Part 3. How to Play Spotify Music on PS4 Offline for Free
There is not an "offline mode" on PlayStation. So you can't download music to PS4 for offline playback even if you have a premium membership. But streaming is not so stable sometimes when lots of apps are running in the background. Thus, as we have mentioned above, Spotify doesn't work on PS4.
Besides, listening to Spotify while playing games is not available on other previous game console models. To play Spotify on PS4 better, here, we will introduce the best way to use Spotify on PS4 while playing a game.
You'd better use a well-crafted tool to download Spotify music offline for PS4. Here, I'd highly recommend the DRmare Spotify to PS4 Converter. It can smartly download Spotify songs to PS4 compatible audio files, like MP3, locally and promptly with a free account.
After that, it's able to transfer Spotify music to a USB flash drive. Under this circumstance, you can play local files on PS4 from Spotify for free.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download all Spotify songs, albums, playlists with a free subscription account
- Convert Spotify songs to common audio files supported by PS4
- Download and play Spotify on PS4 offline for free
- Backup the audio tracks to listen anytime with a subscription
How to Download Spotify Music for PS4 for Free
DRmare Spotify Music Converter only works on computers. You can either use it on a Windows PC or Mac computer to download Spotify music for PS4. It takes only 4 steps.
- Step 1Run DRmare Music Converter
- Launch DRmare software from the application folder, you will see the main screen of it. Together, the Spotify app will be opened as well.
- Step 2Import the songs/playlist you want to play on PS4
- Head to the Spotify app to find your favorite songs or playlist. You can drag & drop them to import to the DRmare software screen. Or you can copy and paste the link to the search box of DRmare.
- Step 3Define an output audio format for PS4
- The only audio files supported by PS4 are MP3 or AAC. You can go to the "Preferences" window of the software to pick up the format as AAC or MP3. By the way, you can also customize other related parameters like bit rate, sample rate on the same window.
- Step 4Download songs for PS4 with 1 click
- Click "Convert" once, it will record and convert all the songs to the audio format AAC or MP3 you selected. You don't need to worry about the converting time because the speed can reach up to 5X. Besides, all the data such as title, author, album cover, etc. will completely be kept.
How to Play Spotify on PS4 Offline While Playing a Game
Now you should have already got the downloaded AAC or MP3 tracks. You can start to get Spotify on PlayStation 4. The process is not complicated. But there is something worth taking a look at if you are new to the PlayStation. Please follow the steps:
Step 1. Copy Spotify songs to a USB flash drive. Instead of putting all the files on the root folder, please create a folder with the name "Music" first. You can transfer Spotify files to that music folder.
Step 2. Plugin the flash drive to the USB port of your Sony PlayStation. You can do that anytime when the system is on or off.
Step 3. Find and open the PlayStation Media Player. If you haven't used it before, it will prompt you to download the app from the PlayStation after you click the icon.
Step 4. Use the media player to browse the Spotify music files from the USB. Start streaming them as background music. You can listen to music while playing games without depending on an extra device.
Besides this way, there are other ways to stream audio files to PS4. You can play Spotify on PS4 via the Plex or DLNA media server. What do you think about using Spotify on PS4 while playing games? Share your thoughts by commenting below.