100% original quality and metadata, which sounds no different from the raw tracks.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
With the support of the DRmare Spotify Music Converter, it is quite simple to transfer Spotify tracks to Nintendo Switch, Switch Lite, or any third-party devices without an authorized Spotify app.
Part 2. How to Stream Spotify Music to Nintendo Switch / Switch Lite
Now let's have a quick look at how to download and play Spotify music on Switch.
- Step 1Load Spotify playlist to DRmare
- Download and install DRmare Music Converter for Spotify on your PC or Mac. Launch it and open the menu list on the interface. Then click the 'Register' option to unlock the advanced features. The Spotify app will automatically open. Browse and select the tracks you want and create a game playlist. After that, drag and drop the playlist to DRmare's main window. Or, copy and paste the playlist's link to the search box in DRmare and click '+' button.
- Step 2Customize Spotify audio settings for Switch
- You are available to edit the sound settings of Spotify songs for your Switch. Just open the menu list > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' tab. Then choose MP3 as the output format, which is the most compatible audio format. Then configure other parameters like bit rate, sample rate as you like. Click 'OK' to save the changes.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify playlist for Switch
- Now turn to the main page of DRmare. Tap the 'Convert' on the right bottom place to start the conversion. Then leave your computer and wait until all songs are converted automatically. The default running speed is 5X or even faster, depending on your computer configuration and the network condition. At last, you can locate the converted Spotify playlist by following the on-screen tips. All files will save in 'Converted' local folder.
- Step 4Sync Spotify music to Switch via a microSD card
1. Insert the microSD card of your Switch into the card reader of the computer.
2. Turn to "This PC / My Computer / Computer" on the computer.
3. Choose the SD card in the list of drives to open it.
4. Open the 'Converted' folder then copy and paste it to your microSD card.
5. Insert the microSD card into your Switch.
6. On the HOME Menu, tap the "Nintendo 3DS Sound" icon and choose "Open".
7. Select the 'Converted' folder on the lower screen and click "Open".
8. Tap the one you want to listen to and click "Play" to start playing.
Read More: Nintendo Switch vs Switch Lite: Which One to Choose?
This simple sheet lists the difference between Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite. Check it and choose the most suitable one for you.
|Nintendo Switch||Switch Lite|
|Processor||NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor||NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor|
|Screen||6.2-inch (1280 x 720) LCD Screen||5.5" (1280 x 720) LCD Screen|
|Battery Life||2017 Switch: 2.5 - 6.5 hours | Mid-2019 Switch: 4.5 - 9 hours||3 - 7 hours|
|Weight||14.1 ounces||9.8 ounces|
|Dimensions||9.4 x 4 x 0.6 inches||8.2 x 3.6 x 0.6 inches|
|Games||All Switch Games||Switch games that support Handheld Mode|
|Colors||Gray or Red and Blue Joy-Cons; multiple options available||Yellow, gray, turquoise, plus Pokemon Sword and Shield editions|